The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SirLSD

prefered soil for kratom? other tips?

what kind of soil should i plant my kratom in. got any other hints or tips?

rich, organic, well draining. like rainforest soil. pot size will determine growthrate and size.

is there a problem when plant in sandy soil ?

do the sea salt a problem ? (in the air, in the soil ? )

Originally posted by VIN'S:

is there a problem when plant in sandy soil ?

no, but never let it dry out.

do the sea salt a problem ? (in the air, in the soil ? )

It probably doesn't like salt.

humm ...

i can't change the location of the garden and he is near a sea canal. (10m near)

so since i have often this problem of salt with a lot of plant, i have to find anti-salt-dammage tips.

any idea ?

since it is not only about mitragyna, i am maybe out of topic ? could start a new one if needed.

:P

Most importantly, protect it from salt-laden breeze( try to have the house or a windbreak between the water and the plant. Use water that is low in salt. If your growing in the ground( probably not the best idea) then it might be worth growing some salt-storing plants like saltbush next to it.

If you keep it in a pot then if it is obviously being burnt by salt you could give it to a friend to look after.

Good luck! :)

Tryptameanie:

. If your growing in the ground( probably not the best idea) then it might be worth growing some salt-storing plants like saltbush next to it.

:)  

the size of the plant depend of the size of his roots, if i want to see one day an harvestable tree, i think it is a best idea to use ground instead of pot.(i will surely be more difficult, you're right)

have you got latin name for this plant who store the salt ?

thanks again for the advice

sirLSD additional postage fee hasnt arrived yet,grrr. you basicly got that plant for free, grrr.

Sorry, cant remember the latin for saltbush, but there are quite a few plants that do this, try asking at a nursery. If you're planting into sandy ground , dig in as much organic matter as possible( compost, animal shit,leaf mold etc). Make sure you keep the water up to it- rainforests are always wet.

Oh, and watering the foliage regularly to remove salt buildup may be worthwhile. Dont do it in full direct sunlight, wait till the afternoon or do it in the shade.

Sorry, cant remember the latin for saltbush

There are many diverse species around the world known as 'saltbush'. The Australian saltbush group is called Atriplex. The species Atriplex nummularia is commonly known as 'Old Man Saltbush'. It thrives in desert-like and/or salty ground.

It is an unusual and interesting looking plant, and together with its hardiness and usefulness as an alternate proteinaceous stockfeed, it is going to play a part in Australia's fight against salinity.

I've got seeds and small plants of A. nummularia right now, if anyone wants to have a look.

sorry man, been busy. its on my to do list. i definately will get it to you. ill post tomorrow if i remember.

thanks.