The Corroboree
foolsbreath

WHO"S GOING TO EGA?

ok so im a last minute kinda guy but it's about time i get my self sorted out! better book flights first of all...

unfortunately wont be bringing any plants on the plane so i'll have no trading currency :(

couple of Qs if i may:

does anyone think taking kava with me on the plane would give them a good excuse to touch my bottom? not that i'd mind but i'll prob turn up late. what's the go with taking herbs, do they need to be in sealed and labeled bags?

this is the bus info from the site, is the date an error, meant to be fri 30th? or are people getting there thurs?

From Melbourne to Mansfield 29 of November

Bus 1: Departs Southern Cross Station 8:30 am

Arrives in Mansfield 11:35am

Bus 2: Departs Departs Southern Cross Station 6:pm

Arrives in Mansfield 9:00 pm

and El Dude, if my hobo ass can somehow manage to make it down for EGA i'm sure you're hobo ass can! :P

aww duder!

i got my ticket in advance to FORCE myself to go LOL. cant waste the $$ on the ticket.

what happened brother? thought you had a ride linded up?

Ajna- Replied to pm :)

Jsut booked my tix then :P getting there 2pm ish at avalon on friday and leaving sometime monday. I am going to bite the bullet and get a hire car. if anyone wants a lift in my hire car and can chuck some money at me then theres still at least 2 spaces

EGA WOOOOOOOOOOOT

jsut getting excited now ive committed to a plane ticket :) :) :shroomer:

Just signed up to sab, not sure what is all about but think i might just have to go to this EGA thing :devil:

haha, sleeping with CS right now, in his house and he is so hot right now :lol: he tells me he is going balled, and 26 and still hot :wink:

So the question has finally become, WHO'S NOT GOING TO EGA?

*excited!*

Edited by apothecary

WHO'S NOT GOING TO EGA?

ME. :D

i know dc isnt either

TIME FOR THA 300

wooooooo 300

I'm not going either, though I might go get Dennis to sign my Invisible Landscapes at Polyester. He is also giving the same talk in Melb, but tickets ($20, much cheaper than EGA :blink: ) are already sold out :(

Edited by FungalFractoids

I'm not going either, though I might go get Dennis to sign my Invisible Landscapes at Polyester. He is also giving the same talk in Melb, but tickets ($20, much cheaper than EGA :blink: ) are already sold out :(

I'm still going, I'm gonna get Dennis to sign my boob cuz I don't have his books.

Pack for the elements

Thursday Possible thunderstorm. Min 18 Max 29

Friday Late thunderstorm. Min 18 Max 32

Saturday Few showers. Min 16 Max 27

Sunday Possible afternoon shower. Min 14 Max 30

:devil:

Woot rain! :) plastic poncho party

:rolleyes: Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie. Always with the negative vibes... :P

Im so lookin' forward to this gig! Ive gone from counting the days to counting the hours.

Safe travels everyone.

:worship: EGA crew :worship:

:rolleyes: Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie. Always with the negative vibes... :P

Im so lookin' forward to this gig! Ive gone from counting the days to counting the hours.

Safe travels everyone.

:worship: EGA crew :worship:

hahaha

Just letting you know as it is an outdoor gathering, we are under a shade structure, that is not 100% water proof, storms out there should be stunning and brief. Will look amazing at night and still be stinking hot

:lol:

wooo... thunderstorms. EGA just keeps getting better - what next?!?

I grew up on the other side of the range from Mansfield, stunning country with powerful, powerful spirits. Have fun people.

OK THIS SUCKS

at this point in time it looks like i will not be making it down to EGA. the more organised i get the more i realise how much will need to be invested in the trip and i simply dont have that kind of money.

i should have started hocking all my stuff months ago, i know, i just thought if i got the ticket everything else will fall in place lol unfortunately the 600 odd i needed for the trip is needed for more mundane expenses now, but hey that's life aint it, at least i wont come back home to debt and poverty! ;)

so....this means there's another EGA TICKET FOR SALE! :lol:

considering there's a few already available to those with cash, i'll offer this one up to trade offers for those who are also 'financially impaired' heh. please PM any offers

of course i will accept cash also, i paid $100, will express post for free the day of purchase.

in the end i'm not too worried if it doesn't sell, just as long as no one is missing out on one. i'm happy to have made a donation to this event considering i will not be showing my support in attendance anymore.

well i hope you all have a great time, have been looking forward to this since last year and especially to catch up with all you fine folk. next time ey?

love and support to the whole crew, thanks guys

ajna

Edited by ajna

at least i wont come back home to debt and poverty! ;)

hehe i will, but only take a few weeks or so to get back on feet and thats without work (lucky i have no children yet)

its a bummer so many have to drop out... tho personally im used to a bit of debt and poverty, but its a small price to pay for what ill get out of attending. i consider it a spiritual pillgrimage lol

i look forward it and feel this sees fitting as i look out of the window and dream....

Now I have come again

To the land of the fair, and the strong, and the wise

Brothers and sisters of the pale forest

O Children of Night

Who among you will run with the hunt?

Now Night arrives with her purple legion

Retire now to your tents and to your dreams

Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth

I want to be ready'

Edited by Amulte

Saturday night!!! Picnic dinner!!! Bring your own rug where possible!!

Accommodation: There are still 5 cabin beds available for $60 for 3 nights. Please email Bec via ohsotrashed[@]hotmail.com - first in best dressed.

Food: Hey guys just a quick note about the food. ‘Lentil’ is only allowed to cook 250 meals at once – due to water restrictions and Shire regulations [don’t know full details] - and we are expecting 320 people on site, so you may need to think about bringing your own food and cooking some meals or getting food in town sometimes. This news has only just come through now via the local shire, so sorry for late notice.

Water: Please bring as much of your own water as possible. It will be very hot!

Tickets: Please stop emailing me about tickets. We are too busy and can’t help at this late stage. If you have tickets to sell, or would like to buy a ticket, please make contact via the various ethnobotany and trance forums and organize this yourselves.

Apart from that everything is looking stunning, weather is fining up again for the weekend and Dennis arrived save and well.

This energy is converging and it is going to be a gathering beyond words!!!

:lol:

its a bummer so many have to drop out... tho personally im used to a bit of debt and poverty, but its a small price to pay for what ill get out of attending. i consider it a spiritual pillgrimage lol

hehe yeah dont get me wrong im not adverse to a bit of D&P, that was more optimism than justification for not going. a number of obstacles have popped up and although there's a chance i'll pull through, i gotta be realistic and at this point it doesn't look good :(

it was to be a pilgrimage for me also, i'm seriously disappointed i'll miss out on this experience, but sometimes things just dont work out as planned and u gotta embrace whatever the path brings and take from it what u can. i know you guys will have an amazing time, i'll be thinking of ya

Ah so many travels, this adventure just keeps getting better and better :)

Got back from Cairns on the 25th, Sydney the 26th, Blue Mountains 27th, Sydney to Melbourne this morning and Ive just booked my bus this evening to Mansfield :)

No wet weather gear, no tent(darn good sleeping back though) and really looking forward to it.

I actually bumped into someone who is going; not bad turning up to a pub in Newtown in Sydney, when I live 100km+ from there and having Fate smile and say 'Oh since you're going alone, I'll introduce you to someone before you get there' :D

yeah i am not sure if i should carry my tent with me its a large one so will take up space but i have been thinign about that post by telemetric a while back where there was a pdf of no sew tents i might go that option but not sure.

i also thought i woudl make a bush hut.

whats other people doing when it comes to sleeping.?

i also thought my hammock coudl be a good place to kip, ronny are there plenty of trees in the camp area?

yeah i am not sure if i should carry my tent with me its a large one so will take up space but i have been thinign about that post by telemetric a while back where there was a pdf of no sew tents i might go that option but not sure.

Initially i was going to go the tent route as well but realised it's far to big and inconvenient to bring down from sydney with me. So luckily managed to grab a bed in the dorm, last minute. Thanks Ronny!

Cant beleive it's finally here, flying out tomorrow morning. :)

Sure i'll see a few of you lurking around polyester in the evening. :wink:

Take care and get there safe everyone, godspeed.

yeah thats the thing with tents and all that stuff they can be a pain to carry with you if you dont have that space to take them.

i really like the idea of sleeping under the stars though, close to the earth.

yeah getting close now hey.