The Corroboree
Coschi

Cannabis harvesting

could you please stop calling it mj?

Marijuana is a term invented by evil cia/fbi agents...

it's

cannabis

thats a stupid name, i would have called it chugalugga

Edited by shroomytoonos

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Shroomy, thanks mate, that was so funny,

I really needed a laugh and that was just the right medicine.

cheers, Obtuse

i have only skimmed through the previous posts, so excuse me if it has been mentioned before....

about when to harvest, 50% brown pistils is an ok indicator, however, in short early harvest will produce an rather uplifting stone and very late harvest a send you to sleep stone. i don't use mj anymore, but i only liked buds which gave me a boost of energy, meaning early haverest. but yours might need another few weeks, as too early is a very wastefull procedure.

a good methode is to take the top (most matured buds) off and let the rest of the plant flower for another 2 weeks.

than harvest the whole plant, leaving a few bottom tips.

now put the plant under 24h of artificial light, or better sunlight during the day and artificial by night.

after a while the plant will turn into vegetative growth form, getting big fan leaves again.

once it's big enough, you leave her outdoors and she will flower again.

if you plan it right, by than spring will have returned with long daylight photoperiodes, so she will start growing vegetativly again, getting big leaves and growing fast.

after 3 months or less, she will be ready to flower again (the 3rd time!!) around this time of the year the days are too long to make her flower, so you have to carry the plant everyday into a totaly dark space (garden shed) and again she will flower. than just leave her outdoors and she'll fatten up again for some winter/fall flowering.

ater 3 times flowering most plants get a bit too old and you let them die.

but this doesn't matter as you would have taken cuttings of your best plants (take cuttings when the plant grows vegetavly)

another thing to remeber is that male flowers on female plants produce 100% female plants only.

we don't talk hemaphrodites, they would produce shit seeds, only genuine female plants which produce just a few male flowers (mostly at the bottom) will produce all female seeds.

once your dope is cured, store it in the freezer.

never buy dope as commercial growers use chemicals to make ther bud's heavy, and this silica fucks up your lungs.

smoke that makes you cough is not good, even very very strong smoke can be smooth to smoke!!

if you take a lot of cuttings you can produce a lot of small plants, which hardly anybody will recognize, meaning you can risk to plant them out where ever you feel it's appropiate.

never sell your dope, chances are you haven't grown enough anyway to supply your own habit, meaning you will have to buy more because you sold your own, thinking you will have a surplus.

and rule nummber one, don't talk to anybody about what you are doing.

we know it's hard not to share your excitement with your friends, but if nobody knows, trouble will never happen, believe me!

BlackDragon's advice is spot on :)

Well worth the wait of a good cure ;)

Thankyou planthelper!! :worship:

in fact thankyou everyone :)

This thread is going to the printer right now!

Damn some good info there PH, gotta love male bannannas on a female!

just a few more ideas...

4 different methodes of growing:

1, outdoors in the wild. go and look for a lantana scrub, preferreable next to a waterway. tunnel through the lantana using secateurs, but leave a door made out of vegetation wher you enter the tunnel. basicly the door is a bush which you pull aside to enter your tunnel. once you tunneled far enough (no need to over do it, just make sure the area can't be seen from anywhere) you rip out all the lantana and create a clearing for your plant's!! some locations in costal high rainfall areas are so good all you need to do is to plant out and to harvest! no need to visit in between. sometimes plants like this can get 3 or more metres high and you never had to care for them!!! when planting out, don't plant out plants which have been in a pot for too long. don't think the bigger the plant is when planting out the better, as it's very important that the taproot hasnt started going in circles in the pot yet. use deep pots when raising, but the whith is not important. like this the taproot will go straight down and find the moist soil. unless you use all female seeds or cuttings, you have to visit the location thogh a few times to get rid of the males. or you plant only one plant per clearance, but this means more work.

sometimes you find a spot wher you can wade in a waterway and than establish a clearance next to the embankment and go ther once in a while an use the water for irrigation.

2, outdoors but at your home. here it depends on your circumstances how well you have to hide your plants...

as mentioned, small plants get often overlooked, and you can plant out more to compensate for size if needed.

a very good methode is to hide the plants in one type cornferious tree, they have such a dense foliage on the outside, but can be easely climbed if some branches get cut. one can climb them without beeing seen!! somewhere close to the top you cut away some branches to let all days sun in. make it so that the area can't be seen from ground level. than you just tie big pots with ropes to the tree. this methode is very, very save but only if you tell nobody about it, and can save you a lot of money.

3, indoors vegetativ grow chamber, 4 standard fluro grow lamps 24/7 or even 18h a day.

thats where you strike your cuttings and grow your seedlings to ample size...

4, indoors flowering chamber, 250watts high pressure sodium lamp (no need for big lamps unless you want to grow for profit)

thats where you head your plants, with short photoperiodes!!

like this you avoid having to wait till a plant is ready to bud, as you have created an ongoing production which never shut's down.

an other option is to just have one indoor setup and to use this to grow vegetativly plants over the fall/winter /spring time and to put them outdoors to flower once they are big enough and than return them to the lights mimicing a long photoperiode.

and over summer you can use the chamber to bud plants, whilst they veg outdoors.

if you move plants from the artificial light into the sun you have to harden them out and gradualy give them more and more direct sun.

the possebileties are endless, one of my favorites is the plant in a pot suspended down behind a fence!!

this is a very good methode if you can't grow at home and live in a place without rual aspects.

what i mean is, first look for a high timber fence which faces the midday sun (notherly aspect in oz). naturaly behind the fence should be an area which has no accsess, like for example rail road embankments or similar. now at nightime just fit a big pot with rope and/ or wire and fix that behind the fence. make sure the methode of how it's held up is pretty well hidden from the front of the fence. anyway in short if you look out for aspects like said you will find them, all you have to do now is to go there once in a while and pour some water (and fert) over the fence into the pot(s). to make things easy you can suspend containers with water for storage aswell right next to your venture.

if the plant get's too big and is in danger of becoming visible just break her stems gently down a bit, or take an early leafy haverest. nothing feels better than growing your own, specialy if you grow it just behind halve an inch of timber behind a busy street!! nobody knows it's there, it's yours, and it saves you a lot of money.

Edited by planthelper

Awesome gourilla gardening tactics there PH - your right - there are some amazing possibilities with plants in unusual situations :lol:

a little bit off topic but i want to go for a chopper ride over the mountains and bomb all the lush gulley's with kilo's of seed.

i wanna see weed growing wild. it would cause some issues with people growing weed in the bush due to wild male flowers inseminating peoples crops. but wild weed would be wicked just the same!

I like your thinking paradox - it would be awesome to see a valley or plain covered in wild plants - even if the boys in blue decided to burn them, if there were enough, you could probably get neighbouring towns high :P

And if there is enough, would they be forced to legalise it? Would it become a threat for native species of flora and fauna? Or would the hippies and stoners keep populations under control? :bong:

actually its listed as an australian weed and supposedly grows wild around river banks throughout victoria, or so ive read. :drool2::rolleyes:

Hmm, and its the right time of season for harvest? I think its time for a road trip to VIC!!! lol

I could imagine the weed grows fairly abundantly around oz, but the chances of finding such a crop would be next to nil...

actually its listed as an australian weed and supposedly grows wild around river banks throughout victoria, or so ive read. :drool2::rolleyes:

sweet!

it'd be full of seed but sweet to make hash from!

my dad has told me stories from the seventies, when it used to grow wild all around the place but the police did a huge crack down and weeded it all out. supposedly (according to my dad) there used to be huge burn off parties where the cops would burn the huge weed bonfires.

Hmm.. hey, my foaf fertilised about four days ago, a good feed of powerfeed and a good drenching with seasol, but those buds are looking mighty ready to be picked (50% at least)

if the top-most buds are picked today, is that too soon to her being fed? ie: flushing problem? Foaf really wants her to be as best top notch quality as possible.. better to wait a week or so?

I think your foaf might have made a mistake ferting this late - I doubt it would have been neccissary... No biggie tho - they will just have to wait if they want some cough-free smoke. I think a week would be sufficient, but 2 or more would have been ideal.

If they are already 50/50, I'd say ferting would have been out of the question about 3 weeks ago, but I think they could salvage the remaining bud with a very late harvest. Gonna be a couch locking stash tho :P

Crap!!!! She's being fed every two weeks standard, not with a huge amount of food just a good amount, she's really thirsty easily will drink 2 litres a day, and she's big (about 1.5 meters) so no problem using the food i believe... i think powerfeed and seasol are fast feed style ferts (rather than slow release pellets - wtf would i know) sooo perhaps not too bad?

Swim thought she still had time !!!! She's been holding off from browning for ages! Then all of a sudden bang 50/50 !! a week, ten days or so, should be ok... yeah?

yeah yeah??? :)

Should be all good champ - as you said, seasol and powerfeed are used very rapidly, so it should be ok :) They will need to give it a couple more days at least, but a week to 10 days should be pretty good. No biggie if there is a bit of nutes in the material, its just not going to be as good as very fine quality. But it certainly sounds like she has been pampered, so it'll still be of good to high quality. With practice, no doubt fine quality will come :wink: There's always next season :)

from what I understand seasol can make weed taste a bit off, a bit like it smells if you know what I mean.

IMO it should be flushed for a minimum of a week.

Mmm, fishy buds... :puke:

Thought i'd be nice enough to give you an update :)

As of today :

img0138uj5.th.jpg img0139ft9.th.jpg img0140co8.th.jpg

img0141ms1.th.jpg img0142dz7.th.jpg img0143qo8.th.jpg

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Damn, that looks beautiful! :worship:

Looking very much like the ideal to harvest IMO :)

Hey here's a question..

If person picked a bud from somewhere on that plant and microwave dried it (desperation) would the effects felt be pretty much the same as those when the buds are picked, dried, cured, etc.. or would the microwaving have perhaps damaged some, isomerised others, etc...

??

Hey here's a question..

If person picked a bud from somewhere on that plant and microwave dried it (desperation) would the effects felt be pretty much the same as those when the buds are picked, dried, cured, etc.. or would the microwaving have perhaps damaged some, isomerised others, etc...

??

Dont do it man, now is not the time for desperation.

Microwave changes everthing, and not for the better.

Damn shes a real fine girl, she fattened up nicely, I would wait another week with only water, then harvest those top colas, leaving the bottom ones to fatten up a bit.

U shouldnt worry bout tasting the seasol, Ive used it on herb to lettuce & never tasted anything.

Theres nothing like homegrown, I bet it will b the best smoke uve had hands down.

Congrats bro