The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lamblancer

kava?

Don't forget the lecithin

i had mixed results with preparing kava, even when using the same method..

the best way i found for me was pouring kava powder into a blender with a can of coconut milk & 1 can of water (ie, thinned coconut milk) and 2-3 tsp of a non-flavoured oil (sunflower, canola) and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (raw tastes better) couple drops of vanilla extract if you like. pulse it all up for a few seconds, then leave to soak for 30-60 minutes. then blend for 3-5 minutes.

strain through cheesecloth or muslin, can be a double layer (depending on how much 'texture' you can tolerate) into a large bowl..twist & gather up the corners so you trap the powder, and 'milk' the ball in the strained liquid, working & squeezing it. finally wring it all out. dunk the twisted cloth ball in another smaller bowl with 1 cup of water and let it soak for a bit (just 20 seconds or whatever), again 'milk' it..wring out as much as possible, now combine these liquids, give it a good stir and ladle into glasses. always stir again before ladling more.

best is a couple hours after last meal..it killed any appetite i had. now do some stretches! it helped me progress in those yoga postures that were kinda niggly & painful

i wish i could sleep right now, but my neighbours are having a frickin ho-down or something

[ 20. September 2003, 04:32: Message edited by: coin ]

thx mesc and coin!

i tried it by just steeping it in water for 30 mins and i was wondering about redoing it like you said coin,your recipe sounds nice ill give that a try,ps:get some bungers for your neighbours ,i had that trouble with that crappy "doof doof" techno shit from my neighbours like they think i wanna hear it or something any way they soon got the message when i let of a few arial bombs and 4 inch bungers whenever they played it.ofcourse if they are having a one off party or something you have to tolerate it but these arseholes were playing car stereos in their front yard every day at any hour.

LOL, mmmm thanks for the suggestions

only it wasn't techno shit, which i wouldn't have minded so much it had these strange walking basslines that reminded me of this one time i accidentally went into an irish pub and middle-aged couples were dancing to a band called "the good old fellas" *shudders*

when i went back to bed, it continued for a while, any time i would start to get annoyed, i'd start laughing..nothing like a good ol' jig to lift the spirits

we had neighbours that hired some old school singer to perform horrible renditions of hits like "polka dot bikini". at least those types of parties generally end by 6:00 in the afternoon :D