The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ethnodude

Cannabis review urges crackdown (WA)

Dont get me started on this one :)

Although now that I'm almost "THC Free" the Blue Lotus is at least 10 x stronger ;)

Dont get me started on this one :)

Although now that I'm almost "THC Free" the Blue Lotus is at least 10 x stronger ;)

what do u mean?? do u have good results from the blue lotus? how do u prepare?

I always got fairly good results from the lotus even when I was using Cannabis but since I have stopped my Cannabis intake (My urinalist test results for THC started at around 1140ug & are now at 95ug). I always used to use the extract from SAB but now I am using just the dried flowers mixed with Dr Pat rolling tobacco (20/80 mix, more lotus) in joints and am getting better results than with the extract!

10 x dried flowers makes me 7 or 8 joints & 2-3 joints with a few beers is just perfect I reckon ;)

I had been using really strong Cannabis for 14 odd years though (many strains I used tested over 27% THC & a few strains were around 32+%) so not for lightwieghts! I think after using strong Cannabis for so long that you just do not really realize just how strong of a drug the old Mary Jane really is! In alot of cases I think I was so high with THC that no other Ethno herbs & plants had a chance to work except the ones that BLAST you into out of space.....lol

hey cis,

to take this topic off track.

glad to hear you had good results with the lotus. be careful what you say though as if too much is said no doubt it will become scheduled. i'm surprised it's not already scheduled given its medicinal effects.

at the risk of being hounded off this forum the extract i ordered from sab a while ago i found it weak at best. another respected member from the forum found the same. not sure what the deal was with it but mine smelt and looked exactly like coffee. if i didnt know it was blue lotus extract i would have thought it was coffee. i felt it sure didn't do blue lotus the justice it deserves.

on the other hand i recently ordered some extract from herbalistics and it was phenomenal. it smelt like the smell you know if you ever drink the wine. i couldn't explain it.

i know i'm probably going to get attacked for making this post but am simply putting down my personal expirience with 2 similar products. if you don't believe me try both and see for yourself.

Gggrr. Damn tor. Logs me out all the time. I am not typing that post again. sorry.

Edited by Mr Spock

thoughts?

Well, all that has been said (from what I understand) is that they basically want more kiddies getting caught with pot to go and learn some stuff about what they are keen to ingest (as well as reducing the maximum amounts for infringement notices and home-grown plant numbers, yadda yadda yadda). I agree there should be a bit of education involved, especially as a way of avoiding a nasty fine, because it will help people understand what they are actually smoking (provided they dont feed them B.S...). A lot of people (mostly newbs and youngin's) dont know much about the stuff (in the same way they dont really understand alcohol or tobacco, aside from the fact that it is socially acceptable and encouraged in most places). A little factual (emphasis on FACT) information and education would be good, at least the kids getting busted (and no doubt plenty of older people, but they usually know how to avoid consequences - like by not leaving a dirty old bong sitting on the coffee table) would be able to then decide if they are happy to keep smoking, cut down, give up or move onto something else (for better or worse, obviously will depend on how efficient this 'education' is).

As for reducing the no. of personal plants (non-hydro at that), well I think that is a bit stupid... I say stick the limit at about 10 (incurring only an infringement notice and maybe a fine over 5 plants) and after that there can be harsher penalties (high fines, education, possibly more). Only dealers would want more than 10 anyway (unless you are a seriously keen smoker), but a crafty dealer could make a few $ off 5 well maintained plants, so its hard to know where to draw the line.

As much as I'd love to see cannabis completely decriminalised so everyone who wished to grow/smoke/eat/vaporise/whatever their own, we know that poorly grown hydro (and even organic/soil based) can be (and is) quite bad for the body in the long term. A long term (daily) smoker is quite easy to pick when talking to them, due to the fact that the regular headfuck ruins their thought processing, leaving them sounding just a tad slow (and often laughing at very odd things). It is sad to see, but the same thing goes with alcohol, so unless they plan on putting limits on grog (extremely unlikely), then I suppose they really shouldnt be putting them on cannabis. After all, it seems just a little contradictory, doesnt it?

Hmm, while on the topic, does anyone know what the current legislation says about growing/possession in Canberra and NSW (interested to see the comparison to WA and the other states)? Is there a website or something that shows all states legislation or anything? All this sort of info is incredibly hard to find online and in general (IME) - it'd be good to have a quick link or something pinned in ethnobotany.

Edit: Any idea if Labor will change the drug/plants/substances laws in Aus? Has anyone seen/heard any info in this regard?

Edited by Ace