The Corroboree
inpsyght

subs and grass sp?

Yep I know what you're talking and I'm pretty certain it is a Poa. Maybe Poa labillardieri. Subs seem to love it though, especially when its abit dry it'll hold some moisture under it where you'll often find a hidden clump of shrooms. B)

Ive seen it abit where the subs will be growing purely off the the dead plant material too.

poa.bmp

poa.bmp

poa.bmp

sweet! thanks heaps for that. :)

it would be a poa then, i know that they re-veg with a few types, most likely to be lab - haven't seen them in flower

the pic you posted looks pretty much spot on.

would definitely be good to include a couple of them in a woodlover cultivation attempt

the wood lovers in the pacific northwest of america grow in beach grass almost in a symbiotic relationship they thrive off the dead old hay making room for new growth in fact the grass feilds are the best hunting grounds and i`ve lived here thirty years they are so prolific just picking them wild the`ll start growing in your garden mulch

I think there are a few different ones that they hang around. I think it's more because of moisture retention than anything. There are certainly some with wider leaves than the pic that shroomeup posted. Google lomandra.

Edited by ballzac

I think there are a few different ones that they hang around. I think it's more because of moisture retention than anything. There are certainly some with wider leaves than the pic that shroomeup posted. Google lomandra.

amoniaphila maritima or some greek like that azures prefer europeon beach grass a weed we importated to secure the sands but it has takin over native coastal grass range azures now wander our coast at will libbys perfering worm casting and no worms cast more then red wiggelers imported from euro some where in fact that was where frank herbert got his idea for dune why pasture land for libbys well red wigglers love manure and shade