The Corroboree
kadakuda

Lophophora Hybrids

With self fertile species you can always remove the anthers of a developing flower to prevent selfing and then you can cross pollinate.

thats what i normally do too :) but first time around i am trying to get them to self, see if its possible. both fricii and koehresii are self sterile, so i am guessing the babies would be the same, but who knows ??

I wonder what the legality of loph hybrids is?

Lophophora williamsii is illegal here.

seen as koehresii and fricii are considered separate species by some (myself too) probably not. but the gov may take the williamsii/diffusa taxonomy in which case it seems most people place both these with diffusa...so probably alright...? but with legal matters i wouldnt bet a dime on anything

next set of blooms will be tried back to fricii to see how that goes :)

the one lone L. fricii x L. williamsii plant i got grafted is still only 3 mm....very week cross that was :(

• Like 1

Dude very, very nice!

I remember when I saw the first grafted seedlings of this hybrid over a year ago!

Edited by Teotz'

Hi all,

I know this is an old post but I would like to see how things are going. I have read Kadakuda's papers and this year got the chance to try crossing my fricii and Koehresii both ways. I did this about 3 months ago (will add dates and photos in next few days) and it's seems I have had the opposite result, the fricii excepted to pollen from the koehresii and set a fruit with seeds :o, the koehresii has not produced any fruits. Have others had any luck with fricii excepting koehresii pollen?

Cheers

Jox

• Like 2