The Corroboree
Chiral

Painkillers killing me...

just one more tip , a tiny bit of mandrake to smoke i tried it last night relaxed my legs but made my head worse, sleep was a little restless, but was but than other times, a tiny bit is about a 3rd to 1/2 matchhead worth as tst said in previous posts.

still use mandrake occasionally......my dose is prob 2 or 3 match heads now.....the anticholinergic hangover seems much less nowadays.

i have a number of herbs which help me and i sort of rotate their use ...........

gypsyweed,lycopus virginicus is a useful plant,basically lets you be functional in spite of pain,though i have not mentioned it to people who might misuse it and damage themselves.like those with rsi who might use it to push further past the pain barrier.

would like plants or seed if anyone come across it.........

t s t .

still use mandrake occasionally......my dose is prob 2 or 3 match heads now.....the anticholinergic hangover seems much less nowadays.

t s t .

yeah am starting to use full matchhead size now, little headache in the morning nothing that bad that i can't fix by myself. nights are still restless sleep but fall off to sleep much faster.

where abouts do you get gypsyweed? do you have a source?

got my last pack of gypsyweed a few years ago from 'marni's',a sth aust herb co.

they have a large range of boxed herbs sold by other shops but an even larger range at their shop in adelaide......dont appear to be online.

t s t .

As I kind of indicated in the "aspartic acid" thread, I tend to think that combatting depression is the key to beating almost any addiction. A radical change of environment is one way of kickstarting that process (in my particular case that would involve dropping me on some tropical island with uncrowded tubes :) ); otherwise it is down to chems. Ethno stuff includes St Johns wort, damiana, sceletium, betel, ephedra, khat, sida, tribulus, passiflora and other things that have been mentioned already. Some of these work better in the short term, others in the long term (the latter being how anti-depressants classically work). You just have to make sure that you don't overdo it and substitute downer withdrawals with a speed or alcohol crash, which will simply compound the depression. William Burroughs swore by apomorphine (a mild stimulant) for kicking hammer, and I suspect it would have more general applicability. So various types of lilly may also be a possibility, although I personally experience absolutely zip effect, and I can assure you that it is not through lack of trying various sources and preparation methods. Failing that, there is always a HBr reflux of codeine. :o

Good luck in beating this. Though I don't have practical advice on herbal/natural remedies that may help to offer. I can say you have my prayers and moral support. What does your GP advise in the way of weaning off painkillers out of interest? I am currently on painkillers myself but I don't want to be...I am keen to get off prescription meds ASAP. It's pretty bad when the medication to take for the purpose of healing ends up making you sicker. Once again, good luck. I look forward to you fully overcoming the hurdle that you face. All the best.

That is frightening, but it's something you should have never let happen. I started on 0.5mg 10 years ago, and still on 0.5mg (1- 4 times a day). It just takes self disipline. My motivation for having such discipline is knowing what would occur if I kept on increasing the dose, such information that you also surely knew, but chose to ignore.

The thought of forgetting my xanax or just not being able to get a script for 2 days because of a weekend etc, and seizuring or having reverse SUPER anxiety was enough to make sure I never became physically addicted. I also wonder if people's brains are wired differently, and for some to obtain anti anxiety comfort they require sedation. Sedation is very rapidly lost with xanax, however it's anti axiety effects are still very active. If a person was to associate feeling relaxed with sedation then I can imagine a person constantly up;ing their dose, in a belief they needed to do so.

Your story is more positive motivation to keep a control for everyone.

Please excuse my vague recollection.

It's refreshing to hear of someone actually managing their medication properly.

Yes, of course I knew SOME of the dangers but, I was always told that Heroin/methadone etc.. are the all time MOST ADDICTIVE drugs available and since I jumped off H with no problems I figured Xanax would be a breeze, it's totally my own stupid fault but, we all face really bad shit at least once in our lives and most people fall victim to the said "really bad shit" whereas, some people don't. I'm proud that I fell and got back up, albiet 12 painful months later but, I know that'll never happen to me or anyone I give a fuck about

again. I am glad it was me, I'm glad I went through it 'cos now I know for sure what it's about.

I'd hate to live a long boring life of sobriety, only to entertain Death-bed contemplations on what I shoulda' done or how I shoulda' lived. This way ya' fuck-up pretty much continually but, each fuck-up is a teacher and a friend.

Although I agree it was my own bad judgement which caused my bad relationship with Xanax I really should point out that, I have experience with drugs of addiction and am a very conscientious user, anyone can fall to addiction, it's how you pull yourself back up that counts.

I hope my little spin does serve as motivation for people to keep control, that would rock!