The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
immanuel

Psychedelics and Psychosis?

funny story, especialy about the female cop cuddling , lol :)

Has he tripped again since??? I mean, don't spare us the rest of the story.. what are your thoughts on all these... Come'on why are you people so contained in these subjects...??

funny story, especialy about the female cop cuddling , lol :)

Has he tripped again since??? I mean, don't spare us the rest of the story.. what are your thoughts on all these... Come'on why are you people so contained in these subjects...??

Yeah he did a few times afterwards not such heavy doses though but no real extreme effects I've lost contact with him these days so its hard to give you and further follow up information I think its intresting because i know two people present had a higher dose of MDxx then he had and one of them had also had higher dose of LS but no where near so drastic effects maybe his episode snapped everyone else back to reality a little

Well, thanks... but too little info... to make it really useful.

Psychosis is like the jump to conclusions mat from i think it was the Office Space movie. Instead of rational thought and logic defining ones reality, it's more like random chance of what loop you get stuck on at the time. Psychedelics open up the mind to a more free-flowing abstract association, where, for instance, a friend calling your name is associated with a cry for help because you're very thoughts are killing them.. quite a conclusion to jump to.

There may be some truth to craziness: Our regular method of defining what is real is reductive and not as all-encompassing as mind expanding drugs can suggest. Perhaps this free-association is more closer to reality in the mind-reading / shared unconscious, foresight and future projection departments, but the psychosis element is lagging behind with egoic worries which twists the perception of a boundless self into a boundless paranoia, that may well disappear when one chooses to let go of the ego to raise into a higher state of 'liberation'.

Tangent universes and spun out weirdness unifying mind/matter in which ever boundary dissolving way may be a subjective perception of what string theory bangs on about with superpositions and non-locality and .. technical jargon, so for ontological reasons psychosis may be yet another frontier of perception to investigate, in terms of harmonious living together and stuff, it seems unhealthy.

Having said that, much of our 'living together' is parasitic and ultimately destructive leading me to think that such 'fringe' experiences may be a naturally occurring catalyst for evolution, to shake up our certainty of this solid reality as being anything other than a really really REALLY convincing illusion, as psychotic episodes verify to us the convincing nature of our own minds. How even debilitating illusions can be real and impact our experience until we become mindful of them. Meta-programming anyone?

"You have to go out of your mind to come to your senses" - Tim Leary

We are stuck in our own programs, the domain of our logical minds, which we must sometimes leave behind to finally 'sense' the bigger picture, trying to project the same sort of control programs onto the transcendental is bound to end up in problems as there lies the source of trauma for egoic humans, the attempt to control that which is chaotic, it's as if our higher self laughs at our attempts to impose the same restrictions of logic and rationality on that which by definition must transcend any sort of comprehension, we must let go instead of trying to grasp at the air if we want to be in the moment rather than [try to] control it.

When the program crashes more often it is a sign that the source code needs to be looked at again and de-bugged or totally re-written as it is obviously not functioning properly in the given environment. It reminds me of a Brian Jones Town Massacre album title "Thank God For Mental Illness". Psychosis is the strangest of blessings (If integrated and managed).

-continuing the programing metaphor: It is with egoic intentions that the source code is hidden, Open Source for the win! That means sharing is caring and total transparency of what is happening at the deepest level of programing.

...I see psychotic episodes as a revelatory paradigm shift regarding the malleability of at least ones own perception, which is all you can ever know to be true. If we are all one being that's gone a bit loopy and split its perception into separate personalities with separate lives then essentially all this, even our online banter is in your head. My thoughts and yours are the reverberations of each other with no known source other than nothingness itself.

We are (I am) a singularity(everything) experienced with infinite potentials of 'otherness'(the void of nothing): Everything and nothing are reflections of each other hence the constant re-revelations of unity, or 'mind-reading' or whatever 'weridness' when projecting the self onto the other, reconnecting, only to slip back into the illusion of a separate personal self, to remember again later: Dis-member to re-member. As every novel instance is made manifest it is merely a dis-cover-y of what was hidden before but always a part of you, chaos is the shroud of darkness over the landscape of order.

Forget Everything And Remember - For Everything A Reason

Usually this is all esoterically hidden, but then "Thinking too much about these things" may just extrapolate such communications to their 'super-logical' conclusions that we are the same.. or that we are everything (ie: god) or with a touch of psychosis, that, for whatever cosmic conspiracy reasons, the whole world around me is focused on me as all these people i know are actors orchestrating this giant hoax or whatever it is until i catch the punchline of this massive joke that everybody else must be in on, but the harder i try to 'get it' the more elusive it becomes until i just relax and laugh anyway. Psychosis seems like the egoic twin of enlightenment.

With heightened brain activity perceptive feedback loops multiply dramatically in front of you. During sober states this is not as apparent, which may just mean that debilitating and pathological thoughts are allowed to go on multiplying unchecked. Such an insight should act as a reminder to be mindful of your habits or feedback loops to see how to act most harmoniously with your self/SELF, it's all in your head anyway but it's good if you can at least get along with yourself.. you split personality weirdo you!

Oh yeah, I'd only trust another psycho to understand the undeniable convincing-ness of going psycho and hence have any kind of bearing on how to 'treat' the discrepancy of normality

===

Last little commentary. Evil are the insane satanist conspiracies that give our lives direction, the trance inducing repetition of our habits provides solace in familiarity, but this comfort zone is an imaginary bubble penetrated by the ugly reality of it all as it confronts us and compels us to find a more harmonious balance. Normality or traditionalism or conservatism is fine if things are swell, but the complacency is suicidal at this moment (the ever-present now), hence we need a percentage of mystics or shamans or 'crazies' to attempt to shift the vibes into a more child-like enthusiastic, anything is possible (even survival) frame of mind rather than continue with this depressed emo business as usual.

Maybe HIStory is in perpetual crisis, or EMERGEncy. Sometimes it might be good to listen to HERstory for a while to feel the love instead of feeling the need to dominate and fight over it. Or maybe it's about time we write this story together.

"I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away"

Psychosis may be unpleasant but it can be enlightening in hindsight. For instance I'm sure the experience of killing your friends with your thoughts was not too nice, I'm sure you learned a lot from it, my little abstract interpretation goes along the lines of: egoic thoughts and behaviors are by their nature destructive; Submission to the transcendental will or the intelligence of nature, that for as far as i remember has been pretty good to us with helping us survive, is regenerative.

On a microcosmic level your experience reflects the trials we face as a species to let go of our own preconceptions and personal worries to silence our minds and sense what is really going on, to reconnect as one harmonious vibration at least for one moment.

Of course after the great gig in the sky we'll have a laugh and get back down to the business of starting all these dramas again... and start believing in them again: People get caught up in this roller coaster thinking it's real, what a crazy sideshow I've caught myself in. I wonder what other rides are beyond?

This most likely makes no sense.. Rationality and Logic are the lower levels of understanding it seems, and that's only apparent after your worldview has been flipped on it's head. Thank God for Mental Illness.

Just cuz we placate the status quo by abiding to the terms of 'normality' or 'sanity', doesn't mean we've all fully 'snapped back into it'.

[edit] typos annat

Edited by The Dude

anyone rekon a serotonin imbalance can be helped by 5HTP?

5HTP will have an effect on emotional affect and cognition. Many people report good things from using 5HTP.

As for the whole balance thing, who knows really what is balanced or not, unless speaking metaphorically..

I went crazy for the better part of a year after eating some Panaeolus subbalteatus mushrooms. I lost my mind, went bat-shit crazy... but then... after about 6 months of anxiety attacks and insanity... I realized... "Hey... I'm not crazy?"

And then I got better... and in the end... it was good for me! Though it was the most horrible period of my life, the mushrooms had a lesson for me. I think people who think they've gone crazy just need to learn to deal with their new reality.

I think anyone that has taken any regular or substantial amount of psychedelics and is inter meshed with the culture of free thinkers and speculators of consciousness has no place to define what is or is not "crazy". Mental illness(especially schizophrenia) is the one of the most enigmatic diseases or mysteries of our modern day. I would have to say if anyone on this forum went and without inhibition and laid out their brain in front a group of psychiatric "pro's" for analysis you would all get labeled off your brain jumped off the train mutha fuckn insane, thats reality and it can be a bit frightening. Thank fully enough i lost my shit well and truly for about... I lost my shit hahahaha. But I learned how to deal with it, for example a typical symptom of schizophrenia is believing that people are out to get you (specifically some organized group). So for example David Icke is still making his doco's and writing his books, attending conferences so on and so forth. He still holds his shit down and if you are familiar with him... OUT THERE!!!!

Imagine wats going on inside his head when he walks down the shop to get milk and bread?

I suffer from very typical schizophrenic symptoms such as spitting on the doorstep of the lodge on Ann st when i walk past hahahah! Then shitting myself the rest of the way home thinking that they have noticed my disdain for their fancy fucked up club. Can you conceive that these notions proposed by people that i was speaking about are not just a story to make money but a reality that they were smart enough to figure out and are trying to pass it on then you do have a reason to be scared they are out to get you!!!!!!!! as much as everyone else.

Edited by cosmosuperball

Psychosis is like the jump to conclusions mat from i think it was the Office Space movie..............

[edit] typos annat

Quality :lol: I expected to see some (the crux of my whole existence) responses to this question! :)

booze-induced psychosis?

uhhh fuck oath its just accepted so you dont get pulled up for being a belligerent aggressive drongo cuz the conspiracy makes money off that shit.