The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Breed of minature cats

So my cat recently had kittens, cute as hell. My girlfriend and I sat around last night watching the little tigers running back and forth whilst going "AWWWW". Us, not the kittens. Then she said, "Wouldn't it be great if they stayed that size".

People have bred minature horses, FUCKING USELESS, and minature dogs, ugly and yappy, there are even minature people. Why has no one bred a super cute minature cat? There would be a tonne of money in it and I dont think it would be that hard as cats breed pretty prolifically. I'd love a cat that stayed kitten size and I know I am not the only one.

After google-ing the topic I couldnt find anything except that some time cats can have dwarf kittens and theres a bred thats small... But not that small.

So I guess I wanna know why no one has ever bred a small kitten-sized cat? And who else would want one?

Just throwing it out there, Cheers Gen

My gf and I had the same situation when we got our kitten, the whole 'why can't he just stay like that' idea. Good question as to why no one has done it yet, maybe its time to do some genetic experiments on the little tiger :D lol.

Peace,

Mind

did anyone see on t.v news last nite (i think it was in u.s.a.) a huge new breed of domestic cat atleast twice the size of your average moggie

it was shown jumping around 7ft in the air from a sittng position,they were saying if it got to oz it would devastate the wildlife

oh and btw i have a minature horse and apart from free manure and the "AWWW" factor your right not a lot of other uses(get plenty of chicks when u walk her on the beach :wink: )

but i tell u after workin a farm full of them there is nothing more "AWWWW" than watchin 100 of the little beggars runnin towards u for their morning feed :wub:

Ahh I know what you mean, lamb season... AWWW! Are you talking about those cats they bred with like wild african cats?

Thats what I am talking about cept not that. Like why cant they cross a kitten with Gary Coleman? PERFECT!

If they bread some miniture cats Im sure Torsten will be all over them, haha :)

:P

did anyone see on t.v news last nite (i think it was in u.s.a.) a huge new breed of domestic cat atleast twice the size of your average moggie

it was shown jumping around 7ft in the air from a sittng position,they were saying if it got to oz it would devastate the wildlife

OMFG KILL IT

it could probably take down a grown man (armed with a club).

Why would you arm a supercat with a club? Thats just ASKING for trouble! Also cats don't have thumbs so what you said is dumb :P

Gen

They have thumbs, right? They're just opposable.

^ shouldn't that be un-opposable?

it was the Savannah cat that was on the news the other night

A government report into the proposed importation of savannah cats into Australia warns the hybrid breed may introduce enhanced hunting skills into feral cat populations and put keystone native species at risk.

The draft environment report concludes the most cost-effective way of minimising any potential negative impacts is "to prohibit import".

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/200...mp;topic=latest

Theres a realy small breed from the sahara, deset cat I think or something like that, very small & very cute with big ears for temp regulation but very wild also. That would be great bring in a cat that can live in the other 10% of OZ that other cats can't. LOL

anyone seen large black cats in australia? I didn't believe in them till i saw a panther out at woods reserve in cbr, also found 8 cm footprints in the sand. (photo didn't work out, poor light, phone cam.)

freaky.

anyone seen large black cats in australia? I didn't believe in them till i saw a panther out at woods reserve in cbr, also found 8 cm footprints in the sand. (photo didn't work out, poor light, phone cam.)

freaky.

i come from the bush in the hunter valley & my sister & heaps of other people have seen these HUGE black cats around here. very damn interesting! i don't know what they are, whether they're panthers or what? i really wanna see one myself

it's intigued me for years. if you've seen these things, tell me more man :)

LOL, panther my ass, its probably milhouse.

so many sightings and never a carcass.

Feral cats get freakin BIG.

LOL, panther my ass, its probably milhouse.

so many sightings and never a carcass.

Feral cats get freakin BIG.

they had an article in the last few years on t.v and the footage they showed was beyond just freakin big,

like u wouldnt want to run into it.

ive killed big ferals but they were still only medium dog size, this thing was more german shepherd.

that being said S.A. had our own "lion" sighting for years that turned out to be a feral mastiff,

so u cant be sure until its right there in front of ya.(smellin the pee runnin down ya leg :lol: )

abc.jpgGippsland%20cat.jpg

This dude Kurt Engel shot and killed what he said was a puma or leopard in Gippsland. He cut off its tail and threw the carcass into a river apparently, of course, that is what most ppl would do when they think they have shot one of the most elusive creatures on this planet "the aussie BIG cat". Thank god for DNA testing haha, it turned out to be a feral cat. :rolleyes:

.....and thats as close as it gets.

have fun with that - the nsw government thinks they exist - I've SEEN the bloody thing. Ferals DON'T stand hip-high. sorry.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/pest...-identification

btw, I'm a very sceptical person, to the point that it gets in the way while tripping. so to me, seeing this thing was like seeing a yeti or a bunyip or something...

Yeh, they THINK they exist, no rock solid evidence to prove the fact though. Personally, i would prefer the mystery animal to be a marsupial lion or the like rather than an introduced species such as a leopard or puma. Like i mentioned, when there is a carcass produced, then i will believe. I mean its rare to even see a fox out and about during the day and they are shot all the time, yet these "mystery cats" are sighted all the time yet nobody seems to have a gun or even a camera in focus to capture the freakin things.

Why would you arm a supercat with a club? Thats just ASKING for trouble! Also cats don't have thumbs so what you said is dumb :P

Gen

if the cat had a club it would take out a whole platoon.

i was saying it could take out a man even if the man had a club.

of course, it would probably be too busy slaughtering those pesky native fauna.