The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
kindness

My body was a compass while mushroom hunting

Hey,

I'm not going to explain the whole thing cause it would just take tooooooo long but a number of years ago while hunting for mushrooms I was able to close my eyes and turn in a circle until I hit "north" so to speak and then walk until I felt the urge to stop and then do the turning around thing again. With out fail I would walk straight into a mushroom. They were very thin on the ground at the time also, I found a perfect 10 and left.

anyone else had this experience. it was seriously like I was being turned around by a magnetic force

m

Forget where I read this, could have been Erowid. Maybe from Finland? There was an old composer who heard mushrooms singing. He would walk in the forest and could find where different fungi were growing from their song. He would walk towards the song until they were at his feet. Some were tiny and hard to see but he could hear them and find them. Occasionally he would hear a new song he'd never heard before and it would be an undiscoverered species, unknown to science. He wrote down the music he heard and put it in some of his works, and is thought of as a living national treasure in his country.

thats very cool & interesting trans diff :)

aaah music & drugs, it dont come any sweeter

I seem to be able to smell out a patch at a good distance, a mate winessed it while out hunting one day, on the way to a patch i said i smell shrooms, and off the track into the bush i go, my mate is shaking his head and 20 meters off the track a good patch of about 15, i find these days that i almost dont need to consume them, just the act of going to find them puts me in an altered state of sorts.

my other example is a couple of years ago i went to a normal patch and got half a dozen and went home, that night i had a dream where there was a patch almost calling to me, so i went to have a look where i saw in my dream, only 100 meters from a patch i have been going to for years and the same one that the half a dozen came from. in my dream there was a group of 5 growing out of the same little clump of dirt, and while i never found the 5 i saw, I found over 100 in this new patch, i havnt been for a look yet this year but last year it was a good patch for the whole season.

not quite the same as above but these have been my experiences in hunting, will be interesting to see what some others have to say.

Hey,

I'm not going to explain the whole thing cause it would just take tooooooo long but a number of years ago while hunting for mushrooms I was able to close my eyes and turn in a circle until I hit "north" so to speak and then walk until I felt the urge to stop and then do the turning around thing again. With out fail I would walk straight into a mushroom. They were very thin on the ground at the time also, I found a perfect 10 and left.

anyone else had this experience. it was seriously like I was being turned around by a magnetic force

m

No, in my case my bladder seems to be my mushroom magnet.

Whenever I'm in likely areas but not having any luck I just wander around until I have the urge to piss and while doing so I look around and pretty much without fail there always seems to be one in the immediate vincinity. I found the best spot of my life pulling over to the side of the road to piss - I saw one, which led to another, which led to another and before I knew it I was in a mushroom wonderland.

i find these days that i almost dont need to consume them, just the act of going to find them puts me in an altered state of sorts.

Know what you mean there, that's a unique high all of it's own.

i always get waaaaaay dizzy and disoriented when i hunt for too long, not sure if its from touching nasty mushrooms or from the constant kneeling and standing and frantic giggly jogging to my friends when they see some.

maybe its a combination?

good. you guys are making me feel less of a strange person here!

I felt that I was being given a gift and guided to those I found. These I did not end up eating or anything, I purely preserved them by drying and passed onto a close friend as a gift also. It was basically and beyond explaining amazing. magnetic is the best way to describe.

Imagine a compass spinning to find north.... north was the shrooms... even in the weirdest spots of forest.

the power of plants hey!

:wub:

Edited by meanies

I'm mighty jealous of the lot of ya! I still have never come across a wild active :( I have been on plenty of hunts and always get odd 'lucky' feelings, but as yet, none have panned out to be so lucky... I can only hope that I come across that 'patch of a lifetime' this season :)

Without getting too Don Juan about it, I do think that certain plants / things pick people. Some things definately do not like me, that or they have served their purpose and are now a bit annoyed or bored with me like mj. For me I think it is about whats there to learn, utilize. The mushrooms I think tend to find me if I have intent or purpose for searching.

even in a drought :wink:

Unfortunately I am the opposite. My first season and every time I get a good feeling about a place WAH WAH no luck. I did come across a nasty looking patch of fungus that was sure to kill any one that got to close let alone ate any.

Maybe you should whip out your family tree, you might have a rello that was a truffle pig, lol.

Quite a gift you have, I wish I had it, but its not something you can put on your resume!

Gen

Yep wouldn't put it on the resume. But have left doubt behind in knowing that they are friends and speak to me. weird I guess for our social norms but I hear not so much in times past.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the mushroom man and the potential healing he can bring. A teacher for sure and one that takes many years to get to know well.

blown away.

Many times while out for a stroll and not even hunting I would be brought up short and stopped, seemingly without reason.

Invariably, when I looked down there were shrooms right at my feet.

This has happened far too many times to be mere coincidence.

I am a firm beliver in the concept of autopilot.