The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Request for postponement of camping trip for 1 week?

Hi Campers,

I was wondering if those people that are going to come to this camp would mind if it was postponed until next weekend instead?

I am getting over a nasty flu, need some car repairs and am really low on cash, if it was another kind of meet I would probabaly give it a miss but being the organizer (and giving a lift) I need (and want) to be there.

Sometimes offering a change of date actually works out better but it may be worse, so I just thought I would shoot it out there into the ether and see what happened, if you are sure you are coming to the camp please reply in this thread ASAP if you would mind or not, thank you for your help and sorry for any inconvenience.,

........BUMP.........

Jst thought I would bump this so its in the new posts for the day, any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I need to give the interstaters as much notice as possible (as in this afternoon)

Alternativly the offer of a lift for Amulte from Mur'ba Friday afternoon leaving Sunday and the organisation of the site and firewood, allowing me to borrow a car and drop down for Sat night would also be fantastic!

Ill PM those that showed interest in attending.

Thanks again

AA.

hmmm maybe best if it is pushed on a week if it means you could spend more chilled out time at the camp, hehe ive been sick with a flu thing myself for a while now but still planning on it lol

but yes gotta know this arvo or itlll cost me.

if we stay this weekend and if i can get there on friday with somone we could sort out the firewood and the camp site for everyone on the saturday... any takers?

Edited by Amulte

Hmm

Next weekend is no good for me, But this weekend is looking dubious as well. The kids been sick all week as well and I haven't done any work. My work is pretty flexible and I can really come and go as I please, but I'm getting behind and may well need to go this weekend to catch up

Maybe a two or three week postponement would be more suitable? If not then I'll just have to give it a miss...... again :(

Alternatively, I get the mrs to stay home with the kid friday if she's not well and go do some work.

That will free me up this weekend. I was going to pick up Jono on the way and could make a wee side trip to grab Amulte, but if its friday night it will be late (like 10ish)

"I was going to pick up Jono on the way and could make a wee side trip to grab Amulte, but if its friday night it will be late (like 10ish)"

ill be up murwillumbah way bout 6am if that helps?

LOL

I mean 10pm friday as I would have to work that day, could be there early saturday though if friday is no good at that time

Then again I could just not go to work at all :innocent_n:

Lets hear what others have to say before getting too carried away, Jono is probably working today, so might have to wait till tonight before getting some firm ideas

LOL ahhh sorry bout that, i thought i got that mixed up LOL

def gotta get a date carved in stone so i can have time to rebook or cancil ticket if need be before they charge me for it.

i was thinking of hitchin to the site but the gear with my walking stick might be tricky gettin a thumb out and remaining upright LOL. stilll, might be able to manage that i guess... im magical :shroomer:

well if im welcome an as i said love me love my dog.......if sensible drinkin is allowed.......im with gom............any orders for cheap vodka(free actually get to me !)otherwise ill give this chilly one a miss........dependes if jono/AndyAmine have forgiven my past indescretions........

um too the point the future would be good a week or 2 i didnt realise it was this close..........anyways up to the majority.........come or go im easy but would love to catch up with peeeps.........

and amulte.........geeez youre a trooper...........if anything i should come just to have a drink with you ;)

(bite my tongue!)we`ll see what happpens.......

im for a postponement but am with gom(geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez havent even asked him yet.............god am i the most rude inconsiderate..........................!!)well seee what pans out.........

thats my thoughts

T.

Sounds like a 3 weeks postponement is sounding like the best idea, I havent received any 100% confirmations from anyone other than those in this thread (although others have shown interest and usualy show up for a night unannounced) so unless some more poeple speak up before mid this afternoon (Amultes point of no return) saying nay we will go with that idea.

As a silver lining, if we have it in 3 weeks this cold spell should have eazed up a bit and I will surely have access to an LPG outdoor heater :wink:

Anyone have Jono's mobile number? I lost it.

P.S, I love yous guys',,. your the best..

Edited by AndyAmine.

Well I havent yet expressed interest but I was hoping to make it, only get every 2nd w/end off work this one being the one off. Is it postponed till August 3rd or 10th?

I've kept quiet because I'd only pop in for a night or so anyway, but I am flexible and don't midn whatever week it is.

just spoke with Gom and hes keen on next weekend, wouldnt be able to make this one......hmmm so hows it lookin so far? a re-date or a go-ahead?

might as well change it so you don't get caught out amulte and so that AA can get better :)

But I'm a definite no no for next weekend

If its two weeks from now, that gives Dodie a chance to come, I can make it and if Jono is reliant on me for transport than its good for him, and maybe I can talk Tripi into coming too :wink:

Edited by foolsbreath

Sweet-azz :) sounds like it was meant to be :)

So the date is reset to lunchtime on Sat 28th July.

Thanks heaps fellas, I appreciate you working with me on this one, it helps me out a lot. :wub:

AA.

i dont want any special acceptions, but yeah i agree it would be better to put it off so AA can heal up better. 2-3 weeks from now is fine with me if next weekend is out.

so yeah... best to put it off i think too, so ive canciled my ticket, which set me back a little, so in a few weeks id be able to try this again EASIALLY!

maybe easier than i think if my evil sinister plans go well...(cackles in an evil tone as thunder erupts in the background). so yeah, i think we scrap this weekend and spend a few weeks sorting out whats best for all.

if everyone decided this weekend suddenly in the next few hours please let me know LOL.

to begin planning and date sorting....27th - 29th this month or 3rd - 5th next?

Yeh works great for me too, i'll actually be there this time. Just look for the young bastard that doesn't have 10 hairs on his chin and you'll know it me lol.

Oh what camping gear do guys have coz i have heaps of camping gear here like a propane light and stuff if people would like me to bring anything.

Ergo, that kind of stuff is always welcome, particularly lighting, shelter and HEATING. :lol:

No worries i'll bring some stuff anyone want me to bring a camping barbeque so we can have a bbq guys?

Edited by ergoamide

We are pretty well coverd with gas stoves but if you have the room your more then welcome to bring anything you like :)

tarn/kaktus some of the most beautiful gestures/kindness i have evr seen seen emanating from a human have come from u,i truly believe u have a beutiful soul im oft bewilldered at camp of what a kind and caring soul that u are.

my only fears are outburts directed at me duringa fragile psychadelic state that i will be in, ive had enough stress of late to be able to deal with that.

the only concern about alcohol intake there is, is out of a genuine concern for you and ur health.

Id love to come and have a sober chat with u, as i always do. Ur a great guy tarn, and if u can avoid getting to sloshed id love to be there with u, otherwise im gonna hafto make a miss from this one.

plus the thoughts of the camp turning into a moonshine drinkathon is totally unatractive.

my only fears are outburts directed at me duringa fragile psychadelic state that i will be in, ive had enough stress of late to be able to deal with that.

the only concern about alcohol intake there is, is out of a genuine concern for you and ur health.

Id love to come and have a sober chat with u, as i always do. Ur a great guy tarn, and if u can avoid getting to sloshed id love to be there with u, otherwise im gonna hafto make a miss from this one.

plus the thoughts of the camp turning into a moonshine drinkathon is totally unatractive.

Wise words Jono. I agree 100% Alcohol is an ugly companion, :wub:

Fantastic.. I should be able to make it now. Looking forward to going back to that campsite. That place is so lush :)