The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Some recent police activity

Police smash Lone Wolf bikie drug ring - seven arrested in raids in Sydney and Lismore

http://police.nsw.gov.au/news/all_media?sq...5MjImYWxsPTE%3D

Police have smashed a large-scale illicit drug supply ring allegedly run by the Lone Wolf outlaw motorcycle gang in Sydney and Lismore in the state’s north.

In a series of simultaneous early morning raids, police arrested several high-ranking Lone Wolf bikies at a number of premises in Lismore and in Sydney’s north-west.

Drugs, a number of weapons including knives, swords and a revolver; cash and a drug lab were located during the raids.

Today’s operation involving more than 100 police follows a joint investigation by officers from the Richmond Local Area Command and State Crime Command Gangs Squad.

In May last year, Richmond Local Area Command’s Drug Unit launched Strike Force Tungarra, a strike force targeting the Lone Wolf Lismore chapter and its alleged ongoing supply and distribution of amphetamine (speed) and MDMA (ecstasy) in the Lismore area.

At 7am, State Protection Group (SPG) officers arrested a 46-year-old highly ranked Lone Wolf member during a raid at a remote farmhouse, located about 40 kilometres south of Lismore.

Teams of Operational Support Group (OSG) officers then stormed the Lone Wolf clubhouse in Terania Street, and raided a heavily fortified alleged drug house in Uralba Street, Lismore.

A 48-year-old senior Lone Wolf member was arrested at the clubhouse and a 35-year-old gang member was arrested at the alleged drug house.

The three Lismore Lone Wolf bikies have been taken to Lismore Police station where they will be charged with numerous drug offences including large commercial supply of ecstasy, commercial supply of amphetamine and ongoing supply of as well as drug house offences.

They will be refused bail to appear at Lismore Local Court today.

Richmond Local Area Commander, Superintendent Bruce Lyons, said it will be alleged members of the Lone Wolf OMCG controlled the illicit drug market in Lismore – supplied by their “brothers in arms” in Sydney.

“Police will allege there are clear drug supply links between the Sydney and Lismore chapters of the Lone Wolf OMCG,” Supt Lyons said.

“We allege the drug market in Lismore has been dominated by gang members who were operating a well organised business — today’s arrests will significantly impact the trade of speed and ecstasy particularly in this town.

“My officers will continue to target and destroy drug supply networks and to go after and shut down the organised crime syndicates involved.”

In Sydney’s north-west this morning State Crime Command Gangs Squad detectives arrested four men alleged to be members and associates of the Lone Wolf OMCG.

At a house in Yarrara Road, Pennant Hills, detectives will allege they located evidence of a clandestine amphetamine laboratory. A quantity of chemicals, glassware and other paraphernalia associated with the manufacture of illicit drugs has been seized by police for forensic examination.

A 32-year-old man was arrested at his home in Marayong about 7.30am and is at Quakers Hill Police Station being questioned. It is expected he will be charged with 15 drug supply offences.

At Hornsby Police Station detectives are questioning a 29-year-old Cherrybrook man, as well as a 21-year-old man arrested at the Pennant Hills home this morning.

Shortly before midday a 30-year-old Pennant Hills man was arrested and has since been taken to Ryde Police Station where he is being questioned.

It will be alleged during Operation Tungarra police seized more than 2000 MDMA tablets worth an estimated potential street value of $60,000 during a vehicle stop at Normanhurst.

A 30-year-old Kurrajong man arrested at the scene was subsequently charged with supply large commercial quantity of a prohibited drug and supply prohibited drug. He appeared in Parramatta Local Court on 12 May and is currently on conditional bail to appear in Hornsby Local Court on Tuesday 31 July.

Since May police have charged 81 bikies and their associates with more than 250 offences as part of the state-wide crackdown on bikies, known as Operation Ranmore.

In the past week raids have been carried out on OMCG clubhouses in Sydney, Batemans Bay on the south coast and Lismore in the state’s north.

Gangs Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent Scott Whyte, said, “The arrests today are the culmination of a long-term operation by the Richmond LAC and Gangs Squad that will severely impact on drug supply in the northern rivers area.

11kg of cannabis found in car – Bulahdelah

http://police.nsw.gov.au/news/all_media?sq...5MjcmYWxsPTE%3D

Police have found $100,000 worth of cannabis after searching a car on the state’s north coast last night.

About 11pm, police stopped a car with two people inside travelling north on the Pacific Highway at Bulahdelah for a random breath test.

Further checks led officers to search the vehicle, where in the boot they found 11.5kg of cannabis.

A 30-year-old man from Pimpana in Queensland has been charged with supply prohibited drug, while the second man has been charged over an outstanding warrant.

Both will appear at Taree Local Court later today.

RAID LEADS TO $800,000 CANNABIS SEIZURE

http://police.nsw.gov.au/news/all_media?sq...5MzAmYWxsPTE%3D

A search warrant executed at Prairiewood has led police to cannabis worth more than three-quarters of a million dollars.

Officers from the Region Enforcement Squad Wetherill Park have been conducting Operation Plante focusing on indoor cannabis cultivation syndicates throughout Sydney’s southwest.

About 7am yesterday (Thursday 19 July) officers carried out a search warrant at a house in Scotchey Street.

Police will allege they found 347 plants, cannabis leaf and equipment associated with the hydroponic cultivation of cannabis.

The drugs have an estimated potential street value of $800,000.

No one was arrested at the time of the search warrant and investigators are continuing their inquiries.

Community tip-off leads to drug raid - Baulkham Hills

http://police.nsw.gov.au/news/all_media?sq...5MTUmYWxsPTE%3D

A man and woman have been charged with drug offences after a tip-off led to police seizing more than $700,000 worth of cannabis in the Hills district.

About 7am yesterday police attached to The Hills Local Area Command arrested the 41-year-old Baulkham Hills man and 37-year-old Belmore woman at a house at Allandale Drive, Baulkham Hills.

Detectives had been making extensive inquiries into the premises after receiving information from a member from the public.

A seven-year-old girl and 13-year-old boy were also located at the house; however, the children reside elsewhere. They have been placed into the care of a relative.

Police will allege they found more than 200 plants, cannabis leaf and fertilisers and equipment associated with the cultivation of cannabis. The drugs have an estimated potential street value of more than $700,000.

The man and woman were questioned by detectives at Castle Hill Police Station before being

charged with cultivate large commercial quantity of prohibited drug and offences relating to electricity theft / diversion. They were both refused bail and will appear before Parramatta Local Court later today.

Meanwhile, 169 cannabis plants with an estimated potential street value of $600,000 were discovered in a house at Stoney Creek Road, Kingsgrove, after emergency services were called to a fire at the home about 4pm yesterday. No-one was home at the time and inquiries by police are continuing.

Sixth arrest for 35kg cocaine import

http://afp.gov.au/media_releases/national/...ine_import.html

A sixth man was today charged in relation to the importation of 35 kilograms of cocaine in flower pots from Mexico to Sydney in March this year.

A joint Customs and Australian Federal Police (AFP) operation resulted in the arrest of four people on Thursday and a fifth on Friday for allegedly concealing $35 million worth of cocaine in a shipment of 946 boxes containing flower pots.

The 42-year-old Leichhardt man was arrested by AFP agents this morning and appeared in Sydney Central Local Court where he was remanded in custody.

The man was charged with conspiracy to import a commercial quantity of a border controlled drug and attempt to possess a border controlled drug contrary to the Criminal Code Act 1995.

Four men were charged on Thursday, 12 July and a fifth man was charged on Friday, 13 July. All were remanded in custody.

The maximum penalty for these offences is life imprisonment.

Major ‘ice’ detection leads to Sydney hotel arrest

http://afp.gov.au/media_releases/national/...ey_hotel_arrest

Joint AFP and Customs media release

A 28-year-old Canadian man is due to face Sydney’s Central Local Court today charged over the importation of about 16 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine (ice) from Canada.

The joint Customs and Australian Federal Police (AFP) operation began last Sunday (8 July) when Customs officers in Air Cargo Sydney targeted two packages for examination. The packages were described as containing crystal dinnerware.

X-rays of the packages found inconsistencies. Customs officers then deconstructed the packages to discover two plastic containers in each package filled with a white crystalline substance.

Preliminary testing of the substance by Customs indicated the presence of crystal methamphetamine. Presumptive testing of the contents of the second package also indicated the presence of crystal methamphetamine.

The total quantity of crystal methamphetamine in both packages is about 16 kilograms. The substance is currently undergoing further forensic testing.

Customs handed the packages to the AFP who conducted inquiries into the consignment, which was addressed to a Sydney city hotel.

As a result of these inquiries the AFP arrested a man after he allegedly attempted to take delivery of the packages.

The man was subsequently charged with attempting to possess a commercial quantity of a border controlled drug, namely crystal methamphetamine, pursuant to section 307.5 of the Criminal Code Act 1995.

The maximum penalty for this offence is a $825,000 fine and/or life imprisonment.

Heroin found at Brisbane Airport

http://afp.gov.au/media_releases/national/...risbane_airport

Customs officers stopped the 21-year-old man when he arrived at Brisbane International Airport on a flight from Dubai yesterday morning (20 June).

An x-ray of the passenger’s suitcase revealed a possible concealment.

Testing of powder allegedly found in the lining of the suitcase indicated the presence of heroin.

The man was arrested by Australian Federal Police (AFP) agents and charged with attempting to import a marketable quantity of a border controlled drug contrary to the Criminal Code Act 1995.

The concealment was later removed from the suitcase with the total amount of powder weighing 986 grams. Further forensic examination will determine the purity of the substance.

The maximum penalty for this offence is 25 years imprisonment and/or a $550,000 fine.

A timely reminder for all to be safe when growing megaweights of bud, cooking meth and making coke deliveries interstate! Not to mention all you local heroin manufacturers :lol: life's tough in small business eh?

VM

A timely reminder for all to be safe when growing megaweights of bud, cooking meth and making coke deliveries interstate! Not to mention all you local heroin manufacturers :lol: life's tough in small business eh?

VM

Also, if you are a high ranking bikie gang member, now is a good time to law low :P

Maybe they missed last months CONTRIBUTION to the police community welfare fund.

Police have smashed a large-scale illicit drug supply ring allegedly run by the Lone Wolf outlaw motorcycle gang in Sydney and Lismore in the state’s north.

The name Lone Wolf for a gang came across as me as kinda strange... I'm sure there might be a reason behind it.. but it's a gang.. you aren't really a lone wolf.

It actually reminded me of a scene out of the movie Airheads.

-bumpy

I am going to find this particular drug enforcement activity rather interesting. After all the invasions of privacy of innocent people in the last few months up here I wonder if the National MP's request for privacy is really one that should be respected. It is after all the federal coalition government which created the Australian Crime Commission which is perpetrating all these privacy invasions. Maybe Thomas George should take up the issue with his federal mates.

Then again, I doubt that the ACC raided every household in his son's address book - as they did for the spate of raids earlier in the year.

Stick it to him I reckon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07...?section=justin

MP's son charged in bikie probe

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:17pm AEST

The son of the New South Wales Nationals MP for Lismore has been arrested on drug charges as part of the investigation of the Lone Wolf motorcycle gang.

Thomas George says his son, Brendan, was arrested in Sydney this morning on drug-related charges.

New South Wales police say Mr George has been charged wit participating in a criminal group and supplying a commercial quantity of a prohibited drug.

The Nationals MP says he continues to oppose illegal drugs and has asked for the family's privacy to be respected.

Cannabis, cannabis, cannabis - haven't the cops got more serious things to enforce?

Here's some more recent activity i got raided today and i rally have no idea why. They were looking for meth and thought i was a meth dealer. I havent been in that scene for months now so it beats me why this happened but they tried to pin me for manufacture simply because I had caustic soda and suphuric acid. Go figure.

Cannabis, cannabis, cannabis - haven't the cops got more serious things to enforce?

actually, this was meth & mdma I believe

Here's some more recent activity i got raided today and i rally have no idea why. They were looking for meth and thought i was a meth dealer. I havent been in that scene for months now so it beats me why this happened but they tried to pin me for manufacture simply because I had caustic soda and suphuric acid. Go figure.

Unfortunately I think that's probably, in part, due to associating with the younger crowd or involving your self with that grey-area chemistry supply shop both in RL on OL, you simply CAN NOT and MUST NOT trust people to keep their mouths shut when they get into trouble. (Not that I dont trust you Ergo.. LOL)

Seems like you have had a rough trot of it bud, got your face punched in and raided all in a month. either you have some bad ass Karma or you having something very good on the way.. LOL

Seriously though, if I get a copper at my door Ill know where to look.... Joke..

Seriously though, if I get a copper at my door Ill know where to look.... Joke..

Hehe i warned them bout you andy i told em to bring the whole swat lol.