The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Ok, so... How do you kidnap some one with out getting in shit?

A mate and I have been chatting recently about awsom jobs. We decided that the best job would be to kidnap people for a quid. Legally of course.

People come to you, give you there details, get a medical check, pay a fee and you kidnap them some time in the next 12 months.

Lock them up in a chair and give them the old 20 questions, have a safe word, detain them for no more than 16 hours or untill they pull the pin.

It would be fun, different and every day would be new.

You don't have set work days, you do your thing whenever you want, just drag them into a van, lol.

It is a very niche job, sure, but cool... I guess its a borderline fetish thing.

Is there a way this can be legaly done? I know dragging people into a van is frowned upon. If they sign a waver, a consent form etc etc.

Input?

Gen

I remember seeing a doco about people providing this service in Japan, perhaps you could advertise in the local Japanese paper?

Like you say though, best to check the Australian laws regarding this practice though.

A movie that featured Shaun Penn and Michael Douglas called "The game" was like that

Actually i remeber it being a really good movie!! You could have different themes, for example an 'Alien abduction'

Yeah I saw some idiots on Discovery Travel doing the same scam in New York.

I personally feel like these sorts of "jobs" and "work" are so stupid that nobody in their right mind would pay to take part in a fake kidnapping and therefore solve themselves in terms of availability...

But obviously some people are that stupid...

Yeah I saw some idiots on Discovery Travel doing the same scam in New York.

I personally feel like these sorts of "jobs" and "work" are so stupid that nobody in their right mind would pay to take part in a fake kidnapping and therefore solve themselves in terms of availability...

But obviously some people are that stupid...

Sina, how is that stupid? Maybe some people have a kidnapping fetish, some people want to know what it feels like to be powerless. There are a lot of people out there that are into it but not many providing the service.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it is stupid. It means your are close minded.

Gen

If you had a kidnapping fetish I doubt the sort of shit these people were pulling would get you off.

Obviously, if I think it's stupid that means I don't understand it.

So they pay you to fake kidnap them?

Because that gets them off?

Or it's just something exciting and unexpected?

So they pay you to fake kidnap them?

Because that gets them off?

Or it's just something exciting and unexpected?

Ohh they pay you. They come to you, you work things out like who they are where they live etc., they pay in advance and then randomly in the next 12 months you kidnap them. So they don't know when it is coming.

Randomly stalk them for a day or two before you do your deed. So on and so forth.

I think it would be fun.

Gen

i think i saw something like that on that lonely planet: 6 degrees travel show. they were in new york.

i think there were a range of resons why some people wanted to be kidnapped.

some wanted to try and fight and escape to have a feeling that they won. im not sure if anyone ever beat the kidnappers though cause they seemed to like the approach of breaking into your house when you are sleeping and have two huge bouncer dudes that grabbed and pinned you.

it would be interesting to devote yourself to not getting caught. wire up trip alarms through your house, change times and places you travel to each day, perhaps have some mates act as lookouts/security.

i cant see any point in just letting yourself get caught though.

To do this legally your business would need public liability insurance, OHS practices outlined and the police informed to avoid awkward confrontational scenarios. All 3 of those would be a nightmare to work with. Then there's the 'good Samaritan' nightmare. I'm not up on the law, bein' out of it; check with a lawyer about the idea first. There's probably at least a few laws you would need to take into account for sure. Perhaps you could run a service that allows people to 'kidnap' you. I reckon that would make the red tape a bit easier, still... get a haircut and get a real job! :P

Sounds cooky!

Kidnap me!

Well randomly searching the net I found this from Melbourne... It takes my idea a little further... A little to far infact.

Vive Cool City

Also this is a pretty cool site, real interesting if you hang around Melbourne. Turns out there is a market for this kinda shit but I think this rummy has the market cornered. I'll leave it up to him, lol

Gen

*note to self, watch out for genesis*

*note to self, watch out for genesis*

HA! Damn straight, I am that guy your mothers warned you about as a kid :P

Gen