The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Taking Care Of...

I've always had trouble with Kratom and Salvia plants...

So I was wondering, what's the best way to keep these plants happy?

I'm hoping that once my Psychotria and Kratom plants get big enough, they will make nice house plants and won't need as high of humidity or heat... Is this a correct assumption?

Hi Teotz! We have a lot of threads about the growing conditions of these two plants! Make sure to check them out!

Because it has already been discussed often, I´ll make it very short!

Kratom likes maximum humidity and very warm temperature but not direct sunlight! Its an rainforrest plant and likes the typical conditions of the Rainforrest! You probably cant overwater Kratom! bye Eg

Ya I did some looking about and that's basically what I came up with...

But I was wondering if they will ever make decent house plants? Or is humidity too low in the normal home?

Its possible, yeah! Spraying them with water is essential! bye Eg

Ya I try to mist mine alot.

if you can, also try to make a little cover thing for the pot plants, like put some sticks on the edges of the pot (works best if the pot is square) then use some glad wrap to go round to create like a mini greenhouse effect, and spray once or twice a day, the cover keeps alot of the humidity in so it works pretty good, specially for salvia, not sure bout kratom, but sounds like it and salvia like the same conditions, in terms on humidity anyways.

hope that helps

Peace

That's a good idea!

Thanks!

Ya, Salvia, Kratom and Psychotria all grow pretty much the same I would assume...

That's a good idea!

Thanks!

Ya, Salvia, Kratom and Psychotria all grow pretty much the same I would assume...

no, they all like different conditions.

the thing is that, caring for plants is too a high degree a thing that comes with experience, insights, and trial and error.

aswell there are different methodes to achive similar results, if for example a given plant in one carers location recieves more sunlight, one would have to water this plant a bit more than, one that recieves less.

what works for one person well, might not work for another.

teotz, you are very often just posting questions, which show us that you don't do a lot of research or inform youreselfe before you post. i find it a bit disrespectful to other forum members, that you are wanting them to always do the work for you.

if you like for example in the other thread, find out about different catha strains, don't ask, use the searchengine instead, like most other people do!!!!! like this you might bring even some new information, into the disccussion, which would be good as it's give and take here, and only taking is not cool!

teotz, you come across to me like the "pupil in school which takes most of the teachers time"....

Well I guess I was wrong about them all growing in similar conditions.

Alright!

Heeeeeee Haaaaaawwwwwwwww!

*unsure about the facetiousicity of this one - don't think it is.*

....great.

How can I turn a "Bumble-Bee" Kratom plant into a nice house plant?

And what's the deal with this new strain?

Anybody tried it?

Check out this "Bumble-Bee" Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) plant on Ebay.

I was thinking about bidding on it, but I wanted to see what you guys what to say first...

~Teotzlcoatl~

Edited by Teotz'

On Kratom Strains-

The best known clone is the Robert Rifat Clone. This plant was originally grown in research funded by Shaman Australis from seed collected from a research institution in Thailand by the Swiss scientist Claude Rifat. The parent plant has been used in several research studies, and presumably is the Chulalongkorn University tree used in the Chiba University research. The Rifat Clone has a reputation for being especially strong, and is the most widely available clone outside of Asia.

A few other named plants have appeared. One that came out of Shaman Australis' research was the Craig's Clone. This plant was grown from Thai seed distributed by a collector named Craig in 1999 from trees which local residents said were their preferred kratom plants. Craig's Clone was never developed into a stable strain and the plant died, as did some tissue cultures of the plant had been put into storage medium. However, other researchers in the US were able to grow plants from the same seed collection, which reportedly included approximately 100 seeds which were distributed to a variety of botanists and collectors. Among the plants produced from these seeds are the KRW 1 through 4 plants grown by Rick Warren, which were used in biochemical analysis work by Daniel Siebert. Finally, there is the Bumblebee Clone, which was reportedly grown by a Spiritplants member named Bumble from seeds said to be of Vietnamese origin.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

I'm hoping that once my Psychotria and Kratom plants get big enough, they will make nice house plants and won't need as high of humidity or heat... Is this a correct assumption?

I was also gonna ask y'all what enthnobotanicals would make good "House-shrubs", basically I'm looking for a woody, green leafy shrub/bush/tree. I was thinkin' Catha, Kratom, Ibgoa, Psychotria, Erythroxylum, Theobroma, Ilex.... Can y'all think of anymore? Which one's would best be suited to live indoors year-round, with only moderate attention given?

I believe Torsten has Ilex and Calea plants... how would those do as house plants?

Edited by Teotz'

*Edit*

Edited by Teotz'

Torsten opened a cool website you know, it has all his plants :) Its called shaman australis.

You'll want to edit your want list ^ since one is a flat out federally banned illicit drug and another is highly questionable as written.

All I was asking was if those would make good house plants.

These are hypothetical questions for me to reference after the world realizes plants are good for you.

*Edit* O shit, no your right! I made it look like I was asking for those plants. :) I'll edit it.

Edited by Teotz'