The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Importing Cultivated Cacti and Seeds

importing loph seed is a customs DRUG offence. you could get a criminal record for drug importation.

geez, Ace I keep getting the feeling your keen to get your hands onto something

And what would happen if you were accidentally sent something to your addy (a genuine accident) only to have customs come down on you for somethng that you'd never even heard of? Like a little old lady who had an ario or loph plant sent to their home addy without knowing it (or by accidental mis-addressing the package). Couldnt imagine customs/quarantine being too prick-like for genuine accidents. but it'd be a fine line between genuine and fake accidents...?

get someone to send some to your nana... and see what happens.

Thanks again Torsten.

Xipe - I think I'd rather keep my friends and family out of gaol, or at least keep their records clean and give the cacti a miss (unless someone changes the law). I'm sure there is more than enough lophies/cacti in Aus to get things pretty well diverse anyway.

Sorry to yet again dig this thread up, but I have a pretty serious interest in legally importing some clean-cut (unrooted and dirt-free) T. pachanoi crests. Could someone please provide information on what needs to be done to import some of this rare cultivar? Is it as simple as getting a CITES notice (from the place of export) and simply pick it up on import? I have many times gone over the info at the CITES and customs websites, but I find it extremely difficult to find a clear answer for such a process. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sorry to yet again dig this thread up, but I have a pretty serious interest in legally importing some clean-cut (unrooted and dirt-free) T. pachanoi crests. Could someone please provide information on what needs to be done to import some of this rare cultivar? Is it as simple as getting a CITES notice (from the place of export) and simply pick it up on import? I have many times gone over the info at the CITES and customs websites, but I find it extremely difficult to find a clear answer for such a process. Any help would be very much appreciated!

maybe AQIS can help you out?

you will need a CITES certificate as well as have an approved post entry facility receive your plants. they will have to stay there for 6 months. not cheap.

Thanks Torsten. This is the last time I re-open this thread, I swear :innocent_n: