The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blangschpeer

need help finding cheap byron accommodation

Hey people, I've been planning a secret trip to byron with my fiance to celebrate her graduation for the past few weeks. We were going to be staying with my friend but as she's just moved it's all gone pear-shaped! If any locals can help me find the cheapest place available it would be greatly appreciated, we'll be there for 4 nights arriving on he 20th and I'm trying to keep it under $200. If it sweetens the deal at all, I'll bring a E.bridgesii tip as a thankyou for sharing local knowledge.

byron and cheap are not words that combine easily. Do you have transport? Does it have to be in Byron itself? when is the trip?

take a tent, and a bag of rice!!!!!!

Guest Øskorei

The Arts Factory is a pretty cool place to stay if you're on a budget.

I'll be coming up on friday, unfortunately I have no car but it looks like we might either hire a wicked camper or stay at one of the backpackers.

Maybe we will just end up camping, which I'd be cool with but my fiance's just hurt her shoulder (Damn flat ground, it's deadly terain).

It's my birthday soon anyway so I'm pretty sure money wont be a problem as long as no-one breaks into my letterbox...

If your staying in Nimbin then try the Grey Gum Lodge, they have some really good rates, I belive you can get a double room in a cottage-esque setting, right in the heart of the town for around $50 a night.

When I was driving up to bundaberg the other week, I picked up a couple of english backpackers that had just been staying down at the arts factory. They actually managed to get an entire week of accommodation for free by doing chores for few hours. Seems like they really enjoyed the atmosphere of the place - they ended up getting married in the garden there :P

Edited by domide

thanks for all the great suggestions, turns out my friend has managed to find a place thru a FOAF who ironically lives just around the corner from my place here in sydney.

I know we'll definately be going back so I'll have a look at the arts factory while i'm there.

Can't wait to get up there, it's been years since I was last there and it was heaps of fun (at least the blurred memories I have are good... Ahh new years.. How the fuck did I chip my tooth without a single bruise on my body?)