The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderIdeal

fxck flouride

that's EXACTLY what i'm talking about.

surely there is some way to bring better dental health to the sons and daughters of trash, that does not involve poisoning the water supply.

watch the clip. this concerns america of course but check it out...

it's toxicity is just above that of lead, and just below that of something else... arsenic? i forget.

the acceptable consumption rate (or something... probably the same as our Maximum Residue Limits or our No Observable Effect Limits) was unexplainably high compared to lead and arsenic.... at four parts per million.

the speaker is basically saying that figure should be one part per million, and i think he says even at that rate it is not good.

children in america actually have dental PROBLEMS as a result of too much flouride during their development.

"so many good willing people stand up for water flouridisation."

im fxcking sick of it. people who can't raise a kid properly are no excuse to poison my water. your dental fees are no excuse.

if anything, put a massive tax on candy, like we do on alcohol and cigarettes. all candy, all softdrink, anything with sugar. subsidise toothbrushes, toothpaste.

it's insane.

fucking hicks, brush your teeth every coupla weeks.

hang on... did i just miss your stone-faced humour, or are you really a toothless hick derivative?

no, i wasnt being humorous...I didnt watch the link, but fluoridated water has been shown to dramatically reduce tooth decay amongst populations that consume it. It should be present in water at such low levels that it does not pose any risk to health. Illness relating to tooth decay is probally far greater than that of fluoride poisoning.

Just for the record, I have brushed my teeth everyday of my life (except for the odd hard night, where all I could do is pass out).

A common cause of fluoride poisoning is over consumption of toothpaste by children (from eating) should toothpaste be banned?

I very much understand your concern about mass forced medication, but weighed up against the benefits, I personally think it is beneficial.

Edited by shroomytoonos

sorry i can only partly agree with that line of thinking

all it takes is to get your children to swallow some toothpaste from time to time. you said it man, mass forced medication.

sorry i can only partly agree with that line of thinking

all it takes is to get your children to swallow some toothpaste from time to time. you said it man, mass forced medication.

its actually quite dangerous to have your children swallow toothpaste. It is ok that you only partly agree with my line of thinking... we all entitled to our own opinions... also, there is nothing wrong with tassie, its a great place. I didnt grow up in tassie, but a regional centre on the "mainland" :) ... which, for its size, is still a backwards little place, especially when something like 90% of the western world drink flouridated water (but of course, 85% of stats are made up on the spot)

Edited by shroomytoonos

It should be present in water at such low levels that it does not pose any risk to health.

it should be but how do we know? the link pretty much shows a doctor who works for the EPA saying that it isn't (that's in america)

he even says that a major reason for water flouridation is to disperse an unwanted industrial byproduct... like the thread here recently about unwanted tyres going into potting mix and garden mix.

i feel like i'm bashing my head against the wall on this one. no matter what i say ten people are gonna agree with you, if they bother to post.

its actually quite dangerous to have your children swallow toothpaste.

you know why that's okay? because you can buy flouride for children. it could be sent out to every home instead of john howard propaganda packs. i'm convinced this is a massive conspiracy, which gets all of this support because of the benefit to growing teeth.

it doesn't benefit adults in the slightest.

:) how is it a massive conspiracy? they chlorinate the water, which, I imagine is not great for your health.. Is your issue with fluoride being present, or lack of uniform ratios?

As can be seen with a large number of overdoses with paracetamol, it could be argued that not everyone is capable of responsibly medicating themselves and their family.

oh... sorry, I thought this conversation was about fluoride... not FLOURIDE, my mistake... I actually have no knowledge about the dangers and benefits of flouride. :)

Edited by shroomytoonos

being present! i have to assume that at the very least they are using uniform ratios... they certainly claim to take it seriously.

paracetamol... what the fuck? if i take a panadol it means that it's almost time to call an ambulance. how many times would you have to double the recommended dose to OD on paracetamol? if people fly in the face of common sense and poison themselves, it can at least be argued they mostly brought it upon themselves. i don't see why i am forced to be poisoned, and trust that the level of poisoning is beneath an accurate NOEL, because there is no simpler, safer, more effective way of maintaining dental health.

"oh... sorry, I thought this conversation was about fluoride... not FLOURIDE, my mistake... I actually have no knowledge about the dangers and benefits of flouride."

could the spelling be any less relevant? i don't know shit about fluoride but here's a start. the toxicity rating (whatever that is) of fluoride is above that of lead.

ok so additions of fluoride are thoroughly regulated and are beneath proven NOEL's, allow me to introduce the human fuck-up factor. like radioactive substances, they may be perfectly reasonable when everything goes right, introduce one tiny little fuck up and people die or get screwed up. how often has that happened you might be thinking, we've been using radioactive substances for years and all i've heard about is chernobyl - completely wrong. there have been dozens of incidences were people have died or received very harmful exposures to radiation, usually in industrial scenarios.

*holds out left hand* POISON

*holds out right hand* WATER SUPPLY

POISON

WATER SUPPLY

\

could the spelling be any less relevant?

the spelling thing was funny, admit it...

lol i honestly interpreted it is a smart mouthed comment and the smilie didn't help at all.

while not actually subscribing to the fluorination conspiracy i do find it interesting that fluoride is one ov the

strongest anti-psychotic substances known, and is contained in twenty-five percent of the major tranquilizers

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...405665fd315541b

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=14949

http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/health/fluoridefile.htm

Edited by nabraxas

yeah. fluoride in its various forms is toxic. but generally we ingest it in minimal ammounts, its generally children that have eaten toothpaste that will show symptoms of flurosis.

toxicity occurs at doses of about 5mg per kg of body weight. with water only having a few ppm of fluoride itd be hard to achieve using the drinking supply.

fluoride in its many forms is also found in pestisides, anti-biotics, cleaning products, diet supliments and chroming agents.

aspartime is far worse

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha your soooooo funny shroomy tones.

Im against fluridation, It affects the discition making parts of the brain. For gods sake, its NOT healthy to swollow fxing fluride jeez

it causes increases syrum levels in the brain of fetus's that cause hyperactivity

it reduces lipid synthesis in fetus during brain development

changes cerebrial vasculature in brain development

tsk tsk

Edited by Tepa

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha your soooooo funny shroomy tones.

thanks !!!!

Im against fluridation, It affects the discition making parts of the brain. For gods sake, its NOT healthy to swollow fxing fluride jeez

I can see that, even though I hope part of your mis-spelt sentence was on purpose... to be funny. I must admit that was sort of funny (if intended), I certainly didnt see that one on waynes world.

The thing with listing of effects of overdoses in substances is that almost everything in overdose has negative effects. This ranges from arsenic to vitamin C.

Edited by shroomytoonos

Man, we have fluoride threads here more often than Cereus peruvianus identification threads :/

People always feel compelled to post in News and Notices as if its some big secret that just broke and nobody knew about it :/

First of all, fluoride is not a substance itself, it's a whole class of compounds. So which is it ThunderIdeal? Are we using Sulfuryl fluoride which is a pesticide or the stuff they put in toothpaste and prescribe to babies in areas without fluoridated water (Stannous flouride)?

And what about all the areas in the world with naturally high fluoride levels in the water that have been studied, where nobody has increased disease rate of any sort, the only difference is lower incidence of tooth decay?

As for tepas list of out of context "facts", maybe you should read this (which has peer reviewed scientific material as the base for all of its text).

http://www.ada.org/public/topics/fluoride/...ation_facts.pdf

"I can see that, even though I hope part of your mis-spelt sentence was on purpose... to be funny"

LOL The Minister For Funniness convenes the hilarity.

People always feel compelled to post in News and Notices as if its some big secret that just broke and nobody knew about it :/

what i posted was current, and i trust the thread will be moved when it becomes stale. it doesn't directly relate to australia so i don't know what to draw from it, but here you have a doctor who works for the EPA saying "For gods sake, its NOT healthy to swollow fxing fluride jeez" if you can stay awake long enough during the video.

Not really current TI, the video is of an event that took place in June 2000.

http://www.actionpa.org/fluoride/hirzy.html

I don't know of Dr Hirzys motives, but I find it interesting that the study he quotes, aside from 0.13mg/kg IV injection of Sodium fluoride into dams (pregnant rats) (which he mentions), weanlings were given four 'controls' of fluoridated water; 0,75,100,125ppm for six or twenty weeks! Adult rats were given 100pm F for three weeks!

He does not mention this to the Senate Subcommittee at all!

The limit is set to 3ppm in the US.

Edited by apothecary

Oh, sorry, I should quote refs

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?c...p;dopt=Abstract

Neurotoxicity of sodium fluoride in rats.

Mullenix PJ, Denbesten PK, Schunior A, Kernan WJ.

Toxicology Department, Forsyth Research Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA.

Fluoride (F) is known to affect mineralizing tissues, but effects upon the developing brain have not been previously considered. This study in Sprague-Dawley rats compares behavior, body weight, plasma and brain F levels after sodium fluoride (NaF) exposures during late gestation, at weaning or in adults. For prenatal exposures, dams received injections (SC) of 0.13 mg/kg NaF or saline on gestational days 14-18 or 17-19. Weanlings received drinking water containing 0, 75, 100, or 125 ppm F for 6 or 20 weeks, and 3 month-old adults received water containing 100 ppm F for 6 weeks. Behavior was tested in a computer pattern recognition system that classified acts in a novel environment and quantified act initiations, total times and time structures. Fluoride exposures caused sex- and dose-specific behavioral deficits with a common pattern. Males were most sensitive to prenatal day 17-19 exposure, whereas females were more sensitive to weanling and adult exposures. After fluoride ingestion, the severity of the effect on behavior increased directly with plasma F levels and F concentrations in specific brain regions. Such association is important considering that plasma levels in this rat model (0.059 to 0.640 ppm F) are similar to those reported in humans exposed to high levels of fluoride.

Not really current TI, the video is of an event that took place in June 2000.

bugger me. one assumes the front page of a news website to contain current news.

:(