The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

best stage to graft trich seedlings?

I have quite a few pedro seedlings that are just germinating and i'd like to graft a few onto some peres to speed up their growth and see what they look like. What stage is best for grafting them? should i leave them for a month or so and then graft? what is most succesful?

thanks

I to am in the same situation with a variety of Tricho seedlings and was wondering the same thing.

Anyone have some suggestions, personal preferences, advice...?

I havent tried any seedling grafts as yet, but I'd assume they would be fine from about 2-4wks + to graft to peres or even trichs.

I have been lucky enough to score a heap of different seeds, mostly trichs and I plan on trying a few grafts when my peres stocks rise a little (only a few atm :(). I'd be happy to do a write up on the progress of my attempts when they happen (could be a few months away yet :()

Anyone think 2-4wks + is still too early?

I havent tried any seedling grafts as yet, but I'd assume they would be fine from about 2-4wks + to graft to peres or even trichs.

I have been lucky enough to score a heap of different seeds, mostly trichs and I plan on trying a few grafts when my peres stocks rise a little (only a few atm :(). I'd be happy to do a write up on the progress of my attempts when they happen (could be a few months away yet :()

Anyone think 2-4wks + is still too early?

It is hard to say what is best. I have grafted 7 Day old seedlings and they have been fine ! One advantage of grafting a 4week old is that it is much easier to handle and therefore graft sucessfully. Peres seem to take fairly easily especially with trichs but there is definetly heaps to learn. Good luck !

Most important is that both stock and scion are in active growth.

If you have pereskiopsis that are kicking along, and tricho seedlings that have shown aereoles with no signs of slowing growth, then you are ready for grafting.

• Like 1