The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ethnodude

New Perth Entheo store promotion sale

hi all perthelites,

not sure if this is allowed here however its probably in s-a's interest. if it is spam i apologize. i just wanted to give a heads up about a new herbal store at the malaga markets.

i know the owner and they are running a promotion of 20% off rrp on all stock for the first month. they don't have much stock yet but will be getting more in the coming weeks if there is enough interest. they will be getting a number of items from s-a to stock the store. hence the reason i feel its in s-a's interest to allow this post. the more interest the more orders from s-a.

anyhow if anyone is interested in getting some herbal products over the next month i recommend you check it out. they will even order in stock if you have anything particular in mind.

please feel free to delete this post if its out of line.

thankyou.

Edited by ethnodude

we don't mind other traders advertising here. the more the merrier :lol:

Good luck with the new venture. You should really get in touch with Ray @ Happy High Herbs for products too as he has a lot more of the 'wider appeal' type products. It's great to stock plain herbs and some smoking mixes, but you might struggle to stay afloat if you don't have the 'ready consumables' - especially in perth.

just so pepe's know the store will be open sat and sun from 10-4.

they are still getting their shit together so it may take a while for things to settle down and in order.

I would love to come and check it out, but malaga...? It's pretty unlikely that I'll make it up there any time soon.

Good luck with it :).

uberiffic wasnt there a stall there before? good luck

Excellent, i think i might have to come up and take a look. :)

i think the tribal earth stall used to be there but moved to fremantle a year or so ago

same one that was at earthdance i think YoWie?

Edited by lampy

hi all,

thanks for the interest,

the story goes like this.

the people running the store went to the markets to inquire about the possibility of running a shop in a couple of years, as there is a long waiting list. the manager told them they would be waiting a long time to get one due to the popularity of the markets. she asked what they were going to stock and they explained it would be a herbal shop. she asked if it was like tribal earth and they told her it would be. the manager said that they were very lucky as someone who had shown interest in a small lot didn't turn up the previous week. the position was offered to them but they needed to decide quickly on whether they wanted it due to the popularity of the market. they decided to give it a go to see if they could turn it into an profitable business. sometimes you just need to jump in the deep end of the ocean of chaos. they are friends with ray and he helped them to get stock on the shelf for this weekend. the first month they will assess the market and try to spread word, hence the promotion sale. if the second month proves to be profitable then the store will stay a float and hopefully expand product range.

the people from tribal earth have moved to freo as they live out that way. they seem to have done a great job at malaga as people keep asking for them. perhaps people who used to be supplied by tribal will be interested in the new store. it seems they did good business there as they were there for years.

i guess a stall would be more accurate then a store. however if it expands it will become a store.

as for a name that is still undecided. for now it will be happy high herbs as i'm sure ray wouldn't mind. the possibility of running a stall only came less then 1 weeks ago. it had always been planned for 1-2 years into the future. i would say give it a month and things should be looking good. just a matter of selling a few things to get the ball rolling and word getting out. the owners are passionate about changing people's perception of the world through the use of plant's and herbs. they are also looking forward to meeting an otherwise none existent bunch of friends that this fine city has to offer. its time to bring the power back to the people.

free the knowledge, share the plant, find the spirit, create the vision, heal the heart.

Edited by ethnodude

do u know if they will have plants for sale or just dried packets of things?

yowie im sorry to inform u but thomas the tank engine is a pedophile. would you consider changing your avatar?

the language they use is really suss.

"you're a galloping sausage"?!

there is at least one case where thomas-language was used to make abuse sound like innocent games "excavating the tunnel" and such

Edited by flora

thomas the tank couldnt possibly have sex with a child are u an idiot? have u ever tried to be intimate with a train you would be killed trains are heavy and arent even equipped with genitalia

i recon it be great if the stall could maybe sell plants etc on consignment or something i dunno just an idea??

hi all,

well the owners have come up with a name for the stall. they are now known as:

"The Divine Psyche"

their motto is:

"Providing holistic natural alternatives to the chemical generation"

as for providing plants this will be the focus of the store more so then herbs. ideally they would like to empower people to empower themselves. ultimately the best way to do so is to provide plants, seeds and information on how to grow them. if you give a man (or a woman) a herb he (she) will be divine for an evening, but if you teach him (her) to grow plants he (she) will be divine for eternity. dried herbs are a good way to give people a thirst for growing themselves.

i would expect to see plants at the stall within coming weeks. ;)

Edited by ethnodude

hi all,

due to unforeseen circumstances the shop will now be closed at around 3 sat and sun. if there is demand it will stay open for longer but at this stage its simply not viable.

so far only a few sales have been made in 2 weeks. if you want to see these guys stay around i suggest you get out there and support them. to date most sales have been to friends and family. while they're not in it for the money they do need to make enough to pay the rent.

hopefully sales will pick up when word gets around. i for one would like to see a store selling ethnogens. not sure if any in perth do.

Edited by ethnodude

Hi Ethnodude, I am in Perth and would love to come and checkout your wares, what is the address of your store? Are you open for business during weekdays?

well its not my stall its a friends and its a small booth at the malaga markets. you will be able to find it if you go for a small walk around. not to hard to find.

the dilemma is that they don't wan't to order in to much stock if there isn't enough demand for it. last thing they want is a heap of stock just sitting in a stall for which they are forking out rent every week (not to mention paying staff). if its a flop they will be left with a heap of stock and nothing to do with it as well as a rental bill. on the other hand they want to have enough stock for people to be interested. the way they are playing it atm is they are purchasing stock that they should be able to use if the stall closes anyhow. if there are enough sales created with this stock then they will look into a greater range of products. its difficult for them to grasp what the market demands without the customers.

the owners will be working with happy high herbs in a couple weeks at an up and coming event. hopefully they can create a bit of publicity then.

the owners are just starting out in the game so this is all a whole learning curve. if it doesn't work out it was still worth the expirience for them. like i said this was not planned for at least a couple more years but they are willing to give it a go now.

Much good luck and prosperity to your friends new venture. I hope it works out well.

I understand it'd be very difficult to find the small market that is the entheogenic community just in Perth. If they had the resources, their best bet for a successful shop would be to set up an online shop similar to SAB (without stealing all of Torstens customers :P). This way they can still do a stall type setup at a local market while selling gear to the rest of Oz at the same time online. I know I'd love to check out their wares, but I wont be able to unless they can get online (or if I wake up in Perth after a big night).

I know that would be a pretty pricey venture and would require a lot of planning and whatnot, but if they were keen to get into entheo market, it'd be the way to go :)

Best of luck with it all!

maybe a mister whippy like approach a musical magical rainbow van that does bog laps of the suburbs and we can eat the wares of the van and follow it about singing and dancing until all of perth follow this van down to the beach and party in the nude until the effects wear off tho if the van can remain well stocked this may never need to happen nude dance party until we die? just an idea

maybe a mister whippy like approach a musical magical rainbow van that does bog laps of the suburbs and we can eat the wares of the van and follow it about singing and dancing until all of perth follow this van down to the beach and party in the nude until the effects wear off tho if the van can remain well stocked this may never need to happen nude dance party until we die? just an idea

you know that actually sounds crazy enough that it could actually work. i always wanted to run rock shows around perth for local artists. i always liked the idea of doofs but could never really get into the music at the events. i guess i'm a dead head from way back.

thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.

as for the online vendor suggestion they intend to sell a number of products through swapnsell as it is an ideal vehicle to start off with.

thanks again. you guys are a great help.

You and your nudizm obssesion, LOL.. you know I bet you will get your nude beach party going some day my man, its just a matter of time :) hehe. but you didnt mention the mud? B)

just so everyone knows the markets are located at the corner of beach road and alexander drive in malaga. a short walk around the markets will find the store.

the best time to come in is around noon as they are surely to be open then. atm there's a lot going on which makes running the stall some what difficult to organize. things should be right in a couple of weeks so a more concrete open time will be made. until then things will be a little hectic. things are coming together though.