The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Conan Troutman

'Jubilant Vermont town hits a Homer'

Cindy Clark, USA TODAY

A last-minute entry wound up the winner in the competition to host The Simpsons Movie premiere.

Springfield, Vt., beat out 13 other Springfields across the country that entered the Hometown Movie Challenge. Twentieth Century Fox studio asked them to create a video showing their enthusiasm for The Simpsons. Videos were posted on USA TODAY's website, where readers voted for their favorite.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/simpsons-contest.htm

i live in springfield, nsw. we have a local store that looks like the kwik-e mart (and is full of squishies and lollies), and i just found out the other day we have a female teacher at the local high school called "Mrs Smithers" :wink: .

We also have a family across the road where the fat father is an alcoholic, the (10-12 year old?) son is the neighbourhood trouble maker. i believe he also has 1 or 2 daughters. Next door to us is a really nice church couple. the husband always talks to us over the fence, but never about god. and never with a "hi-diddly-ho!"

its not exactly the same, but the coincidences are quite funny, especially if you're as big of a simpsons fan as i am.

its surreal living in springfield some days :)

i wish we could of entered!!!

as it turns out, this sunday, my street is being turned in to the main street of the simpsons springfield, apparently complete with a bowling lane, kwick-e mart, and moes tavern.

apparently there will be free krispy kremes too :)

r u serious? LoL.

We have a Kwik-E-Mart here in Adelaide, 24 hour convenience store with Indian staff inside :) I have witnessed tricky Apu like profit-maximizing techniques in there also, such as the deliberate abstinence of price tags on all items, and when you get to the checkout the prices they're about double what you usually pay! LoL!!!

Edited by SaBReT00tH