The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sharxx101

ID please

Question

10 answers to this question

I'm not sure. But it doesn't look like any Trich sp I can think of.

Yeah it is a weird looking cactus and it has pups popin out from all angles. It has never flowered either and I have had it for years. bit of a slow grower aswell.

looks like a trichocereus brevispinus , some of the spines are a little longer then on mine but that could be climate possibly or could be a variation of brevispinus i believe there is also a trichocereus brevispinus v.imperialis ,I havent had a chance to look around the net to find any pics but im sure there out there.Patrick

I don't think it's Trichocereus brevispinulosus....

Look!

...I don't even think it's Trichocereus. If it was Trichocereus brevispinulosus, it'd grow faaaaast!

Stetsonia coryne was my first thought, however yours has a lot of ribs - seemingly excessive in comparison to google results for S. coryne. I doubt its Trich/Echinopsis, however there are a lot of lesser known ones out there so it's possible.

I don't know the technical term, but I think the spination looks wrong for any Trichocereus - the way that there are bigger spine coming out and then smaller spines at a flatter angle..reminds me of one of my Mamillaria's more than anything else (the spination, not the rest of it)

Loxanthocereus sp.?

Looks like a trich to me. Very similar to grandiflorus

hard to say........reminds me of a white spined trich huasca but those spines seem to thick?

huasca has another non trich name anthocereus huasca v rubra ?

t s t .

well teotz you are right ,I just never checked the identification of mine before til now ,mine is similar to the one in sharxx101's photo ,I cant think of the vendor i got it from at the moment ,and now that i think about it this wouldnt be the first tricho i got from him that turned out to be different then what he was selling it as.Patrick