The Corroboree
Shroomie the Shaman

Living a truly Shamanic lifestyle

I have a FOAF who has problems finding friends and like minds because of his beliefs. The best way to describe him is a Terrence McKenna like soul that lives by his own beliefs every day, most people think he's a little nuts, but then again he can see illness, auras and forthcoming events. This makes his beliefs undoubtable, espescially when he sees what you are wearing over the phone! Does anyone else know anyone like this, I think he needs help because he has very few friends from his lifestyle...he does not need psychiatric help, he needs like minds to talk to because he even talks to plants and "spirits" Can anyone relate to this? I mean, he grieved for months when Terrence McKenna died because reading his material made him feel related. He is VERY personal, and in this day and age, he does not find like minded souls anywhere, I mean, if he told the wrong person these things, he would be locked up in the psych ward! Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

your FOAF sounds alot like myself and some others in this community, tho most so still keep to ourselves generally to some extent, hence the pharse "hermit shaman". do to fear of ridicule alot do keep it to themselves. and yes, LOL sanity does come into it alot. best method is to assume there is some mental illness, have it examined atleast and try treatments, then re examine the situation. isolate the potential cause of the alladged mental illness and treat that directly as opposed to overal vague symptoms. i think there is a very very fine line between sanity, insanity and unsanity. and before one delelves deeper into practices one should atleast examine their mind and mental situation in an effort to bridge the gap between the sub-conscience and conscience minds.

from what you say in your post i have to say that i personally, and lot of others here, can relate to your FOAF's situation

hence the pharse "hermit shaman".

Whilst phonetically agreeable, the correct spelling is 'farce'.

best method is to assume there is some mental illness,

Please understand that what you read in response to your open, honest statement Shroomie, you should not consider it 'gospel'. As a public forum, there are many opinions, and Amute's is but one. Self-discovery is the key here. No gods, no messiahs. It IS ok to be 'different' to mainstream society. Please don't assume yourself to be mentally ill just yet. The registered psychologists will only tell you to drop the substances quick smart.

i think there is a very very fine line between sanity, insanity and unsanity

And if we're lucky, we can sometimes observe quotes outside of the Simon Posford context.

StS, you're only an outsider to the mainstream, remember that. There's no law that dictates how you should feel about your life and the beautiful essence that your existence brings to this planet. You will find like minds here, but remember that not everyone is holding they ultimate key. That is within yourself.

you raise some valid post, yes thisis a pubic forum and in reguards to spiritual matters nothing is gospel but ones own path, but i dont know why you qouted to as if you were under the impression ithink differently. i have never said anythingi say is gosple, just done exactly what everyone else does and give my opinion, what works for me wont always for another but voice what worked for one can help another make their own decision.

i totally agree that self discovery is the key, hence to atleast get a professional opinion in reguards to ones mental state. know your mind, know your drug, know your body. maybe i should not have used the word assume, perchance consider it as an option would have been more appropriate.

and in all honesty, tho you do raise somevalid points, you do somwhat provide example as to why majority of those here will keep the spiritualism private and are relucant to discuss it. its rather self evident.

but to sum up my post Shroomie, yes make your own decision but do it with your opinion from what you have learnt yourself. and dont let people repress you into not expressing yourself due to fear of ridicule only because some may think an ideal different to their own is for their entertainment. there are alot of loving, open minded and accepting people here once one extends past the internet forums.

but to sum up my post Shroomie, yes make your own decision but do it with your opinion from what you have learnt yourself. and dont let people repress you into not expressing yourself due to fear of ridicule only because some may think an ideal different to their own is for their entertainment.

you have inspired me amulte.... EVERYBODY.... I root Goats!!! and I am no longer ashamed of it!!!

:scratchhead: You really worry me sometimes Shroomy - not sure if its your warped sense of humour or you are in fact :wacko: ...

:scratchhead: You really worry me sometimes Shroomy - not sure if its your warped sense of humour or you are in fact :wacko: ...

dont be worried ace, I just think im funny is all

LOL, it gave me a giggle ;)

I root Goats!!! and I am no longer ashamed of it!!!

I should have guessed

Thank you all for making me realise there are many "hermit Shamen" and I think I have finally found the place to freely express myself, you are right , I am only outside the mainstream, but if I was sitting in my loungeroom chatting to those of you who have replied, I would just be one of the group.

As you can see I am relatively new to this forum, but after reading these replies, I see we are many...I have had my mental condition examined and my mind is working the same as everyone elses, I just have different beliefs. :lol:

Edited by Shroomie the Shaman

Shroomytoons, If we are going to be that open...I have adjusted the colour on my television so everyone looks green because I prefer it that way, I often just go into cafes and restaurants to ask everyone if I can have their parsley garnish, I once finished the "99 bottles of beer" song (alone) and I have to masturbate if I even catch sight of any tender young barnyard animal...you my friend are sick, I would never actually have sex with one, that's just WIERD!!! :wink:

excellent to hear :D sorry if i caused offence to you with the suggestion to examine your mental health. as you have probably found out people will often doubt ones mental clarity when making statments about different ideals, so its best to rule that out 1st. i wasnt questioning your sanity LOL

im sure i speak for all when i say i think youll become a most welcome addition. and id suggest you try and make some of the meets local to you as thats the best way to find out for sure ;)

EDIT - ROFLMAO!!! @ the sicko shroom's, ill just keep convincing myself itself its sarcasum and not and meeting of Goat lovers anonymous. LOL

Edited by Amulte

Happy Sunday Fellow Goatlovers, remember its worth paying extra for those longhaired swedish ones...

Shroomy, I keep meanin to PM ya but since your going "public" i'll do the same... I actually ended up chattin to ya for a few hours one night maybe a year or so ago in Yahell...I'm the bastard that said "male and you wouldn't want me I'm all hairy and smelly and shit" haha... about the only practical element of the discussion was the possibility of the cactus from someone you know for the box of ex CSIRO labware I have no use whatsoever for (this place looks much nicer with the roof on).... anyway man, you spoke gold and didn't sound any crazier than me... remember there is no real social niche for those like us, even vageuly like us, particularly as males livin in a redneck wonderland... all that really "matters" is our opinion on dam levels, supercars and the ass on that *perves until nearly driving off the road* ... start talking about ..well...just about anything of any spiritual merit and people start givin you The Look, or one of its variations (theres a shitload eh?).. we are only "wise" when some "normal" knowing deep down we're the ones to have a chat to decide to open up for hours on the bloody phone, taking everything in but putting none of it into practice.

Having a head full of what leaks from other people is fucking exhausting, if it wasn't for my family and my green family I'd be totally cracked. Moreso when anything you saya bout what you are pickin up from em just makes them feel deeply uneasy that you've nailed em that well when they weren't that sure themselves. (remembering bits from the early parts of the mel gibson flick what women want, haha)

We tend to look for images of ourselves in the eyes and minds and responses of others...becuae we know we can be biased in self reflection..forgetting usually that they have no real vested interest in what we are learning about ourselves...defining reality and "items" therein is all about edge interactions and contrasts... it can get pretty harsh sometimes when you realise just how misunderstood you can be by people that you want only the best for , in the sense of the global village... but sometimes I think its a case of fear of being understood too.What if we dumped all of what is inside "out there", and everyone understood just FINE they just still thought we sucked... that'd be a kick in the bum ..might be easier thinkin "if only they understood....".Just a thought, it's sunday and I'm hungry so don't expect much.

Anyway, just wanted to let ya know I deal with much the same shit, thankfully my family is very accepting of me ,my work means I get Left The Hell Alone most of the time, and my friends know the "depths" available inside me but don't feel they have much use for em... programming gets in the way for them, and thats fair enough.It can help to remember that when you verbalise what you know or feel about someone elses "state of being", well its a bit like getting keyhole surgery they weren't expecting and weren't sitting down for.Copping a swift biopsy from someone they're sharing a few pipes with. Healing usually hurts, or at least itches like hell for a while, and they flinch... later on they can realise what you said was veru helpful, but then real life intrudes, they forget it, forget to ask you more...whatever.. anything we really need to know, we seem to find out eventually...

You're a decent person from what I know, and know what works for you... but don't get too cut up in the times that you have as little idea about yourself as anyone else does about themselves. The day we get It All Sussed is the day we become very,very bored :D Hope ya start feelin a bit better about things... we picked a helluva part of the planet to be freaks in I tell ya. Thank gods for SAB :D

Wonderin if there'd be any merit in tryin to sort some kind of SEQ SAB gathering... buggers me where or when just a thought I had, we could all leave our houses and gardens knowing we'd be comin across at least a few people that weren't going to give us The Look that day hahaha.

be kind to yourself Shrumie,

GD

Greendreams, keep an eye out and youll catch the BrisEB meet threads... we already have meets.,

Mardigrass is another one.

good stuff, what kinda numbers at eb meets n is it a good outdoor space thing or an indoors thing...I know some kickarse likely locations if there's ever a shortage, nice rainforesty areas etc... was visualising more campfire chilling and yarning in general somewher eaway from street lights lol... guess if that's not the done thing it soon could be with enough interest.Not into the "convention" vibe personally..."Hi! My Name Is....." haha... I'll certainly keep an eye out though.

Been to nimbin once, it was appalling...so much hype realised as so much sadness, so many escape artists ... some cheaparse buds though, so not a total loss... but knowin that cash was turning into powders in the not too distant future put a damper on things.Like anywhere that gets any kind of press, the scum and cash lovin types just zoom straight in and fark it for everyone. Like the High soc at uq, great fun til the goons in polo shirts appeared out of the woodwork.

stay green haha

GD

was visualising more campfire chilling and yarning in general somewher eaway from street lights lol..

GD

thats no good, as I hear it is usually held in a back alley, standing around a fire which has been lit in a 44 gallon drum...

thats no good, as I hear it is usually held in a back alley, standing around a fire which has been lit in a 44 gallon drum...

LOL shhh youll give it away LOL

I think I have started a thread that really needed to be started! Anybody reading this thread, fear not, "spill the beans" as they say and then we can all feel more comfortable and less alone...i.e: Had a cup of "tea" the other night and could see the like minds, like white glowing threads waving around with nothing to link up to. I tried my best to work the invisible landscape and join a few together, one instantly came to me and it was completely overwhelming and I don't even know who it was (it was coming from down south up to the gold coast) It was like this lonely strand desperatley searching soul, and when I drew it in...BAM!!! :blink: So, we are many, I have seen, but linking up with just one was very demanding as it felt more alone than I was!

As shroomytoons said to me..."like will attract like" so nobody be afraid or classified as "mentally ill" anymore. Terrence McKenna once said we are headed for an "archaic revival" but it won't happen by itself...fellow lightworkers, time to pull the finger out and "let's get it started!" B)

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that anyone that has knowledge of any of these "gatherings" on the Gold Coast please p.m me as it would be greatly appreciated...

:wink:

The beans generaly arent secret ones my friend :), there are lots of getherings going on both publicly and privately, there are threads about all the nth-east coast gatherings planed at the moment and once you have met some more people, made some more posts and spent some more time on the fourms youll naturaly get invited to more convergances and meeting of the minds.., :wink:

I think there havent been any gatherings on the GC so far because not to many people live down this way and the last time I tried to organamize one it ended up turning into something else all together but Im sure we can get one going in time if we try.

There is the Mardigrass gathering, the regulars camp and the briz-EB gathering, so maybe we can do one a couple of months after that? (Ill update the calander tomorrow if I can remember)

Have a search around the forum, I think its probabaly all in "News&Notices" and "Chill-Space"?

Bugger that, 44 gal drum in a paddock somewhere , best of both worlds :D Once had a great night watching meat-eaters soldering on with beef cooked over a drum that hadn't had the paint burnt off it yet...Wasn't meaning to sound...antielitist (lots of better words for that but don't get me started now). Just wondering if now n then ppl relaxed enough to just get blasted in a civilised sense without wondering who the dog is and what is that guy looking at :D pickanick baskets and speakin shit :D Having ended up on the "inlist" of a few freaky forums (usually until I work out they're deluded rather than entertaining), gatherings seemed to end up being at some cheaparse conference space, some nutcase's house with secret passwords and lots of shiftiness, or some property half a lifetime's drive from anywhere that anyone would actually live.Some have combined all the above elements, talk about FUN with a capital Fuck This...I used to get to woodford folk fest a lot and caught up with a lot of people afterwards, turns out the peace n love n light routine wears off pretty quick once you get back into traffic, dreddlocks or not.Djembes Anonymous meetings...nothing against djembes, but I'm sure yez know what I mean...stick to the dreaming fest now, get a lot less in the way of weekend hippies and mugpunters clutching bourbon n coke cans.

Might look into a public but not so public space and whoever turns up turns up. Then the paranoid types can relax as half the narks will be too busy taking notes on the other half to care about the handful of us talking about traffic on the way up and how beer tastes better outside.Must be somewhere suitable, I know these here hills pretty well... might be able to have a good yarn without driving to Ballina or wherever :P Wouldn't be TOO far from Cootha, but over the back of it a ways to get away from Old Ethel and her Secret Secateurs etc...Gardens are great but I go there a LOT (ok, usually with MY secret secateurs haha). I know some great spots in the rainforesty - wet eucalypty bits past there for those not allergic to shredding brakepads on the way back down the hills haha.

happy campin, remember, as I was told one night deeeep inside hillbilly territory.... if it sounds like a human rustling in the bushes, it's not the kind of human you really have to worry about :P

GD

Edited by greendreams

:o You guys are all crazy...j/k (LMFAO!!!) :wink:

Yes, you have finally figured out that you are the only sane one... congratulations! ;)

GreenOsiris sounds like maybe he has all the answers... perhaps we should consider his advice gospel?

Yes, you have finally figured out that you are the only sane one... congratulations! ;)

GreenOsiris sounds like maybe he has all the answers... perhaps we should consider his advice gospel?

O.K...If this classes as sane (been away GD and others...) then I hereby declare sanity as a Social disorder! Watched the lunar eclipse the other night, sat on the beach with others coming for a quick look, looking at me like "freak" saying it's too cold and going inside, call me archaic but to me a lunar eclipse has to be sat through to benefit from its cleansing properties!!!