The Corroboree
Vertmorpheus

brissie people, Saturday 14th April

Free? At a loss? Wanting to get out of the house and go bother local plantlife? A few of us are meeting at Bellbird Grove, the Gap (brissie forest park) to catch up and have a look round, great spot for plantheads :D toilets n taps provided, barbies too if you're culinarily inclined. Lots of walking trails and native veg to check out. Feeling generous here so kava n dagga provided , of course that depends on numbers I don't have a bottomless bag of it (where's that bloody genii?). Bring whatever ya need, camera water and somethin to snack on I reckon, always got a first aid kit in my car but things don't eat me, so BYO bugspray if you get bitten on a lot.Recommend the camera though, place looks too nice to not get happy snaps of.Bring your seed, plants, or whatever else for tradin if you want... try to keep things a lil family friendly though :D Makes a nice day out to do the Cootha gardens in the morning, have lunch somewhere then spend the arvo at Bellbird.

Meeting from lunch onwards, call brisbane forest park headquarters for more specific info if you want (disabled access etc) or PM me if you get lost easily and need directions.Probably meet in the "middle left" carpark as you drive in (up towards toilet block, opposite playing field area, nearest to "toorbul trail", carpark slopes UP the hill whereas most are level).Failing that, look for the tall hairy shit with the silver commodore sedan.Trails around the grove feature different kinds of vegetation and "feel" so I'm sure we'll find somewhere to chill and yarn after that.I'll have my forest park ID book for those that just have to know what that tree is... :D

Hope to see ya there! Drinking all the kava myself if noone else shows :P

any questions, PM

GD

edit, forgot to say that while there is no pubtransport to the Grove itself, I think buses run to the BFP HQ on Saturdays... I'm sure some kind souls with cars could help out getting you from there to the Grove and back again if you have transport hassles.I can pick up a few on my way from NW brissie, as long as you're cool with my car being full of cocopeat crumbs and plant materials (think of it as a mobile compost heap).

Edited by greendreams

I'm interested in coming, only I can't promise anything. Will all depend on how much study I get done tomorrow and Sat morn... and if my car holds up for the trip

-bumpy

The next few saturdays are taken up for me unfortunately, its such a nice place out there!!! oh well, i have the rest of my life ahead of me :)

i intend to come by for a couple of hours, great choice of meeting spot B)

look forward to meeting some new faces, and possibly catching up with some old ones :P

CRAP!!! I have to look after my Mother...I could use an excuse to cut n boil... :BANGHEAD2:

if anyone needs a lift there or back let me know and ill see what we can do. Im coming from the north side but dont mind pickin people up if fuel is covered. :)

I may be able to come for a little while, how exactly do I get to the park? Is that near the top of Mt Cootha?

Wait i can make it, ill try to be there as close to 12 as possible!

Ah BUGGER! Can't make it today guys, got mind boggling family crap to sort out (lucky me!) Very,very sorry to all concerned... there might still be some chance of me showin but not a great deal of one. Next weekend for sure! If anyone stills interested that is... in the meantime, head up n check the grove out, great spot for an arvo out!

Fuckitall!There in spirit,

GD

edit...yep next satuday for sure...in the meantime, whoever asked, bellbird grove is best reached by goin up waterworks rd past the forest park HQ, then follow signs a lil after that, turn right , pretty easy to get there.

Edited by greendreams

tranDMT and myself were the only one's to make it, nice spot though would be great for future meets :)

hope noone arrived after 2, we went back to my place for a cuppa

catch ya next time ey greendreams ;)

glad someone got out there, and more than one of yez too! I got to cop the joys of soothing the mentally ill... usually fine, but when you're starting to make sure you actually have clean pants, large enough containers for water for kava, shaping up to be a beautiful day etc and then phone rings... well... not happy jan.

Hope you guys had a blast, THIS COMING SATURDAY I'll be up there with bells on , barring the end of the world or something... theres a few other niiice spots more rainforesty a lil bit further out.

sorry to all concerned, I feel like a total bastard but I'm happy someone met someone and had a decent afternoon!

take care all

GD

i think those two are already pretty well aquainted so new connections - zero!

better luck next week hey

id have been there cept not enough warning

and next week is too soon too

- i need 2-3 weeks advance

so i can palm off the kids to the olds and make sure work doesnt need me to do market stall days

Edited by Rev

damn.......all apologies, Im based pretty damn close but havent been following the posts........so i shouldve been there but anyways maybe next time......no word from my mate gomaos(who is allways generous in helping me get about )........so hopefully more attentiveness is in order...

im sure with a little more effort we could get a decent turnout......and yeah belbird park is a great venue...(i feel guilty!)

I got this on a bit late too....sorry GD :blush: , Id definately be interested iffin we can have another crack at it. Can help with the transport too.

AJ