The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkster

Display Pics

how do I get a display pic for my posts?

my image is no larger than 150 x 150 and under 100kb.

What more can one do !?!?! :BANGHEAD2:

how do I get a display pic for my posts?

my image is no larger than 150 x 150 and under 100kb.

What more can one do !?!?! :BANGHEAD2:

Am I missing something??...you mean an avatar? they supposed to be 90x90 and 100kb and also have to be gif,jpg,jpeg,png format specific. :blink:

Click 'my controls', click 'edit avatar settings' on the left, use the upload feature after reading the size requirement.

Your avatar must be no bigger than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png

If the pic is over 90 x 90 make a backup copy, right click the pic, click edit, hit ctrl W, reduce size equally in both dimensions to make it smaller. (This can also be done with the 1.3 MB pics that come off your cameras folks :P )

sweet.. it appears the automated resizing now also reduces image data size too.. must have been in one of the last 3 upgrades, autoresized images used to still be the same number of KB (or MB >.

My description of manual resizing can still be used for attached photos in posts tho :wink:

Edited by Auxin

yep, it's now noob proof :lol:

Noob proof indeed, considering I was too dumb to even find where I could upload the picture!! :scratchhead:

(i got the display picture mixed with the avatar picture. doh!)

all sorted now :) Thank you everyone...

(now that i've found out how to do it I'll probably spend the next few weeks changing it until something fits me just right, it's like finding a nice pair of underwear...if you still dont feel comfortable with them after a few days you to return them from whence they came)