The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Non-fogging intoxicants

Lately I've been wondering: just what do we have available to us as legal, non-hallucinogenic, natural intoxicants which give recreational value such as euphoria and sedation but do not dull or confuse the mind?

Not long ago for the first time in a year I smoked some marijuana, not much but it was strong, and I got just so godawful stoned that I couldnt even comprehend the first 3 minutes of a fairly simple movie- I ended up watching cartoons and trying to keep myself from drooling. Thats not what I want :lol:

After that I prepped a good batch of Heimia myrtifolia smoke. It was pleasant- euphoria, sedation, ease of entertainment, and I could comprehend movies... but again I noted a distinct dulling of the mental faculties. That got me to thinking, all the legal non-hallucinogenic intoxicant drugs I have on hand (with the possible exception of mesembrine bearing succulents which I havent tried yet cause I dont like speedy stuff) also degrade the minds ability to think complex thoughts ranging from the mild dulling effects of stuff like moderate doses of Heimia spp. or active Lactuca extracts to outright deleriants.

Whats the go, man? Are there non-dulling ones that I simply havent got around to trying yet?

hmmm, its a tricky one, I haven't tried that many herbs so my experience is limited. However, its ironic you've dismissed sceletium, as this is the only one I can think of in terms of not dulling the mind.

Smoking sceletium will generally avoid the stimulating effects, Herbalistics extract works perfectly for this

IME oral sceletium has a stimulating effect akin to being excited about something, abit different and milder to the usual speedy feeling from other substances - the stimulation wears off after a few hours and the other effects remain.

hmmm, its a tricky one, I haven't tried that many herbs so my experience is limited. However, its ironic you've dismissed sceletium, as this is the only one I can think of in terms of not dulling the mind.

Smoking sceletium will generally avoid the stimulating effects, Herbalistics extract works perfectly for this

IME oral sceletium has a stimulating effect akin to being excited about something, abit different and milder to the usual speedy feeling from other substances - the stimulation wears off after a few hours and the other effects remain.

Yeah I've got some of the scelly extract from herbalistics. Whats the recomended dosage ? I broke off a bit about 3 times the size of a match head and disolved it under my tongue. Noticed the slight speedy effects which lasted about 45 min to an hour but after that nothing.

hmmm...coca?

Smoked kanna defiantly comes to mind first maybe also blue lotus.

and also Saffron and khat but both the later can have stimulating effects.

on another front, the thebaine derived opiates would be close to the desired effects you described.

I tried Herbalistics lotus extract which was a very mild high - good to relax with :)

Interesting, I didnt know smoking Sceletium bypasses much of the stimulant property. I have a bunch of D. bosseranums on hand, I'll put that on my list :)

I have heard good reviews of blue lotus, but never specifically if it dulls the mind or not- good to know :)

What about Papaver rhoeas (Red Poppy)? I've repeatedly heard of it having interesting synergies with other plants and after sitting on the seeds for several years I'm going to remember to grow it this time :lol:

I think you would be mostly limited to mild starting material or low doses??, unless your using ether or oxy. :P

after second thoughts,i might also add,

mild doses of kratom and the less sedating kava, like fiji kava, would be almost ideal, where legal.

p.s I prefer D.bosseranum over a sceletium fermentation, or a mixture of the two.

Harry, i'm surprised it dissolved under your tongue man it must be a clean quality extract. RE: Dosage, I'd usually just rub it in with tobacco (dryer the better) and smoke it through water. Found a stoney synergy with passionflower. When smoking the extract I found it stronger if it doesn't come into direct contact with the flame.

Blue Lilly Xtract is great to smoke during an oral sceletium session. :shroomer::bong:

One thing I've been meaning to try is about a gram of oral sceletium, then 2 hours into it down 3 shots worth (in the form of two drinks, Lift takes away the bitterness) of a potent blue water lilly Jack Daniels. I'm certain this will make for a very euphoric time. I haven't tried it yet because the cleansing nature of oral sceletium would require me to take a gram 7 days prior to the session - as I'm quite sure there would be some nausea and maybe :puke: if ones body had not been already cleansed.

D.bosseranum is interesting. Any confirmation of tryptamines? I might give it a try in the future.

I have a bunch of D. bosseranums on hand, I'll put that on my list :)

I have heard good reviews of blue lotus, but never specifically if it dulls the mind or not- good to know :)

I rate D. Bosseranum root powder as a much better option than Scelly. Smoke a few dry-cones of the stuff from Herbalistics, and you will feel stoned, but still mentally functioning.

The several times I tried it, I wouldn't really say it hindered me at all, mentally. It's a real body stone, especially in the extremeties.

Lotus is very stupefying, I would say. At the levels I've always tried to get to anyways. Give that one a miss.

Edited by Benzito