The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
stonewolf

wow, extreme christianity really is as bad as i thought.

^ & to add to Anodyne's point, i hear that some ov the US states aren't going to license that vaccine for cervical cancer as their christian leaders believe it will encourage promiscuity...... :angry:

i hear that some ov the US states aren't going to license that vaccine for cervical cancer

You hear wrong.

The vaccine is not for cervical cancer, its for a form of HPV that is a major cause of cervical cancer. This is a entirely preventable sexually transmitted disease and the vaccine is brand new and not all of its side effects are known. Moreover those states are not refusing to allow the vaccine, the debate is if they should make it a legal requirement for people to get the vaccine, ie. refuse for any reason (religion, concern over vaccine saftey, not needing it because your a celibate nun who knows kung fu, etc) and you (or your parents if your under 18) go to jail, are fined, or are given the vaccine by force against your will- possibly a combination of two or more of those. If you think I'm being over dramatic children are routinely abducted by the police and are forced to receive chemotherapy because the parents, after weighing the pros and cons, told their doctor they wanted to try 'alternative' treatment first.

I'm against laws that would have a cop hold a gun to my head while a government doctor forcibly gives me a inadequately tested vaccine for a 100% preventable disease. If I were a woman I'd almost certainly get the vaccine... if it were optional, however if it were required by law I'd chain myself to the flag pole outside the state capital and chant protest slogans until I was arrested.

children are routinely abducted by the police and are forced to receive chemotherapy because the parents, after weighing the pros and cons, told their doctor they wanted to try 'alternative' treatment first

For real?! Where'd you read this?

Ok i heard wrong about the states, but there does appear to be a christian backlash against the vaccine, for the most pigheaded ov reasons:

This controversial vaccine has set off a firestorm from the Christian right who view the vaccine as a license for promiscuity. The Chicago Tribune reported that "conservative groups promoting abstinence say they will fight recommendations that children get shots," while the Los Angeles Times warned of a "clash between health advocates ... and social conservatives."

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/pbcs.d...1190/OSHopinion

Its fairly common, every few months the medium and small scale papers will report on an instance of it, a few times even larger papers have reported on it. Heres a few that were reported on by multiple papers, you can find many more via google.

Example

Example

Example

Example

The last one is a fine example of how this isnt 'in the interest of the children' because, while the parents were only threatened with a court order to force them, they were lied to about the efficacy of the chemo the doctors wanted to perform which in reality had already been proven NOT to work and they were intentionally prevented from choosing a treatment that was more effective.

RIP Alexander

Barney.jpg

This is how my government works.

Are you talking about the folks running the website, or the Huichol Indians?
I'm talking about any group that is so convinced about their own superiority that they feel that they must force everyone else to become like them. In this case I'm talking about the folks running the website. Here is another example (quote taken from article found at: http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096414599 ) of how persistent some evangelists are:

Locally known as ''Hallelujahs,'' the evangelists arrived in Huichol territory in the 1990s, flying into the back country because there were no roads. In 2001, banned by pueblo authorities, they hired airplanes to fly over and drop portable radios tuned to a Los Angeles station that broadcasts Christian sermons. Community authorities gathered up the radios and destroyed them.

That, IMO, is a form of terrorism.

Edited by liftyourskinnyfists

:blink:

Thanks Auxin. That is some disturbing shit.

As I was reading through the articles I came across some stuff about the HPV vaccine. Apparently Texas Governor Rick Perry accepted a $50,000 bribe from Merck to make the vaccine mandatory. Merck would stand to make billions if it was made mandatory across America.

Its fairly common, every few months the medium and small scale papers will report on an instance of it, a few times even larger papers have reported on it. Heres a few that were reported on by multiple papers, you can find many more via google.

Example

Example

Example

Example

The last one is a fine example of how this isnt 'in the interest of the children' because, while the parents were only threatened with a court order to force them, they were lied to about the efficacy of the chemo the doctors wanted to perform which in reality had already been proven NOT to work and they were intentionally prevented from choosing a treatment that was more effective.

RIP Alexander

Barney.jpg

This is how my government works.

i looked at 1st example, that is fucked

people are just disgusting creatures....that's all there is to it.

anyone seen "saved"? i havent but i've heard bad things....

If you think I'm being over dramatic children are routinely abducted by the police and are forced to receive chemotherapy because the parents, after weighing the pros and cons, told their doctor they wanted to try 'alternative' treatment first.

Have you heard of any cases of the same thing being done to adults who refuse treatment?

Have you heard of any cases of the same thing being done to adults who refuse treatment?
No, I cant recall hearing that happen to any adult not in prison, not in military service, and whom the state could not argue that they were mentally unsound. Thats not to say it doesnt happen, just that if it does its not deemed 'news worthy'.