The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Μορφέας

Toddler given ecstasy - very very disturbing

I have not taken your words out of context at all, you were giving them in the context that there was probably nothing amiss in that video... my addition of the word 'nice' actually helps to clarify the context and what you meant by the statement, and it was also not a direct quote so I didn't feel the need to stick exactly to what you have written.

:blink: ...muahahhahahahahah, you're a cunny funt IB.

Man you would make a good polly...or anchorman for NBC!!

AJ

seriously you make me smile. :lol:

@Apoth

No good just checking every post on marijuana, it needs to be a negative article.

Here's a couple of the threads I was thinking of:

Marijuana bad for schizophrenia? Then schizophrenia doesn't exist.

Salvia psychosis and suicide? Total sh!t.

Yeah, it's helpful to quote the person sometimes, but it just makes it look even weirder when your response has so little to do with what they said, just try and refrain from putting words in my mouth okay?

@AuntyJack

Seeing as you still haven't given your reasoning for any of your bullshit statements about me, I'll assume you're just making things up.

I think you're a funt too by the way.

Edited by IllegalBrain

@AuntyJack

Seeing as you still haven't given your reasoning for any of your bullshit statements about me, I'll assume you're just making things up.

I think you're a funt too by the way.

Stop sookin IB...all the reasoning for my NICE bullshit statements about you are already in the previous posts... 'my addition of the word 'nice' actually helps to clarify the context and what you meant by the statement, and it was also not a direct quote so I didn't feel the need to stick exactly to what you have written.' <---couldn't help myself.

See what I mean...what was the topic again??....Oh how to have a argument about nothing.

AJ

Edited by Auntyjack

You are generalising, missing the discussion and definately taking my words out of context...having a nice face massage?.....you ask please stick to what you have actually written---> that works both ways.

:blink: ...muahahhahahahahah, you're a cunny funt IB.

Man you would make a good polly...or anchorman for NBC!!

AJ

seriously you make me smile. :lol:

So this is what you are calling your reasoning? These are the statements I asked you to provide reasoning for!

Here, let me help you out with a basic dictionary definition:

reasoning

2. the process of forming conclusions, judgments, or inferences from facts or premises.

3. the reasons, arguments, proofs, etc., resulting from this process.

Your comments above are just bald statements and provide no reasoning whatsoever.

Edited by IllegalBrain

Could you please substantiate this claim? I can't find anything on Google news that says that.

an early report:

Doctors examining a toddler who was teased by teens on a video for allegedly taking Ecstasy have found no evidence that the child was given the dangerous drug.

Estella Olguin, spokeswoman for the Harris County Child Protective Services, said Thursday that physicians who examined the 2-year-old and her 8-month-old sister found no medical cause for concern.

Olguin said the agency, however, is still debating whether to conduct a hair-follicle test on the infant to check if a drug may have been present in the child's system when the video was shot on June 22.

The children are in the custody of a grandmother while the investigation continues.

Source

and video

There's more out there but my head is hurting and my google-fu has been used up for the day.

my daughter mimics everything i do. I have to remind myself to sit up straight when she's around because she sits slouched exactly like me. When i had bad tinea she saw me walking on my tip toes and when she started walking she walked on her tip toes. i think i might of walked infront of her like this only a couple of times. I personally think that the girl has seen people with eyes rolling and has just copied that. Once she got the attention, she kept on doing it. kids love attention.

an early report:

Source

and video

There's more out there but my head is hurting and my google-fu has been used up for the day.

my daughter mimics everything i do. I have to remind myself to sit up straight when she's around because she sits slouched exactly like me. When i had bad tinea she saw me walking on my tip toes and when she started walking she walked on her tip toes. i think i might of walked infront of her like this only a couple of times. I personally think that the girl has seen people with eyes rolling and has just copied that. Once she got the attention, she kept on doing it. kids love attention.

Thanks for that mate, although neither of those sources say anything about the police having reached a conclusion.

Good news is that the video says they have handed over the investigation to the Child Protection Services, who seem to be coming to the conclusion that there was no ecstasy involved and that the little girl is being relatively well looked after. Another interesting thing is that later that day on the same trip they got pulled over by traffic cops and busted for not having the kid in a seat, and now the CPS has provided them with car seats.

If anyone is still interested, that second video seems to give a pretty good summary of the situation, although it took me bloody ages to load.

So looks like we can all chill out and be friends again :)

...lucky the fate of the parents were not in some of our hands, otherwise we would be looking up at them dangling from a tree branch, thinking to ourselves...

..'shit eh, I could have sworn they were guilty, did you see the way the little girls eyes rolled back in her head....looked real to me, and the parents they were definately trailer trash, probably would have happened eventually, yeah yeah probably....good that we stopped them breeding. Oh yeah I heard we're going to war with Iraq...'

AJ

...lucky the fate of theN I C E parents were not in some of our hands, otherwise we would be looking up at them dangling from a tree branch, thinking to ourselves...

..'shit eh, I could have sworn they were guilty, did you see the way the N I C E little girls eyes rolled back in her head....looked real to me, and the parents they were definately trailer trash, probably would have happened eventually, yeah yeah probably....good that we stopped them breeding. Oh yeah I heard we're going to war with Iraq...'

Not sure if any of that was directed at me or not, but just in case:

I totally agree with Apothecary's statement: "...not even the news article was so sensationalist as to claim that the child had actually been given MDMA, so let's at least maintain that level of skepticism until we know more."

Do I think there is enough evidence in this clip to prosecute someone? No way.

I'm not referring to a 'wait and see' approach either, which I have no problem with... I never suggested people shouldn't be cautious before making a judgment, and I don't think anyone would be able to reach a conclusion based on the current evidence...

I tend to agree that by the time it is substantiated either way many people will be emotionally complacent towards it, and I don't think an emotionally driven response is ideal either.

The added 'niceties' are just for your amusement or enragement, whichever you prefer :)

IB don't be paranoid...you answered your own question.

And yes I'll take the amusement....enraged? nahh I just think you're a conversation nazi.....'butz zee statemunt moust be validated wiv your papers...or we cnnot prozeed'

AJ :P

all over the word 'rollin', LOL all over youtube, and was spread and mislabeled LOL

ROFLMAO! oh man, im having deja vu here LOL

news media and the internet dont mix at all. all the tangled up tubes get caught with the tv cables, resulting in .... well this whole issue. good oll media hype.

its sad how the media can hurt people with their hype like this.

IB don't be paranoid...you answered your own question.

And yes I'll take the amusement....enraged? nahh I just think you're a conversation nazi.....'butz zee statemunt moust be validated wiv your papers...or we cnnot prozeed'

LOL... that is so true! I just returned to this post after sending this to someone in a PM:

"I feel like I don't take too much of an extreme approach on things, but I tend to hone in on something someone said if I smell bullshit or someone being a smartarse... this is a bad trait to couple with mild paranoia."

Hey Amulte, what situation is this reminding you of? Cheers.

Edited by IllegalBrain

quoting tepa-'I think your a joke for taking such a strong defensive stance on a topic such as this.

Im sorry if i was emotionally MOVED by something such as this, It shocks me to the core that it MIGHT have happened.'

i agree with tepa here. this video needs thorough investigation by the authoritys, which may be to late, as we all know that mdma does not stay in the system for to long.

Such a natural instinct to protect children is applaudable and necessary to my mind, a natural reaction that this society needs alot more of, i think that a voice to protect children should ALWAYS be out there, and if one mans concious triggers a response like tepas, then so fucking what? i consider it honorable.

sina ur quick to jump on the 'dont be racist to muslims' even going so far to warn yowie, and who knows, he really does dig muslim chicks, and so what???? i dont see that as racist. but fuck feel free to talk about child abuse and paedophilia as much as u want- a sensitive topic to others as much as the topic of muslim racism may be to you.

i just cant seem to draw the difference between people defending children without the need of rock solid 'proof' whereas u can bemoan a persons thoughts on muslims without even trying to see where they are coming from. to me its almost gross.

if people did not act on 'instinct' in cases such as child abuse and waited around for 'facts' and 'proof' there would be alot of damage done.

so yeah fuck people who abuse,neglect or even video imitated drug abuse in minors, fuck em all the way to hell, with a shiny piece of barb wire jamed fom a hole to nostril, this case needed to be investigated, and if more people with 'honorable instinct' had kicked up a furore as tepa had when this vid surfaced things may have been sorted out much more quickly and stop this bullshit floating around the internet.

I think your a joke for taking such a strong defensive stance on a topic such as this.

Im sorry if i was emotionally MOVED by something such as this, It shocks me to the core that it MIGHT have happened.'

i agree with tepa here. this video needs thorough investigation by the authoritys, which may be to late, as we all know that mdma does not stay in the system for to long.

Such a natural instinct to protect children is applaudable and necessary to my mind, a natural reaction that this society needs alot more of, i think that a voice to protect children should ALWAYS be out there, and if one mans concious triggers a response like tepas, then so fucking what? i consider it honorable.

Its good to be concerned. Its not good to assume things based on hearsay evidence or the title of a thread. The way i read your statement it sounds like you are advocating the "wont somebody please think of the children" mentality. Yes, the urge to protect children should always be present. However it should be tempered by logic, and facts should always be used to form an opinion on something.

My daughter recently had a big black bruse mark on her face, she tripped over running and hit a chair on the way down, as kids do. If i had of posed a photo of that to a page that i put photos of her on so her grandparents could see the results of her hyperactivity, and someone found it and posted it on this board saying "father punches kid in the face, posts photo on the net for all to see" would you be calling for me to have a "a shiny piece of barb wire jamed fom a hole to nostril" ?

if people did not act on 'instinct' in cases such as child abuse and waited around for 'facts' and 'proof' there would be alot of damage done.

there's also alot of damage done when you dont wait for facts and proof. infact i'd think there is more. To use my example above, If someone was to take my daughter from me simply because of a photo on the net, well, i dont even want to think about that...

Here is an example of people not waiting for facts and taking things into their own hands..

this case needed to be investigated, and if more people with 'honorable instinct' had kicked up a furore as tepa had when this vid surfaced things may have been sorted out much more quickly and stop this bullshit floating around the internet.

sorry, but thats a load of crap. As soon as the video went live on youtube the police were notified by people with 'honourable instinct' . they tracked the people down and launched an investigation. It was found out to be a case of stupid kids posting a video to the net that shouldn't of been posted. What i find amazing, is the reaction from the "alternative" crowd. It was identical to the "mainstream" crowd. knee jerk, "I know best and no one can tell me otherwise." I've seen this on serveral boards, where people take the moral high ground "oh i can tell she's on ecstasy, i know what im talking about"... when the 'facts' that you say should not of been waited for, came into play, they were wrong...

there's also alot of damage done when you dont wait for facts and proof. infact i'd think there is more. To use my example above, If someone was to take my daughter from me simply because of a photo on the net, well, i dont even want to think about that...

sorry, but thats a load of crap. As soon as the video went live on youtube the police were notified by people with 'honourable instinct' . they tracked the people down and launched an investigation. It was found out to be a case of stupid kids posting a video to the net that shouldn't of been posted. What i find amazing, is the reaction from the "alternative" crowd. It was identical to the "mainstream" crowd. knee jerk, "I know best and no one can tell me otherwise." I've seen this on serveral boards, where people take the moral high ground "oh i can tell she's on ecstasy, i know what im talking about"... when the 'facts' that you say should not of been waited for, came into play, they were wrong...

Well it wasn't just a photo, it was a video and it tells alot about the people

Firstly the kid is riding on the floor of a vehicle

The people in the vehicle are poking fun at the kid and hitting around the head to try and make its eyes go straight, its not a bloody massage

That alone is enough for criminal charges I think, not just a case of stupid kids

Furthermore, who places so much faith in a police investigation? Several people have said wait for the findings of the police investigations. Police investigations, just as political investigations are next to worthless to me, just plain bull shit, I'd rather judge with my own eyes than rely on the findings of some bullshit investigation carried out by bullshit artists.

I don't know either way what happened to the kid and arn't passing judgement on that

But the video shows reprehensible behavior from the people in the van regardless of wether the kid has been given a hit of anything

It WAS investigated by the authorities! MDMA can be detected in hair tests for something like 90 days.

sina ur quick to jump on the 'dont be racist to muslims' even going so far to warn yowie, and who knows, he really does dig muslim chicks, and so what???? i dont see that as racist. but fuck feel free to talk about child abuse and paedophilia as much as u want- a sensitive topic to others as much as the topic of muslim racism may be to you.

What the hell are you talking about jono? I asked Yowie several times to stop posting naked pictures in the forums. That is the extent of my complaint, Yowie received a reason along with each warning, and considering I asked him several times beforehand to stop posting naked pictures before even warning him, oh wait you didn't know that, or even care.

Why do you feel the urge to keep bringing up this situation? If you don't like how I dealt with it, the offer is always there for you to take it up with T.

i just cant seem to draw the difference between people defending children without the need of rock solid 'proof' whereas u can bemoan a persons thoughts on muslims without even trying to see where they are coming from. to me its almost gross.

People can think whatever they like about whatever they want. My job here is to make sure peoples opinions don't cause a shitfight, and that's usually the time I step in. You're reading into motives that don't exist.

So what you're saying is that as long as children are involved, presumption of innocence and fair trial should go out the window? What if someone accused YOU of giving your child MDMA?

Proof and facts are pointless right, just send the lynch mob right to jonos house?

so yeah fuck people who abuse,neglect or even video imitated drug abuse in minors, fuck em all the way to hell, with a shiny piece of barb wire jamed fom a hole to nostril, this case needed to be investigated, and if more people with 'honorable instinct' had kicked up a furore as tepa had when this vid surfaced things may have been sorted out much more quickly and stop this bullshit floating around the internet.

Please tell me exactly where anyone said this shouldn't be investigated?

People are just saying maybe we, as members of the public, should wait for the investigation to be completed before we pass judgement.

Lucky the law is not in your hands jono or these people would probably be dead already before we discovered they didn't actually give their child MDMA!

This isn't even an 'emotional' reaction anymore, it's just irrational.

It WAS investigated by the authorities! MDMA can be detected in hair tests for something like 90 days.

What the hell are you talking about jono? I asked Yowie several times to stop posting naked pictures in the forums. That is the extent of my complaint, Yowie received a reason along with each warning, and considering I asked him several times beforehand to stop posting naked pictures before even warning him, oh wait you didn't know that, or even care.

Why do you feel the urge to keep bringing up this situation? If you don't like how I dealt with it, the offer is always there for you to take it up with T.

People can think whatever they like about whatever they want. My job here is to make sure peoples opinions don't cause a shitfight, and that's usually the time I step in. You're reading into motives that don't exist.

So what you're saying is that as long as children are involved, presumption of innocence and fair trial should go out the window? What if someone accused YOU of giving your child MDMA?

Proof and facts are pointless right, just send the lynch mob right to jonos house?

Please tell me exactly where anyone said this shouldn't be investigated?

People are just saying maybe we, as members of the public, should wait for the investigation to be completed before we pass judgement.

Lucky the law is not in your hands jono or these people would probably be dead already before we discovered they didn't actually give their child MDMA!

This isn't even an 'emotional' reaction anymore, it's just irrational.

point taken, i thought yowie was penalised for showing provocative pics of muslim women.

No im not saying when children are involved presumption of innocence and fair trial go out the window, im merely stating that 'instinct' is often a very valid indication that somethings wrong and deserves investigation.

And i think tepa is very entitled to his opinion and emotions.

By the way i wouldnt be involved in a video indicating that my daughter is on mdma, and if i was , i would deserve the full extent of the law and loss of custody of her and a round arse kicking from my family and friends, its a big,big difference man. why is this so complicated?

quoting sina-People are just saying maybe we, as members of the public, should wait for the investigation to be completed before we pass judgement.

understand understand, but this is a forum of varied opinions yeah sina? tepa has a right to add his point of view. I think these people judgement occured for me the moment they made that video, but thats me.

And if the law was in my hands? i dont think theyd be dead, but i would pass a law against moderators with napolean complexes.

And i think tepa is very entitled to his opinion and emotions.

Like I said, anyone can think anything they like and it doesn't really concern me unless it causes trouble in the chill.

All I asked from Tepa was to not make up sensationalist headlines for the post, mostly because it's misleading to readers of the thread, and if he was gonna do it anyway then at least have a disclaimer in the post for people who don't read the article.

And if the law was in my hands? i dont think theyd be dead, but i would pass a law against moderators with napolean complexes.

:wave-finger:

Last I heard they hadn't done any hair follicle tests... see the report simon_marklar linked to.

That was more a passing comment, but my guess is that CPS probably realised the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the media and let it drop, as I'm sure they have the power to request testing and would have if they thought it nescessary.

This is getting dull.

This is getting dull.

You know what the solution to that is don't you? ;)

Wow.... IMHO the most disturbing thing about this thread is the undeserved shit the moderator has copped.

Wow.... IMHO the most disturbing thing about this thread is the undeserved shit the moderator has copped.

Oh, what a bunch of crap... Jono said some stuff to him which looks like its some kind of personal beef, but all the other comments directed towards Apothecary have had nothing to do with his position as mod.

Furthermore, who places so much faith in a police investigation? Several people have said wait for the findings of the police investigations. Police investigations, just as political investigations are next to worthless to me, just plain bull shit, I'd rather judge with my own eyes than rely on the findings of some bullshit investigation carried out by bullshit artists.

Well, the police are often accused of being too heavy handed and too eager to lay charges for even the tiniest drug related crime. I think the fact that none was placed showed that they could not produce/manufacture any evidence at all, most likely because there was none.

Well, the police are often accused of being too heavy handed and too eager to lay charges for even the tiniest drug related crime. I think the fact that none was placed showed that they could not produce/manufacture any evidence at all, most likely because there was none.

I agree... if the cops handed it over to the Child Protection Service, especially in light of how much international exposure this case has had, then it seems highly likely that there is no evidence the kid had drugs... also, the fact that the CPS spokesperson didn't seem worried lends pretty strong support to this... they are not known for brushing child welfare issues under the carpet.