The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tardistestpilot

id please

Question

7 answers to this question

Good finds.

Hard to tell what species #1 is, but definitely Trichocereus.

#2 I would guess as pach/scop hybrid, or similar.

#3 is two different plants, the leftmost branches being probably some sort of Cereus or similar and the middle obviously much fatter and different hue of green being a Trichocereus macrogonus/peruvianus or similar.

#4, #5 I assume to be different angle shots of the same plants.

Good finds.

Hard to tell what species #1 is, but definitely Trichocereus.

#2 I would guess as pach/scop hybrid, or similar.

#3 is two different plants, the leftmost branches being probably some sort of Cereus or similar and the middle obviously much fatter and different hue of green being a Trichocereus macrogonus/peruvianus or similar.

#4, #5 I assume to be different angle shots of the same plants.

Agree for the most part.

#1 the damage is rather severe sunburn - suspect a tree or fence removed from in front of it recently.

I'd almost say without hesitation that #2 is a pach var Juuls giant

4 and 5 look to be an awesome example of cereus sp

Edited by bit

1 looks a bit like T. peruvianus "Rosei" vvvvvvery shekshie

2 looks like a plain old pachanoi to me

Id say 1 3 4 5 are all the same plants, peruvi and a cereus with the pach in the background of pic 4.

Agree for the most part.

#1 the damage is rather severe sunburn - suspect a tree or fence removed from in front of it recently.

I'd almost say without hesitation that #2 is a pach var Juuls giant

4 and 5 look to be an awesome example of cereus sp

yes bit i have just moved to this place and there was a bon fire next to these 12 foot + im guessing cerius and a bridge

only because of the long spines on the not so cerius ......and the pach scop looking thing to the left is what i would of thought it may have been ...there is some serious rot setting in shouold I cut away all the effected areas it has been badly burnt ?

and yes this has been my first attempt at doing an ID on any cacti that is :unsure:

Edited by tardistestpilot

1 looks a bit like T. peruvianus "Rosei" vvvvvvery shekshie

2 looks like a plain old pachanoi to me

Id say 1 3 4 5 are all the same plants, peruvi and a cereus with the pach in the background of pic 4.

yes they are all a group of the same plants

yes bit i have just moved to this place and there was a bon fire next to these 12 foot + im guessing cerius and a bridge

only because of the long spines on the not so cerius ......and the pach scop looking thing to the left is what i would of thought it may have been ...there is some serious rot setting in shouold I cut away all the effected areas it has been badly burnt ?

and yes this has been my first attempt at doing an ID on any cacti that is :unsure:

If it is in your care, then yes I would definitely prune the rotting sections, and dose the cuts with sulphur.. Otherwise ask the owner if you can - it would help prevent the rot spreading to other areas.

If it's summer where you are right now it _might_ be ok to leave, but if it's winter I would prune.

If it is in your care, then yes I would definitely prune the rotting sections, and dose the cuts with sulphur.. Otherwise ask the owner if you can - it would help prevent the rot spreading to other areas.

If it's summer where you are right now it _might_ be ok to leave, but if it's winter I would prune.

thankyou all very much for the advice i will give it a prune will post more pics soon

Edited by tardistestpilot