The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tripitaka

Bellingen Global Carnival

Was keen to get some interest and perhaps some form of meet for the festival.

http://www.globalcarnival.com/html_2007/home_07.html

The Bellingen Global Carnival is a cross-cultural arts festival presenting traditional, classical and contemporary concerts that reflect modern day Australia. We concentrate on creating an experience which enables you to have an intimate encounter with the performers and their art form so we don't boast numerous stages and hundreds of performing groups that you walk endless kilometers to see never having enough time! With ease, you can see all the performances we present because of careful programming and site design.

Seriously is one of the best music festivals I have been to and have seen such artist's as The Bird, Bobby Singh, The Resin Dogs, Red Eyes, Afro Moses to name a limited few from previous festivals. There is a volunteeer number for those wanting to pay for a ticket by working it off. PM me for the number.

This years artist's HERE

3 days of music and breakfast at the Bellingen bakery :shroomer:

Kora dub and Gyuoto tantra monks! Wax Vandal on the decks for Diafrix!

*head explode*

Tripi, why you always make me wanna leave town?

I've got two weeks of hols from uni from 17th Sep-1st Oct, I'll be there I think. Were you planning on camping/sleeping in your hobo van?

The Bellingen YHA is the bizzomb, especially the 'extension' where you can sleep amongst the treetops, I think I'll roost there.

I knew you would fold Sina!

Thought of you re: Gyuoto monks after recent conversations.

Yes I will be in hobo van for sure, Usually get there a few days before and setup camp as I catch up with family there as well.

I have some cute cousins I want to introduce you to as well.

Glad your holidays align with the treetops.

Ohhh Ohhh and the afterparty this year will be spectacular!!

www.basscamp.info

Lets play people.

Foolsbreath I think we need to make this one happen to, has been unfolding for some time, lol.

Well if I come north then it will be for at least a week, I will book early!

Bello Global Carnival 2007: It's the 1982 Knoxville World Fair all over again.

simpsons_worldfair-757175.jpg

These festivals have the best vibe, they used to have the "smile police" who would fine people a dollar if they werent smiling (money went to a local charity). Great music, great people, great times.

Well theres lots of hype happening around here at the moment. Early bird tickets are still on sale as per the link in the first post

After party line up includes Tom Cosm

AFTERPARTY-flier-A3.gif

Look forward to hanging out calyx, I will Pm you my mobile!

Sounds like fun!

I only just saw this thread damn it all! Might still have to come down for a day :)

did i hear cute cousins? tripi u rule......

edit-will have a camping site there. hopefully with tripis hot cousins. wherever u find tripi u can usually find fine women! hes a good friend to have.

Edited by jono

well it seems that i will be going. I just need to find a licenced driver as im only on my learners. We'll see how it pans out! If theres anyone in SE QLD with a lic that would like to come let me know!

Great well it looks like there will be a few plantheads coming along.

PM me for my mobile and we can get planty!

www.basscamp.info

lets hope these guys at least provide rubbish bins this time.

Unfortunately looks like I'm gonna have to bail on this one, I really wished to come but this degree isn't finishing itself.

Don't you love it? Congratulations, you're on holidays, here have some more assignments!

Very sorry to hear it Sina :( Was looking forward to it immensely!

Well look at it this way, the sooner you finish the sooner you can get out of Sydney and into some lush lifestyle environment.

You deserve it very muchly :worship:

unfortunately i wont be able to get a ticket, but this looks like it'll be an event to remember!

the after party sounds pretty huge too!! might be able to make it to that actually, so if you are gonna be there tripi i'll give you a msg :)

Sweet Ricky, hope to see you both there!

There is mobile reception there so just txt me

awesome weekend!!!! even if i spent it with a quarelling couple (oh the irony) but alas friends are friends and i do think (hope) they got something out of it.

anyhows by far my favorite part of the carnival was the gyoto monks. I was honored to help them unload their bus and set up their stage, as i own a few of their cds and am quite the fan, but was a bit afraid (in awe) to talk to them much. their performance was amazing, i lay back on the ground, and closed my eyes and was swept with the most amazing visual displays and a golden warmth flew throgh my body , warming into my stomach. bliss. anyhoo found a magic piece of paper and began taking in the sights the following day, and literally stumbled back into their tent, just befor a guided meditation!!!!! i thought 'this is kinda strange...im in!!!' and enjoyed much the same sensations as i experienced at their performance , though amplified say i billion and three. im seriously considering buddhism!!!!! worth a look see anyways.

the only thing that kinda put me of a little was the way the chinese/tibetan guy who was obviously running the show was barking orders at the monks, with what appeared to my barbaric mind to be totally void of respect, even kind of annoyed and heated. he seemed a little impatient with em in a way. i dunno, just seemed a bit awry to me. but yeah u gotta love those monks.

next favoritist is a tie between the tahitian dancers, who made beyonce knowles look likemargaret thatcher (Now) and move like a sluggish newt,

(man those girls can move) and the girl who sits next to me at tafe, a quite demure girl (i thought) whom was performing on trapeze ( i thought).

anyhoo, i go to watch this girl and she proceeds to make evry man fall in love(lust) with her there as she shimmied up two pieces of silk and begun to do the most erotic , secksy moves ive ever seen . i dunno but to my untrained gmnatistical eye it looked like she was really getting funky with those pieces of silk. secksy.

other than that, the dip in bello river, the beautiful chai annd 'slice of heaven' a new seik friend (ur a legend jon , sorry bout that mess on ur turban man, i was honestly trying to help u if ur out there, see u at the curry festival chai master) that i made and spent some time with.

awesome awesome show, everyone should come next year, have big pow-wow.