The Corroboree
tardistestpilot

any body watching wilfred on sbs

If you wanna see a shining example of Australian cinema... look at one of Nicole Kidmans earlier Movies,

Watch the Shadows Dance

Aussie movie making at its awesomest

-bumpy

Guest onemind
if they're hardly known it usually means they are crap. Good comics become well known very quickly.

I disagree.

On a current affair last night (and i know the irony of talking about how shit tv is when watching such a crappy check book journalism peice as such), there was a segment on busking. They got australias best opera singer which people pay hundres of dollars around the world to come and see, australias finest classical musician, and a street busker with cheap party tricks and send them out into the streets of sydney to busk to see what the dumb herd masses think. The cheap trick guy made $125 and the 2 classy buskers made around $20.

My theory is that what is main stream, well known and popular is crap because the vast majority of people have no brains.

The quality stuff is always in small amounts because only a small percentaghe of the animal population on this earth is evolved enough to appreciate it.

Again, i equate all mainstream entertainment as dumbed down, censored shite.

And dont blame australias small population and LARGE relative budget for lack of talent. If we had such a small population and no money we couldnt brag about our gold medals in every sport competing with all the big countries.

Agree with onemind on Again, i equate all mainstream entertainment as dumbed down, censored shite.

Still havent seen it (missed this weeks) but next weeks episode looks funny as from the add,Wilfred gets an angry friend:! should be funny.

They got australias best opera singer

geezer, i recon both you & i would probably pay an opera singer to stop singing. Opera IMHO would have to be one ov the most elitest ov artforms (ie: only popular to a small group) & most ov it really is mind numbingly tedious.

So here we have a dichotomy, you say that popular like Kylie Minogue is crap & i say that selective like Puccini is crap.

like you said ages ago, maybe there really is no accounting for taste :wink:

Again, i equate all mainstream entertainment as dumbed down, censored shite.
yeah, but then i bet you never got to see The Pall Bearers Revue:
This show was not considered successful and attracted a record number of complaints ([1]) and has never been repeated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Sadowitz

^ read that to see how even the most outrageous underground comedians are given prime time TV slots.

Then check out his website:

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Edited by nabraxas

Guest onemind

You are right, home and away rox.

My bad..