Philosophy/Spirituality-

"The Universe in a Single Atom" ~ The Dalia Lama

"Tao Teh Ching" ~ Lao Tzu

"Taoist Immortals" ~ (?)

Teotz's Book Wish List-

"The Field"; "The Intention Experiment" ~ Lynn Mctaggot

*to be edited*

Edited by Teotz'

I picked up "The Fruit Hunters" today...

I've only read about a few chapters tho...

It's very interesting what it says about "biophilia" on page 5.

How a love for nature evolved to ensure interdependant species survival, this is most vital to humans, who are extremely interdependant upon nature, more so than most creatures.... why then do we fuck up the Earth sooo bad???

This book really makes me want to grow a lot of rare and exotic fruit... Goji berries... Acia... and such...

Edited by Teotz'

Anybody got any good book suggestions?

I like books about ethnobotanicals, adventures, history, philosophy, religion, etc.

Espeically books which tie all those subjects into one- "Food of the Gods" by Terence Mckenna is a wonderful example of this. I know it's been said before but...

...I fucking loved that book!!! Took me on a trip as strong as any entheogen I've ever ingested...

So... anybody read anything good lately???

Edited by Teotz'

finished food of the gods recently, it was good but i prefered the final quarter covering more of the philosophy of pysc's than the potential history of them. but i cant get enough of the way he can use the english language, he was a special human in so many ways.

currently enjoying 'marihuana - the forbidden medicine' by L.Grinspoon and J Bakalar. basically case studies of people with differing health issues (most fatal)supplimenting pharma's for reefer with absolutely incredible results. wow... i mean wow...

next book will be 'the field' by lynn mctaggot. its a re read and thats saying somthing im not one to re read books. its about conciousness, quantumness, the collective conciousness. man its a mind blower. it has a sequal called 'the intention experiment', yet to read it but sounds just as good.

thats it from me...

...back to you in the studio...

:)

Edited by Korky

Lynn's book sound like something I'm lookin' for! Thanks!

The "Fruit Hunters" is awesome! Really helps you understand botanical trading and international plant laws, as well as introducing you to all kinds of crazy "plant people".

I know wanna grow Goji Berry and "Ice Cream Bean" ~ Inga edulis plants.

been reading "shroom: A cultural History of the Magic Mushroom" by andy letcher recently. extremely well written. very compelling. takes out a bit (okay a lot) of the fun though, dispelling all those myths i liked the sound of when i thought they were true....still good though. and as it says on the back, the truth is just as interesting :wink:. although i do question the truth of what he says when he makes mistakes such as "perganum" harmala...but maybe this is irrelevant. overall a good book. it's non fiction written in a fiction style narrative, my favourite genre atm.

i would recommend against the 'pharmako' series which i also purchased, it all seems to be poetic self indulgent crap, a few novel ideas but not much in the way of substance. this is pharmako/poeia btw. maybe if you liked abstract poetry and ALSO had an understanding of psychoactive plants it would be good, but looking for information and/or interesting reading i only find gibberish and badly flowing, non rhyming poetry.

a non ethnobotanical book (but one you could call somewhat psychedelically minded if you were so inclined) is Abarat by clive barker. it's my favourite book. it's an alice in wonderland type adventure where a young girl visits an archipelago of islands where time is a place. it's very good, although it is for children technically. but possibly not for the youngins, since it concerns such grown up themes as insanity, grief, child abuse and slavery. good as though.

that's my ten cents.

I just finished reading When the Impossible Happens by Stan Groff.

Awesome book and from all his personal experiences in LSD therapy and Holotropic breathwork you really are left thinking that there must be something out there. Like the same belief in otherness you get when you have visited hyperspace via the methylated tryptamine rocket.

The book is broken down into short self contained stories which all tie together. The books works well as a book and each story works well as a story. Never boring.

Sounds good!

Fiction?

Heres one for you Teotz -

The lost language of plants by Stephen Harrold Buhner.

I got my copy from amazon

A valuable addition to your ethnobotanical library.

For those interested in Iboga -

Iboga: The visionary root of African shamanism by Vincent Radvalec, Mallendi, and Agnes Paicheler.

amazon

Awesome dude!

Thanks for posting those!