The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Humidity worms

New one on me man. I have some SE asian tropical tree seedlings growing in my standard little seedling trays with fairly standard humidity domes but something freaky happened. Because of dropping temps the condensation stayed on the dome for a few days and all these worms appeared in the water droplets :huh:

Any idea what these critters might be?

I killed them off to be safe, I need a tropical parasite like I need a third tit :wink:

post-146-1223171343_thumb.jpg

post-146-1223171357_thumb.jpg

humidworm1.JPG

humidworm2.JPG

humidworm1.JPG

humidworm2.JPG

They look like Nematodes to me. They have tiny eggs or even larvae in water and then given the right conditions thay can grow to about that kind of size.

Sometimes there harmfull sometimes not, i think it depends on the kind of Nematode it is.

Edited by Hillbilly farm boy

That's freakishly weird! I have no idea what that is but for some reason worms weird me out. Good luck with that :P

Gen

Yipe, i didnt know nematodes could get that big outside of animals.

Hope they arent the harmful kind >.

Good thing you killed them...

What'd ya use to get rid of them?

Toilet paper :wink:

A few new condensation droplets formed today and they got worms too with little trails through the 'mist'. It seems they are coming up from the soil so they can party in the water droplets :wacko: Does look like a party too, all dancing and shit. Do you suppose its the worm version of nude cage dancing? I could so see that, transparent 'domes' on the walls of a night club with gyrating nude dancers inside and intoxicant drug trees growing on the dance floor.. hell that sounds fun! I wanna be a worm, that or check out the kinky dance clubs in bali.

Anyway... if any of my seedlings start getting ate i'll sprinkle tobacco powder between the seedlings and around the inner edge of the pot. Tobaccos great like that- kills anything that can gyrate.