The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

best time to plant holyhocks, fox gloves, 4 oclock and evening primrose?

just wondering about the best seasons to plant these. I would have thought early spring for most....but I have noticed alot of foxgloves coming up in my garden in the last month.. and also a couple of E primrose. Do any of u have some advice about the best time of your to plant the seeds mentioned in title? thanks

Climate change has messed up the normal cycle of a lot of plants, I've noticed this year.

I would still plant a couple of weeks before Spring (or right on the Spring dot if it's too cold where you are).

Moved to Ethno.

just wondering about the best seasons to plant these. I would have thought early spring for most....but I have noticed alot of foxgloves coming up in my garden in the last month.. and also a couple of E primrose. Do any of u have some advice about the best time of your to plant the seeds mentioned in title? thanks

The weather has stuffed up a lot of plants but i'd sow the hollyhock now so it has time to develop and flower this spring. If you wait till before spring it mightn't flower that year. The official period according to my seed packet is also "Late summer to Early winter".

It'll be interesting to see how my orchids flower this year, whether they're getting enough of a hot/cold swing in autumn to initiate flower spikes.