The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

Start new grafting comp?

Looking for expressions of interest for a new grafting comp starting october, will run just short of a year to make the one next year start around june. At the moment Im thinking running 2 a year will be ok.

There will be a $5 (at the moment) admission fee, funds will be split between winner and runner up for each section (maybe only winners), though on second thoughts I may scrap this idea and all you win is bragging rites. The sections are limited to only largest loph after 1 year, first to flower, this is regardless of indoor or outdoor cultivation.

If you are interested please respond with the appropriate reply.

Im unsure if I will participate at this point, Ive got bigger plans :) if the comp coincides then so be it :).

Im unsure if I will participate at this point, Ive got bigger plans :) if the comp coincides then so be it :).

id be keen, but would oct be a bad time for us southerners to begin? pls... tell us your bigger plans teo, take over the world??

Edited by XipeTotec

lol should be coming of spring, warming up perfect time really, also means you get lots of growth before winter. Lol my plans are just to sow all my seeds, which means Ill hopefully have a packed grafting setup, I want to so the seeds asap.

Sounds good to me Teo, Im keen.

Either way with the fee is fine by me, a prize would be nice but anyone who enters is already a winner.

Octobers cool.

Count me in

I'm in gents...

Hopefully my SAB williamsii seeds will arrive soon, and i can get them propogated by the time the comp starts.

One of my grafts is doing really well, a pup growing nicely, the bridgesii graft doing nicely as well (it took, so that is good), but another of them is half dead - seems one side dried up, but the other half is still going fine?!?!

Dunno. At work at the moment, get back wed, will upload some pics, see if anyone can give me some advice. I keep them in a cupboard with 2 fluros, will add a pic with the setup too.

I've got some peres coming shortly so that should help :)

Id be interested - Ill be growing under flouro's as Im in the Northern hemisphere,,,

idea:

Mabye there should be a best in show prize? - for the most awesome looking/prettiest/coolest graft... voted on by Corroboree members?

Cheers

Charliewired

nope sorry seriously no other categories untill you guys show intrest, I dont mean now but I mean by actually participating and showing there is a need for other categories. I had dozens of replies to the thread like this I started at EBA i think nearly 20 contestents. Of that only 3-4 actually went through with it. The only way I will believe peoples interest is if they actually do it :D

Count me in... Any excuse to add more cacti to the collection, especially bitter apples :drool2:

:wink: cool, missed the last one. Got given some peres by tripi but forgot to take them home when I left :(

I would love to give it a try...

Sounds good to me. :lol:

ok thats enough intrest to get me organised. Ive decided no entry cost this time (start simple and work up) winners can contact me and Ill see what prize I can find for them :) ie mystery prize depending on if Ive got anything I can give :D