The Corroboree
holymountain

Id help...several lovely cacti

Question

hi everyone. went to a nursery today that had a lovely bunch of cacti. wouldn't mind purchasing a few of them but unfortunatley they didn't have any identification. i have a rough idea for a lot of them but wouldn't mind confirmation from anyone if they can help out. cheers.

SL372255-1.jpg

i think the one on the front is a scopulicola and the one at the front right is a pachanoi...is the one at the back left a bridgesii and the one on the right another pach?

SL372252.jpg

have we got a bridgesii in the middle, a spachianus at the front and another scop on the very left? no idea whats on the right.

SL372261.jpg

no idea what the tall fellow in the middle of this one is. hoping its some type of bridgesii or peruvianus?

SL372259.jpg

some kind of monstrose?

SL372256.jpg

again no idea but hoping some sort of bridgesii or peruvianus

SL372253.jpg

a closer shot of what i think might be a bridgesii

any help would be appreciated. as i've said i have a rough idea and it would be great if someone could confirm or correct me and maybe help point out where i've gone wrong. cheers!!

Edited by holymountain

4 answers to this question

It's not that easy to see in the small pics. I'd say you have scop on the left and pach on the right in the first pic. Looks to be a bridge at the back left. Then maybe a cereus at the back on the right....then maybe pilocereus azureus to the right and mostly out of shot.

The other one that you think is a bridge definately is. The spach may be, but would need a better shot to be sure. The tall one of the small ones doesn't look like a Trich to me, although I'll be interested to see what people say about the one in the next pic, because that looks like it could be (on second thoughts the better shot of the spines in the last pics makes me say yes) EDIT: Sorry, this last comment in brackets was about the spachianus.

Edited by ballzac

It's not that easy to see in the small pics. I'd say you have scop on the left and pach on the right in the first pic. Looks to be a bridge at the back left. Then maybe a cereus at the back on the right....then maybe pilocereus azureus to the right and mostly out of shot.

The other one that you think is a bridge definately is. The spach may be, but would need a better shot to be sure. The tall one of the small ones doesn't look like a Trich to me, although I'll be interested to see what people say about the one in the next pic, because that looks like it could be (on second thoughts the better shot of the spines in the last pics makes me say yes.

the one on the right in the first pic behind the pach is not another pach.

the one ion the rifght lookd like euphorbia.

pic 3 looks like psilocerues... perhaps psilcerues azuernues?

pic 4 looks like a cerues pweruvian monstrose perhaps a cv fairycastle?

pic 5 not sure perhpas stenocerues (probably way off)

pic 6 is most porabaly a bridgie.

Quote Ballzac"It's not that easy to see in the small pics. I'd say you have scop on the left and pach on the right in the first pic. Looks to be a bridge at the back left. Then maybe a cereus at the back on the right....then maybe pilocereus azureus to the right and mostly out of shot."

I would agree with Ballzac here.

Also i would agree that the 'monstrose' is Cereus peruvianus var monstrose.

Can't help with the others though sorry.

[EDIT: spelling]

Edited by Plantsoma

thanks everyone. was going to post bigger pics but thought that was frowned upon. especially with this many images (though i don't know how i expected anyone to identify with such small pics. sorry). thanks for all the help though. i mainly had my eye on the bridgesii so glad that everyone seems to agree.

peace.