The Corroboree
Cimora

Iboga?

Does anyone have any experience with ibogaine or iboga in treating addiction. I have been addiction to various things and while not addicted now, i have strong urges still..

You might also be interested in Kratom, Mitragyna speciosa (apologies if I spelt that wrong, it's been a while). Torsten stocks this plant which until recently was only available in Thailand where it is extremely illegal to export. Also since the 60s people have used many kinds of psychedelics (most often LSD) for breaking addiction, however this is an entirely psychological treatment, unlike iboga which seems to actually have some physiological impact on addiction from what I hear.

Actually there are similarities between LSD and iboga treatment. Both are complex indoles that act on the serotonergic system. These changes in neurotransmitter levels and the 're-wiring' of the brain hav been highly successful inntreating all sorts of addictions. Albert Hofman was doing a lot of research in Spain a few years ago with using LSD to treat alcoholism. Success rates at 12 months were in excess of 50%!!! I believe that this treat ment is also available in Switzerland (or at least it was a few years ago). To attribute this purely to psychological effects would be a little hasty.

Yup. Also, check out a book called "The Secret Chief"

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Chief-Reveale...3532&sr=8-1

Iboga is proving to be a wonderful counter-punch against addiction. :uzi:

Authorities are trying their beurocratic best to make sure this doesen't become a mainstream treatment.

They would lose so much money! And we can't have people healthy, well & drug-free.. They just don't create anywhere near as much money as a Methadone Dependant etc..

Basdards

Gives creedence to the old adage "We have seen the enemy, and it is ourselves" :slap:post-151-1223204035_thumb.jpg

post-151-1223204035_thumb.jpg

post-151-1223204035_thumb.jpg

Albert Hofman was doing a lot of research in Spain a few years ago with using LSD to treat alcoholism. Success rates at 12 months were in excess of 50%!!! I believe that this treat ment is also available in Switzerland (or at least it was a few years ago). To attribute this purely to psychological effects would be a little hasty.

I saw a documentary, I think it was 'psychedelic science' where they used LSD to treat alcoholism, one guy said that "god told him to stop drinking" that seemed fairly psychological to me but there could be more going on that I'm not aware of..

Also from one of the links posted by earthalchemist: "During his Ibogaine treatment he had a strong impression that if he continued drug use God would punish him. He remained drug-free for about thirty days, after which he increased his drug use over the next months and was retreated."

"Iboga is proving to be a wonderful counter-punch against addiction."

Are you sure about that? Have you tried it?? I like the way rkundalini worded it.. "iboga seems to actually have some physiological impact on addiction from what I hear."

This thread may interest you Cimora, good luck: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=18015

Edited by baphomet

Caapi & Psychotria ~ "Ayahuasca" and Lophophora ~ "Peyote" have also been used to treat many forms of addiction.

"Ayahuasca" is easily obtainable in most parts of the world, as is Trichocereus ~ "San Pedro" cactus (a "Peyote" subsitute). These two entheogenic botanicals would be good for you to look into.

Iboga is a little harder to obtain. Try getting a plant and growing it yourself (this in itself may help with your addiction, growing plants is a wonderful hobby!)

As Torsten added Iboga is likely more effective at curing addiction than the other entheogens, but some of the others, especially "Ayahuasca" and "Peyote" have also shown to be effective.

Edited by Teotz'

while ayahuasca, mushrooms and LSD can be great tools for addiction breaking, iboga I believe is in a class of its own in that regard. However, it is also a lot more dangerous and a lot more difficult.