The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devance

Lesbian Organiztions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7376919.stm

'Campaigners on the Greek island of Lesbos are to go to court in an attempt to stop a gay rights organisation from using the term "lesbian".

The islanders say that if they are successful they may then start to fight the word lesbian internationally. '

'he term lesbian originated from the poet Sappho, who was a native of Lesbos.

Sappho expressed her love of other women in poetry written during the 7th Century BC.

But according to Mr Lambrou, new historical research has discovered that Sappho had a family, and committed suicide for the love of '

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A puzzling legal question.

Hmmmm so 'Sapphos' is out of the question as well.....It all seems to be about names and regions in Europe at the moment, Chamaign, Port , Burgundy, Parma , Lesbos.

hmmm, I wonder when some cushion company will claim the word 'poof' :rolleyes:

Mind you, I wouldn't complain if the city of Hamburg was to sue McDonalds for trademark infringement.

It seems a bit silly really. I mean, I can understand people protecting their livelihoods and brandnames such as champagne, burgundy and tilsit, but it seems a bit silly when the name isn't even connected to anything. Like Hamburgers don't really have any connection to hamburgers, Lesbians also have no real connection to Lesbos. Anyway, if it wasn't for lesbians no one would even know where lesbos was.

Anyway, if it wasn't for lesbians no one would even know where lesbos was.

Except for the Lesbians :P