The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

brugmansia sanguinea ?

i have seen 2 versions of this plant.

1. yellow flower with red end [as described by rev ? ] fruit the shape of a small quince,seeds not heavily compacted together as usually the case,but rattling in pod.

2. yellow flower with red stripes,typical brug fruit & seeds,slightly elongated[judging from imature deceased pod]

can anyone tell me more ?

t s t .

there are also a few variations of this and many hybrids. collect them all wink.gif

Re: t st tantra,

I'd be very interested if you can get some seeds.

Am I wrong in thinking that a rare full and deep red flowered variety exists, or am I just delirious? wink.gif

Adrian

P.S t st tantra, I sent your loph to you today.

Guest reville

I now have a yellow sanguina and a red sanguina in my yard. this winter i will be able to cross pollinate them.

I have 5 spare yellow sanguinas

I would like to see them go to good homes

(people w/ prior experience in brugs and a climate where it can go into the ground only please)

Firts up i need to confirm whether the ones i sent Torsten and Terah survived.

I have to check. they are not here right now, so it will take a couple of days.

im interested , fairly experienced[ive killed a few]and have an increasing collection i want 2 cross .

t s t .

Bugger, fungus gnats got them.

Please keep one for me that is quite established. Last time most of the roots broke off in transit. The rest were munched by gnats.

BTW, if anyone has fungus gnat problems, get gnat-em. It is a parasitic nematode that kills gnats. It works wonders. I will be posting a thread about this soon with ordering details and addresses.

Sounds like you have some sanguinea hybrids. Of course the vulcanicola hybrids also come in reds, pinks, etc. Both sanguinea and vulcanicola will hybridize with arborea. Roots from a Flava aka arbora x sanguinea hybrid can seed up offshoots. I have personally only been able to get the arborea to bloom for me as the sanguinea's don't do to well here.

so brug can u tell me what the "true" version of sanguinea looks like?the one with the stripes ?

also i dont understandthe part about 'seed up offshoots' ,typo?

t s t .