The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

i know there have been discussion here b4, but.....

I have had excellent strike rate with the red var. 80%+

Cut sections of about 4 -6 leaves below the growing tip.

Using sterilised sharp blade cut on a diagonal from above one node leaving the other side of the node intact with large surface area for hormone.

Place immediately in warm water.

Dip in rooting hormone. I use clonex purple.

Place in cutting and seedling mix and water in carefully.

This works with all sorts of plants.

Psychotria Carth,

Caapi,

khat to name three

One of the most important things to remember is that they are extreemly delicate, I had 3 that had taken root but they were blown off my window. Once they had been disturbed that was the end of them no amount of care could bring them back.

I know Im off the topic of khat but I have recently had good success with caapi cuttings, using the water tek after around 2 weeks time, cloning gel made things a bit faster.

Just taking them with 2 nodes, (one at the top and one at the bottom) at around 1/2 pencile thickness, although I also had success with thiner sections but they had to be tips.

I know Im off the topic of khat but I have recently had good success with caapi cuttings, using the water tek after around 2 weeks time, cloning gel made things a bit faster.

Just taking them with 2 nodes, (one at the top and one at the bottom) at around 1/2 pencile thickness, although I also had success with thiner sections but they had to be tips.

re: khat, they seem to strike strongly if you keep them nice and humid in addition to warm

in fact, i remember striking at 80%+ even when nighttime temps fell under 10 deg C. With warmer temps the strike rate was even higher.

Sphagnum seems to work well with em too..