The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KlUe

Iboga Documentary - Badongo Tribe in Gabon

Hi all,

Thought I'd post an interesting documentary I found about the peoples of the Badongo Tribe in Gabon, Africa.

They use Iboga in a very spiritual way, to cleanse and be reborn, and to understand their true selves.

Check it out here

Also, you can download the full video using this website, its worth it :)

Video Downloader

(I saved as an AVI, and it didn't play with Windows Media Player, but runs with VLC Player - get it at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)

Peace,

KlUe

Edit: I'll add that it is also quite depressing seeing how the peoples homes are being destroyed by logging....

Edited by KlUe

Klue, is that the one with the Pommy guy who visits the jungle and has his initiation with iboga? His ceremony lasts about 3 days - I watched it over the weekend - a very well done doco indeed :)

Havent seen this one yet, will do soon when uncapped.

there is also another doco about iboga called funnily enough iboga - Detox or die. pretty interesting.

Ace, are you talking about the one that near the end, the shaman does the flem ritual where he spits his flem into the pom guys mouth? cant remember what it was called.

Ace, are you talking about the one that near the end, the shaman does the flem ritual where he spits his flem into the pom guys mouth? cant remember what it was called.

Eeewww!!! No! :puke: Haha Nah, mine was called Tribes - the Bobongo of Africa, or something like that. He just met up with the tribe and lived with them for about 3 months, then they finally initiated him into their tribe with an iboga ritual lasting about 3 horrific days, then he was re-born a man and a member of their tribe. It was a really well done doco - I think I got it hardcopy from someone on these forums very recently. If I had a dvd burner, I'd spread the love, but I cant :( I'm sure it'd be downloadable somewhere :)

Klue, is that the one with the Pommy guy who visits the jungle and has his initiation with iboga? His ceremony lasts about 3 days - I watched it over the weekend - a very well done doco indeed :)

Yeah mate, thats the one. Done by BBC, very well done. Well worth the download!

That guy does some amazing documentaries. I beleive he has visited many tribes and lived/been initiated into their way of life. There is a whole series called 'Tribe' I think. I've seen two others, one on a Pacific island and another where he hunts and eats tarantulas in Cambodia. The iboga one is especially good but they are all very well done.

The documentary in which the man swallows the shaman's flem is Piers Jungle Trip or some such, I believe, and covers the authors journey to the Amazon and initiation with ayahuasca.

The documentary in which the man swallows the shaman's flem is Piers Jungle Trip or some such, I believe, and covers the authors journey to the Amazon and initiation with ayahuasca.

Yea thats the one i was thinking of. As disgusting as the flem thing may sound it really seemed to help, not only the guy going though the process but the lady that was with him that said she went though the same treatment and the flem seemed to really seal the deal, even more so then the ayahuasca experience itself.

Im sorry but thats just a bit much :puke: lol I can probably handle drinking camel piss, but to have another guy hock a golly down my throat - thats where I draw the line :P

Ace - don't judge what you don't understand. Unless you have seen the doco you could not know why this was done and the events that led up to that. Piers is a member here and if you are interested I am sure he can give you some more background on it. Watch the doco first though - he's a busy boy.

yachay is a very interesting thing practiced by vegetalistas and curanderos in the amazon. some say that the giving of yachay shoudl only be given by teh spirits of the plants while others take it from the curandero himself like in teh documentary. they also say that if you take the magical phlegm from another person there are all sorts of dangers, one being if the person initiate doesnt follow the strict guidelines of dieta this can come back and effect the curandero as they are bonded by the phlegm, also the iniate can also be controlled by the curandero so you woudl want to make sure the curandero doestn practice any brujeria.

it is best to take the magical phlegm from the spirits i beleive. the magical phlegm will sit int eh stomach and it is the curandero;s arkana, the vegetalista will take tobacco juice to call up the phlegm, in the plane it is a pleghm that can have a range of colors but int eh spiritual realm it is a more vibrant spirit force which the vegetalista can send out to fight battles to search for things and to aid in healing. plus so much more.

to most western minds this whole idea of magicval phlegm is quite disgusting but really it is not so. its yoru perception i spose or perspective and understanding.

i fidn the magical phlegm really interesting and i once wrote a section from vegetalista by luna over at EGA but i am sorry i didnt do ti here as it woudl still be here for you to read.

Piers

Ive been wanting to send him a small donation, where should it go to?