The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

My Book- "Entheogens, Psychoactives and other Ethnobotanicals"

There is no doubt in my mind as to the authenticity. Many of these pieces either are or have been exhibited in museums. The seller is a retired museum curator and recognized authority on Mayan art and culture who has lectured over many years on various aspects of these topics.

The pieces come with paperwork detailing when, by whom, and where they were collected, as well as information documenting the cultural period and use.

I am going to visit him in a few weeks, and hope to pick his brain for information regarding ritual water lily use by the Maya.

Let me say this one more time.

I am in no way shape or form any part of any kind of news team or reporter.

I am a guy who likes ethnobotanicals, nothing more.

No....ethnobotanicals and entheogens.

Am I spelling it right?

Am I spelling it right?

yes

Thanks. I thought I was.

Ethnobotanicals are plants which people use.

Entheogens are roughly "Plants which genrate God from within".

Never heard of an "Entheo-botanical".

I found this comment really interesting, thank you for the correction.

Not really, Nymphaeaceae is a basal angiosperm whereas Nelumbonaceae is in order clade eudicot, order proteales.

Nelumbonaceae therefore has more in common with our Papaveraceae then with Nymphaea, hence the similar alkaloid chemistry. They are literally miles apart. This is according to APGII which is probably the most accepted system of plant taxonomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APG_II_system

Always thought it was funny when people said Nymphaeaceae and Nelumbonaceae were related hence the same alkaloids, isoquinoline alkaloids dont seem to make an appearance untill further down the evolutionary line. Nymphaeceae contains the more prehistoric quinolizidine alkaloids.

Yes I know same old story, teo dont believe in aporphine alkaloids from Nymphaea:D

Teotz I have to say I agree that books or guides generally arnt written by newbies, but I will encourage you to continue with the book as you will learn alot and you never know when you may unearth somthing which the wider community doesnt know yet. My only suggestion is atleast do most of the book yourself before posting it so that people can see you have put alot of work into it.

Edited by Teotz'

i close both of your threads, because although most of us feel uneasy with your project, we gave you a fair go...

this forum provided you with a platform to discuss your ideas, but instead of taking, some of our vibes into consideration (which basicly said, we don't want to participate) you just repeated yourselve and open another thread for the very same reason. most of us have a very specific way of doing things, and the base of this knowledge, is at least for me very personal, and although i share my knowledge all the time, i don't think it's a good idea to become part of a wiki style book, which you called "my book".

if an experienced person/shaman would promote the same idea for example, i would know that all the info given would be in good good hands, but handing this info to a beginner doesn't make sence to me.

good luck with your project!