The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dodie

NoFx Fans?

Anyone into Nofx around these woods?

Saw them last night and they played a kickarse show, they have such great diversity for a punk band.

For anyone that has a slight interest in punk I highly recommend you try these guys out, The singer actually writes about things that matter which is hard to get with other punk bands..

And for those who do listen to them, they played : The Decline! I was completely schocked..

I liked them before they went punk. Last time I saw them live was over a decade ago.

THE DECLINE!!! I will wet myself if they play it. How long was their set Dodie?

Torsten, you old skooler, when weren't they punk? Maximum Rocknroll? They just sucked so bad they didn't even sound punk :)

NOFX punk hard!

Whats the name of the tour there doing?, I saw an ad the other day but cant remember.

:scratchhead: I am obviously getting them confused with some other band. Been racking my brains, but can't work it out. Just ignore my comment until I work out what band I mean :blush:

Not mxpx torst? they used to be a bit softer.

Back in the days of skateboard'n when I was 13 & 14, listened to alot of punk rock. Physical fatness complilations. Maybe its just me but I feel punk rock changed abit after 2000.

Now days I don't like punk-rock that much. But NOFX are great I'll always like them. Although I haven't herd any new music of theres after 'Pump up the valuum'. Lyrics are great. I presume they've released a new album?

"The only real drug problem is scoring real good drugs" :BANGHEAD2:

Yeah onz around 2000 saw a big rise in pop-punk detrimental to the whole punk scene :angry:

haha Torsten! thought you were being a smartarse refrencing the usual winges of "I liked them before they sold out" - as I guess most everyone says about blink 182 and greenday etc...

Greenday were cool once, Blink 182 were always pop punk, not one thing changed when they 'sold out'.. and nofx dont need to sell out. DIY all the way, they make all their money for themselves with no record execs to tell em how/what to play.

And like dodie said, they play songs with meaning. Defintiely one of my favourite punk bands, tying with pennywise and bad religion. Nofx made me wise up, increasing my vocabulary from a young age.. its good to know the meanings for the words yer singing along to.

They were the first band I ever saw live. $20 NOFX + Bodyjar... i reckon nofx HAVE sold out; $50 for a ticket!! Fuck you nofx. still I'll let em know my disgust in person when i'm moshpitting away, raising middle finger and spitting on the band.

Nofx still rock and are getting better after all these years. instead of turning to shit . Good socio/politically charged lyrics all whilst being humorous and taking the piss

sif they played The Decline, that song is waaaay long!!! beautiful stuff but. Tried to request it at the last gig they told us to get stuffed.

Edited by El Duderino

lol, I am an idiot. After an hour of trying to work it out I finally remembered they played one of the early BDO's, so looked up the line ups. It was Def FX :BANGHEAD2:

LMAO Torsten!! Just pictured Fat Mike behind a keyboard :lol:

still I'll let em know my disgust in person when i'm moshpitting away, raising middle finger and spitting on the band

El Duderino, just don't throw any shoes at them. Apparently for every shoe thrown at them they won't play one of their classics... If they didn't sell out then they turned soft :P

NOFX are stalwarts. Led me to a whole lot of other bands and a whole lot of subversive thought :worship:

Yeah same here onz I dont really listen to punk anymore but could not miss out on seeing a band I loved so much when I was younger.. still love them. I saw them in April of 2000 with Bodyjar too, it was $27 too Eldude :wink:, I dont really think they have sold out that much, I payed $50 for this concert which is nearly 7years after I first saw them. But then again they have been played on MTV which they have always been against, but for a good reason (Franco Unamerican). First concert I went to and will never forget it, I was also there with Erin McNaught! She is just an average girl that was a punker/skater.

I kinda stopped buying records after Pump up the Valuum, alot of which they played back in concert before it was released..

Their set must of been nearly 2 hours! it was mammoth...

Lol re: shoes, Some mates saw them a few night before I did, Fat Mike's mike stand got hit with a shoe, hit him in the mouth and he got a chipped tooth.

He also said " We have a totally different set to what we played the night before, If anyone spits at me Im crossing off Perfect Government" haha

They def played The Decline el dude, I was joking about it with a mate before we went in "Hope they play the Decline!" and when they started playing it I thought no way are they gonna do the whole thing...I was wrong :) and so very glad..

Oh and anything before Liberal Animation they "Hadn't found their sound yet" :P but I still love it all..

Yeah, NOFX rules!

I am the opposite to most, only got into NOFX after being into heavier non punk stuff for a while lol!

Missed them this tour 'cos I was at goodvibes.

Just remembered something. The two best episodes of rage I ever saw was when it was hosted by NOFX and Tool. Is there anyway to get a dvd of these episodes? There were some crazy sweet tripped out songs/video clips Tool played but I was really smokey and only tracked down one of them. Some german brother with the coolest garden song I've heard - one of his lyrics resides in my sig.

Been a huge fan ever since i stumbled across punk in drublic when i was 10. I'm really shitted off i didnt get tickets, but im not one to waste 100s going to another city to see a touring band. I still hope to see them some day but with how hard they've partied in their lives i cant see them being in great health for that long, even if they dont call it quits as they get older.

bumpy I think howard stern is overrated, talentless & a sexist biggoted braindead FUCKHEAD

Great show, despite all the broken string delays, but those blokes always seem to have a good time on stage. Spending more and more time throwing blokes above the mosh and then picking them off the floor. A 7 ft giant asked me to give him a lift and I laughed until I realised he was serious :blink:

NOFXFeb07.jpg

shruman : I don't actually have an opinion on howard stern one way or the other.... but listen to the end of So long and thanks for all the shoes and you'll get it.

-bumpy