The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MrPotato

Anadenanthera colubrina Seedpods - anybody have any info on their uses

I vaguely remember hearing something interesting about the pods versus the seeds, but I don't remember the details. Anybody ever heard of how the natives may have used the pods and how they prepared/used them and what kinds of effects they achieved with them? Thanks

don't know about traditional use, but one of the guys harvesting these seeds in south america is also certain that the pods contain tryptamines. I actually think he said they contained mainly dmt. none of this info is verified, but the source is extremely trustworthy.

I believe it was Jonathan Ott (but I could be wrong. I do know it is out there somewhere in the literature) who mentioned that there was only dmt in the pods. I mentioned some work I did with that material years ago (on a different forum) which is probably what you remember.

The results were positive from pyrolization of the pods, but seemed more like low dose 5meo than anything else.

Shortly after I mentioned it, several entheo vendors received an email from South America offering the pods.

It used to take 2-3 years for anyone else to jump on something like that. Not so much, anymore.

I guess I can't complain; I helped to create the situation.

Hi friendly,

Yeah, that's where I remembered it from :) . So were the pods just ground and pyrolized or were they extracted?

Thanks.

Someone told me about this a year or so ago.

So i went googling.

i found this reference:

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-ana..._2_page006.html

Good article, but a little old perhaps. some of the info is intereting.

This article is also repeated at Lycaeum:

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=16593

An interesting topic. would be good to know more.

cheers, Obtuse.

there is an old thread think its at the ayahausca forum on this.....

fellow makes a solution and puts it in a sinus dispenser,finds its good for pain relief.....

t s t .

The husks were removed, the seeds were toasted until dark brown/black and brittle, then they were powdered and pyrolized.