The Corroboree
gomaos

legal status of cannabis poll

The legal status of cannabis  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it seems to me like public opinion of the legal status of cannabis is changing. Its a slow and painful task but generation X and Y are both fairly in favour or cannabis reform. I think it will be up the kids born after 2000 to cast the ultimate vote on this one when the older generation finally moves on..so its vital to make sure young children a fed a diet of truthful cannabis information.

yeah sadly enough I have to admit that my own brother and sister are faschist and have always opposed any freedom regarding cannabis.

It seems that the generation of bush jnr is akin to my sister and brother;

the last frontier to legalisation of cannabis.

Once the generation of now 60 years old stauch cannabis-haters, and alcohol-addicts, is overthrown, or will slowly die out, cannabis will indeed be legalized, since there is no reasonable objection to it.

I just hope it will still happen during my lifetime. If it does I will know that my life-long fight of the establishement has not been in vain.

Judging by the nature of this forum and the voting patern so far... I think this forum may be biased hehe.

Total legalisation is the way to go, with restrictions much the same as on tabacco and alchohol IMO. De-crim is neither here nor there, at least your free to enjoy some smoke with legalisation. Might cop a fine for growing but you still will with De-crim anyway.

The price prolly wouldn't change that much going from prohibited to taxed, drop if anything, and at least there would be some sort of standardised quality control procedures in place to ensure a quality product.

As with alchohol and tobacco there should be age restrictions, allowing the next generation of kiddies to develop properly, there the future after all.

What an interesting society it would be with cannabis on the menu :)

Here's my take on the whole situation.

Genesis 1:29 in the bible says:

God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

God gave us every plant. We should not allow any person, government or anybody to take that away from us. It was given to us by God. Nobody has the right to substitute God's instructions for their own ways!

If God didn't want us to have such plants then he wouldn't have given them to us. There is not one single plant on this earth that does not have a reason for existing, or some kind of benefit to mankind or the earth.

At the very least, commercial hemp should be legal and freely available on the open market.

Growing hemp will potentially solve the majority of the world's energy, pollution and hunger problems.

We should all be driving around wearing hemp jeans, in a car made of hemp plastic, using hemp based ethanol (or hemp biodiesel) as fuel, and hemp oil in the sump, eating hemp muesli bars or hempseed burger cakes, hempseed muffins....

Hemp will stop the environmental crisis from continuing, carbon dioxide can be neutralised with hemp, greenhouse effect can be reversed, starving people can be fed nutritious hemp-nut-butter sandwiches.

The current system is absurd. We need to overthrow the current government boys club and make some changes or we're all fucked.

As for the active varieties of cannabis.... I reckon everybody should at least smoke a cone in their lifetime, even if it is just to gain some perspective and understanding on what it really is.

Also, Something I would like cleared up.. The Australian law specifically names "Cannabis Sativa" as the outlawed plant. AFAIK There seems to be no mention of Indica in the laws. Can anybody comment on this?

Edited by Big George

Very, very well spoken George. :worship:

what a silly poll

am i suprised there is not one vote towards cannabis remaining illigal, comming from this forum? no

what a rhetorical question

Are you serious tepa?

If situations as of late haven't communicated the message well enough, this forum attracts a broad spectrum of folk with vastly different ideals, you of all people should know this.

im serious, [0.00%] is going to remain [0.00%]

i guarrenteeeeeeeeee

I also agreeeeeeeeee

DECRIMINALISE IT

Edited by Narcissism

I think it was fair enough - just like the other options. Fair enough, everyone here can accept the fact that cannabis should in no way be illegal, but in the name of a good poll, you always need the other end of the arguement for statistics. I dont think it was just the simple illegal/legal debate, it also included the comprimise of decriminalisation. There was nothing bad/wrong/stupid/or even silly about it - just a simple debate to help define the communities view on the subject.

Its all good :)

Ok, who voted for "illegal"? Is that just a response to tepa's comment, or do you actually believe this? If so, why?

Edited for a mate

Edited by Ace

edited - a brief conversation of no consistency :)

Edited by Ace