The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
naja naja

Pere's pots

MmmKay

I live in such a shitty little town that I can't even source simple fucking seedling pots for my pereopskis rootstocks. In an attempt to find sum other substitution until I can find a good source of pots within my budget. I been thinking of using disposable drinking cups, but unless I use styrafoam ones which are non-disposable, the only plastic ones I can find are clear.

Do u think the rotts of the pere will be fine anywayz? I was thinking that the light prolly won't matter too much as pere is such a hardy plant.

Any thoughts or cheap pots?

Chears

Naja

If you must use cups, you can always get a spray bomb and paint the outside of the cups black - just put them all upside down and blast them flat black. Also you can use tape to block the light out...Just make sure you punch some drainage holes..

I live in a buttfuk town so I can sympathize, but Ive gotten into mail ordering stuff, you can order pots nutes - whatever you need Im sure - mabye this will work for you - I always use money orders too (no credit card!)

Cheers

Charliewired

I use food containers. As long as you dont need lots real fast its "free" in that it just saves them from the trash heap. I have about 50 yogurt cups with holes cut in the bottom.

...kind of odd that, the yogurt is eaten in 10 minutes, the container made for the yogurt will take 20,000 years to degrade.

But for the first 4 of those 20,000 years it makes a good seedling pot :)

Not sure how tight your budget is, but ebay always have bulk lots of all different sized plastic pots going as very reasonable prices.

there's a mob called "garden City Plastics" that do mail orders.... http://www.gardencityplastics.com

only in bulk quantities though.... not sure what your budget is, but for the square agro-forestry tubes (which are perfect for peres. cuttings being used for grafting) it works out to about 15c each including postage.

Thanks guys

Just made a dash to the local tip and sorted through a heap of pots and found a few hundred seedling pots of perfect sizes and they were all free! Stoked!! Cause thats basically my budget at the moment, lol

Along with that, I grabbed a shit load of various sized pots all in great nick for absolutely nothing!!

Just gotta give them a clean out with bleach water and she'll be right.

Will be taking a few hundred cuts tonight or tomorrow me thinks.

Lotsa grafting awaits.

I got a bunch of kickass small pots that all my peres cuts go into from creach! and someone else was sellin em to but I forget who..nabraxas?