The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DocAzz

Sightings

I just got a phone call - It's fly agaric season in the Blue Mountains. "they're as big as CDs!" He said!

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos :)

Already?? Looks like it might be a bumper season..

Interesting...

It definately has started out to be what looks like a potentially very good season coming our way, and quite an early start too.

Although we all know how unpredictable the weather can be, none the less it's been good so far!

Will probably go check out the mountains sometime next week.

Edited by Ayahuascara

if only transport was easier for me :BANGHEAD2: i missed last season and have been after some for a while

just got out of blue mountains myself (walked katoomba to janolan) and can confirm that the fly's are going banana's, honestly bigger than cd's (20cm's across) and absolutly littered across the pine plantation floor, an incredible sight to be in the presence of. also have pics but not home for a week.

there was that down poor mon/tue and overnight rain since so nice and moist the way we like it.

so many species i have never seen and also in abundence, a beggining mycologists heaven, vic has nothing compared to you guys, anyone got a room to rent? :wink:

"i'l be back" (in austrian accent)

some photo0s of agarics I found in NZ around xmas, about 2 months early there too

post-762-1173521099_thumb.jpg

post-762-1173521287_thumb.jpg

Ok the pics are in.

I'm told more will be sprouting soon... He's going to harvest the 'open' ones tomorrow.

They cover the ground like a red blanket in parts of Oberon, so we shall go for a road trip in a month or so.

Anyone up for a psilocybe hunt in the Blue Mountains soon? My mate (with the Agarics next door) lives in Wentworth Falls. He's keen for a trip too.

The first one was plucked two weeks ago, and has been kept in a brown paper bag in the fridge. The wife nearly put it on a pizza without realising! :drool2:

l_d3a9dba0743f2b455fd3ffaf2fc65e32.jpg

l_c4f9d62b914f1d16356e767815ff9f77.jpg

l_a622a0c9b8686b5bfbe53e84c71f57a4.jpg

l_08875b450c7f07b9e8317e2860905b7d.jpg

l_18c38a22431c5089de80f9ef2968b445.jpg

l_846555b15775bae361bf199f6d5e1506.jpg

l_8de90df93f95c0ef0e0911ac14c88cb4.jpg

l_930dac60744a81ba975844667cf6ef2d.jpg

big as cds.....down here theyre bigger than dinner plates sometimes....

"anaaaace!"

-borat

Wow,

Lovely pics .... they are very nice.

They are just so magical looking.

Thanks for posting them.

cheers, Obtuse

just got out of blue mountains myself (walked katoomba to janolan) and can confirm that the fly's are going banana's, honestly bigger than cd's (20cm's across) and absolutly littered across the pine plantation floor, an incredible sight to be in the presence of. also have pics but not home for a week.

c'mon endo! give us the pics :worship:

Well, all these agaric sightings coupled with the recent rain sound promising, especially considering what a dreadful season we had last year. Azz when are you thinking of going hunting? I was planning on giving it at least another month or more, to be sure. we have a neighbor's front yard here in Sydney that also gets completely carpeted by agarics (until he takes the mower to them). They start to pop up later down here - usually when the agarics start to come up in Sydney it's sub time in the mountains! :)