The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

Tea (camellia sinensis) wanted, dead or alive!

hay guise! im looking to buy a tea bush for my "gf" for christmas, for i feel it would be very appropriate. point is i can;t find any, so if anyone has one that can be mailed i would like to buy it, but i have nothing to trade. or if they know of a site i can buy one i would be grateful if the information was shared, as an hour of googling has been unsuccessful. thanks.

dude, thanks! i suppose i should have thought of that huh.... but it didn't come up from searching! oh well. cheers.

Have ordered from these guys before, excellent healthy plants, didn't need all so swapsied the rest :lol: . Should find out about the viability of the seeds in around 4 weeks, (hopefully less! :lol: ). Couple of other members trying these out too.

I was looking for some tea a few weeks ago and came up with

www.camelliasrus.com.au

They'll either sell direct to you, or tell you of a nursery in your area that they stock.

Chris.

This may be quite irrelevant, but I have taken cuttings from the Nerada and the Nucifora tea plantations in FNQ on several occasions and they have NEVER taken!!!!!!!!!!!! :BANGHEAD2:

(some kind of Karma perhaps? but COME ON! a couple of twigs taken from a 10+ acre plantation? I hardly call that stealing....)

The closest I ever got was one single cutting from a batch of about 20 or so that stayed green and kept it's leaves for about 3 months...... then it died....

I guess the point of my story is, get seeds or already rooted plants!!!!

Anyway, good luck...

This may be quite irrelevant, but I have taken cuttings from the Nerada and the Nucifora tea plantations in FNQ on several occasions and they have NEVER taken!!!!!!!!!!!! :BANGHEAD2:

(some kind of Karma perhaps? but COME ON! a couple of twigs taken from a 10+ acre plantation? I hardly call that stealing....)

The closest I ever got was one single cutting from a batch of about 20 or so that stayed green and kept it's leaves for about 3 months...... then it died....

I guess the point of my story is, get seeds or already rooted plants!!!!

Anyway, good luck...

man i love that printat the bottom of ur post... i really need some art like that to jizz up my apartment. where can i get stuff like that that i can hang on my wall? really really cool. BTW i would revise yr cutting taking methods, its not that hard. alwayskeep ur cuts moist until u have them in ur CSS. the vasc bundles are like straws, and if they suck up enough O2 ur cuts are basically screwed.

http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_cat...mellia_sinensis

"Tropical Boonies"

47770 Bermont Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33982

My favorite drink.

But cutting might be expensive..

But for a seed try. why not.

[soak seed in warm water for 24 hours before sowing, and then remove the outer casing. It usually germinates in 1 - 3 months at 23°c (71-75F).]

Reminds me other other seed advice.