The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
austin

newbie needs an id

hey, i'm new to the mushroom thing and was wondering if i could get some help with an id on these two.

the second one just interests me because its pinkish kinda colour

found both around the mt crawford area with pines around.

can anyone point me to some resources to do some research

P7300066.JPG

P7300067.JPG

P7300069.JPG

P7300071.JPG

P7300072.JPG

cheerio in advance

austin

nice pics, im guessing:

#1 Mycena sp.

#2 Laccaria sp.

for some general mushroom information have a look around the RBG fungi section, you can navigate around using the menu on the left.

have a read through some of the threads over on the shroomery hunting forum. it should help give you an idea of the sort of things you should be looking for to help with making an accurate id.

will post some others when im not so tired

Edited by genki

Maybe I been smoking too much but are there bluish tinges at those cap margins and at the stem base or is that just an artefact of the lighting.

Maybe I been smoking too much but are there bluish tinges at those cap margins and at the stem base or is that just an artefact of the lighting.

yeah .. could be a Psilocybe, pity no spore print.. its viscid like a Mycena though and the stem looks super smooth like a Mycena. but the gills are off-white like a Psilocybe.

Edited by Undergrounder

Nah, I wasn't thinking psilocybe. I was thinking more along the lines of Mycena cyanorrhiza an active Mycena species. Could be something related ? :drool2:

A note of caution though. Certain mycena species are known to be toxic as far as I know.

Edited by Mycot