The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkster

Large Unfinished Painting

I couldn't decide which of my paintings to share, as I tend to paint some vastly different things and no single painting really represents a style or subject I normally do.

This is a painting I started about 2 years ago but like most of my paintings... never got round to finishing it though im relatively close, normally I get an idea and jump into it at the expense of finishing what im currently working on!!

post-3895-1192619329_thumb.jpg

Dont get much time to paint now with work and study unfortunately :(

Dude that wicked, keep us posted on with the rest!

I can relate to the work/study/time dilemma,

what medium and size is it?

Very cool artwork Sparkster. What more did you want to do to that piece to consider it finished?

yo!

Medium is oil (i only really work with oil paint) and is 1m x 1.5m (approx anyway!)

As I use a painting method called layering, there are certain sections that havn't had all there layers applied, or Im just plain not satisfied with it. Finally becoming satisfied is the hardest part, as it tends to takes a loong time of tinkering before i'm happy with it.

I've started to apply some gold-leaf around the ring of the moon but have had issues with it, I wanted it to be similar to preraphealists / byzantium iconic art.

The style is too realistic to immitate traditional iconic art. Although the gold-leaf may still add great effect.

I've been considering working with pearlescent paints or some kind of glossy/shimmering paints that would hopefully reflect at different angles. I've seen some kind of art-deco referenceing the art-noveu(sp?) movement that had some kind of 2 layer shimmer going on that would have two gold surfaces of alternating reflectiveness so that the line difference was always seen although the colour was identical - totally unrelated but i think painting materials are a fascinating area to experiment with. The Mische technique seems like the shit to crank with oil paints, to maximise the 'holographic' alex grey/venosa effect, I hope that's what you mean by layering, I'm yet to see such a painting in the flesh but I hear the sense of depth is much better than in photos.

Nice painting, I like the idea of random nudes exposed in a harsh landscape free to observe others whilst also being vulnerable in their nakedness, I can't help but be reminded of ecstacy where one seems able to telepathically connect with others (see them in their nakedness) and at the same time feel vulnerably exposed. Then giving way to euphoria when u feel that isallgood.

Also I like how every individual is an island seperated by a sea, apt symbology.

'The style is too realistic to immitate traditional iconic art'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the presented vulnerability and loneness.

But iconic art has a circular planar halo.

For good reasons.

A representation with 2D for 3,4,5,6 Dimensionals.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The depicted halo looks more like frightening lightning striking from a 3d persperctive.

And a unpleasant experince.

But I give 100 percent, for art.

looks fantastic mate. Good work, post more!

very nice but not as good as my one im afraid. this is what boredom will do to you.

neva painted b4 in my life, neither has my 3 yr old. its a work in progress.!!

its very gay.

post-781-1193437463_thumb.jpg

mini_painting_002.jpg

mini_painting_002.jpg

thankyou for recognising my unbridled artistic ability sparkster, feel free to use any of my concept or design in finishing ur artwork. although u may find it hard, as obviously my work is a bit more advanced, all i can really say is to stay with it.

peace,

-jono